Well well well... Like Lee Mayberry drilling a 3 in Austin, Nolan strollin' by Tommy Penders...

Lowcountry Hog

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

joking aside, the revival of the Texas vs Arkansas rivalry was one of the first things i thought of when i heard about Texas joining the SEC. definitely excited to get that back going again. pretty much anyone born after 1990 doesn't even know that Texas and Arkansas were once huge rivals. 

Hell. Yes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

yeah, i was joking. 2-3 years ago i wanted Musselman to leave Nevada to come take over for Shaka Smart and 9/10 people here told me i was stupid for that. those people no longer feel that way. oddly, none of them has apologized or admitted that they were wrong yet! the weirdest thing...

fwiw i actually had Arkansas in the FF in my bracket last year. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Eric Musselman is a terrible coach, and anyone who is excited to have him is an idiot.

Legit one of your funniest posts. Good call back to you driving the Muss Bus. 

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

pretty much anyone born after 1990 doesn't even know that Texas and Arkansas were once huge rivals. 

Not quite right. We had a home and home in 03 and 04 and played in the Cotton Bowl in 2000. I was plenty aware that Arky was not to be trusted and worthy of hatred growing up. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was at that game where Nolan walked.  Our crowd was electric, pissed, and ultimately disconsolate.  

To this day I don't know why we didn't foul on the dribble before the tying 3-pt shot. 

Probably because Penders didn't coach them to do so, or to do anything on defense.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was at that game where Nolan walked.  Our crowd was electric, pissed, and ultimately disconsolate.  

To this day I don't know why we didn't foul on the dribble before the tying 3-pt shot. 

Probably couldn’t hear Penders yelling ‘Foul’ over Cheryl Miller yelping like a banshee 

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2021 at 7:13 PM, Lowcountry Hog said:

Well considering Arkansas squeaked by when Tech's roster was light years inferior, I wouldn't be so quick to post this. Arkansas was more lucky than good in that game, but it's the tournament and lucky is needed more times than not.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Well considering Arkansas squeaked by when Tech's roster was light years inferior, I wouldn't be so quick to post this. Arkansas was more lucky than good in that game, but it's the tournament and lucky is needed more times than not.

What do the Horns know about what it takes to win in the big dance? 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Arkansas only had one player voted all-SEC, Moses Moody. It's not like we had a Kentucky roster with multiple first round picks. Light years inferior is a bit of a stretch.

When I was a little kid my father took me to the swc basketball tournament in the hemisfair arena. Those Arkansas teams were great - US Reed and Scott Hastings - but the thing I remember most was all those idiots in their plastic hog hats doing woo pig. I couldn't figure out what the fuck was going on. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

When I was a little kid my father took me to the swc basketball tournament in the hemisfair arena. Those Arkansas teams were great - US Reed and Scott Hastings - but the thing I remember most was all those idiots in their plastic hog hats doing woo pig. I couldn't figure out what the fuck was going on. 

Abe vs. Eddie was some epic stuff. Arky had talent, and they usually won. That was bad enough, but Sutton was simply insufferable. As a result, I hated him and his program with the fury of a thousand suns. So really, nothing's changed. 

Abe going ballistic after one of those heated battles still ranks as a total classic. Augie had nothing on him. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Basketball-Abe-Lemons-Eddie-Sutton-Hall-of-Fame-Arkansas-Razorbacks-1979-tear-Sunday-clothes-147946694/

23 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Abe vs. Eddie was some epic stuff. Arky had talent, and they usually won. That was bad enough, but Sutton was simply insufferable. As a result, I hated him and his program with the fury of a thousand suns. So really, nothing's changed. 

Abe going ballistic after one of those heated battles still ranks as a total classic. Augie had nothing on him. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Basketball-Abe-Lemons-Eddie-Sutton-Hall-of-Fame-Arkansas-Razorbacks-1979-tear-Sunday-clothes-147946694/

Man that was some good stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 12:59 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I was there too. Best basketball game I ever saw where we lost. Everyone knew we were fucked in OT and that prick should have been ejected when he came back out to the floor. 

34 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I was there too. Best basketball game I ever saw where we lost. Everyone knew we were fucked in OT and that prick should have been ejected when he came back out to the floor. 

We couldn't figure out why he walked in the first place.  He wasn't tossed.  I hated him and his teams, but they were fun to watch (when they weren't beating us).

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He should’ve been ejected when he left, or certainly when he returned, for showing up the refs. You don’t do that and get away with it. 

I’d say it shouldn’t have mattered, but we should’ve had a tech, two FTs, and possession, and the game never should’ve made it to OT. 

I get what you’re saying but how do you throw a guy out who already left? I suppose it’s a technical but I don’t really know for sure. The whole thing was just bizarre. Never seen anything like it.

23 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Unless he told the ref “I had explosive diarrhea unrelated to my view on your team’s officiating” and the guy bought it, he should’ve been ejected. He should’ve been assessed a tech the minute he passed the Horns bench. 

You don’t stroll when you have the trots. 

Yeah, it was a huge middle finger to the refs, who rolled over and asked for a belly rub.  Fucking ridiculous.  And THEN they let him back in OT.  Typical SWC officiating.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2021 at 7:03 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, it was a huge middle finger to the refs, who rolled over and asked for a belly rub.  Fucking ridiculous.  And THEN they let him back in OT.  Typical SWC officiating.

You’ll find the SEC officials won’t be any better unless you are “big blue nation”