Political ramifications of SEC conference move

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

The political consequence is Texas becomes a full member of Dumb Dixie - something most of us seasoned Texans never wanted to happen. I used to say Texas was part of the west and not a product of Dixie. I was wrong. This move seals Texas' fate for generations to come. 

This is my vision of the South.

I suppose I must admit after the past 5 years -  all of Texas is now within Southern Dixie sphere of influence. That's regression. 

Can we bring USC and UCLA (and/or Cal/Stanford) with us (and push aggy and mizzou back to the big 12)? It might balance out the academic disparity. And we can just call it College Football. 

And again - none of this applies to the Democrats stuck in Dixie. They are blueberries in a toxic raspberry soup.  Brave souls. 

Ah BLEE dey gon hyya tew dem one-a SATCHELIZE dat bwah now!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

The political consequence is Texas becomes a full member of Dumb Dixie - something most of us seasoned Texans never wanted to happen.

I’m convinced we may be too far gone already. Football conference be damned. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

We're way past the point that football and basketball should be separated as minor league teams. Give them 4 years of eligibility. Pay them stipends to play. No school. Then, when their eligibility is done, give them 5+ years of full-ride scholarships to go to school. Throw in grad school too if they want it. 

That way the former players would know they need the education and take it seriously and actually have the time to pursue a useful degree. Guys that bust out of the pros will still have a support network to fall back on and build from. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Pods said:

We're way past the point that football and basketball should be separated as minor league teams. Give them 4 years of eligibility. Pay them stipends to play. No school. Then, when their eligibility is done, give them 5+ years of full-ride scholarships to go to school. Throw in grad school too if they want it. 

That way the former players would know they need the education and take it seriously and actually have the time to pursue a useful degree. Guys that bust out of the pros will still have a support network to fall back on and build from. 

Yep, I've been saying that for years. It just seems to make too much sense.

The South is easy to pick on for historical reasons alone, but is the rural Midwest any better? Colorado has its own MTG...With very rare exceptions, the divide is between urban and rural, not South and West or any other region vs any other. 

There were 6m Trump voters in California. Alabama has 5m people total. At least two of them have assured us on these very boards they did not vote for Trump and I almost believe them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Think about going to these games or watching them on TV.

Choice A: Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, WVU, Tech

Choice B: Alabama, A&M, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss St, Missouri, Kentucky, Vandy

You choose B. It's that simple.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Think about going to these games or watching them on TV.

Choice A: Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, WVU, Tech

Choice B: Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, UC Berkeley, Colorado, University of Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, USC, Utah, University of Washington, Washington State.

You choose B. It's that simple.

Fifm 

Edited by Willfully Horn
Utah
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The South is easy to pick on for historical reasons alone, but is the rural Midwest any better? Colorado has its own MTG...With very rare exceptions, the divide is between urban and rural, not South and West or any other region vs any other. 

There were 6m Trump voters in California. Alabama has 5m people total. At least two of them have assured us on these very boards they did not vote for Trump and I almost believe them. 

Rural everywhere sucks. 

Nah demos are changing in Texas, slowly but surely. Only a matter of time. 

Until those ever promised demographic changes actually happen and y’all still have fuckwads like Cruz and Cornyn and Abbott and Patrick and Paxton and Miller and West, y’all are still in the same shit ass situation as the rest of tour conference brethren.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Joining the SEC is like going to prison with masters of utter degeneracy . . . 

Florida - step up to the plate. What the fuck is this?

https://www.tampabay.com/investigations/2021/07/24/pasco-sheriffs-office-letter-targets-residents-for-increased-accountability/ (first three articles free with no registration). Good journalism in the link.

The Tampa Bay Sheriff's Office harasses citizens for possible future crimes? Minority Report decided by Florida cops? 

And Texas Sheriffs, don't any wise ideas. Nothing wise about this idea for anyone other than the corrupt. 

spacer.png

Edited by washparkhorn