RIP Steven Weinberg

Michael Knight

4 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

UT News | The University of Texas at Austin: UT Austin Mourns Death of World-Renowned Physicist Steven Weinberg

One of the greatest scientific minds of his generation

https://news.utexas.edu/2021/07/24/ut-austin-mourns-death-of-world-renowned-physicist-steven-weinberg/

Kind of a dick, but that's to be expected when you're so much smarter than everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1

He was a physicist at UT?

I always wondered what he did after Cocoon and the Police Academy movies.

Holy shit, this is like when you find out that Peter Weller went and got a Ph.D. at UCLA in Itlian Renaissance Art History, or learning that Brian May got a PhD in astrophysics from Imperial College London and was Chancellor of Liverpool John Moores University from 2008 to 2013.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I had his wife for Federal Courts.  I didn't think she was that great a teacher, but I learned it and it stuck with me, so  . . . .

I also had his wife for Fed Courts. 

I have no idea why I took that class. 

She seemed to be more in love with John Marshall than anyone living today. 

I had never been happier about getting a B+ In any class ever than that one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sad news. I was wondering how Professor Weinberg was doing. As in, is he still with us?

Do they light the Tower for something like this? Or light it with a different color?

He had some (imo) great quotes regarding religion. I don't want to clutter up this thread with it but here's a link to some of his better quotes.

https://www.inspiringquotes.us/author/8122-steven-weinberg

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 5:55 PM, washparkhorn said:

RIP

This is the kind of stuff they should put on the Jumbotron on Saturdays during a TV time out instead another God damned Tiff's Treat's commercial or that worn out "Get your bachelors degree..."

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 3