Recommendations for a Dude Ranch in N. Texas

Both Tacos

16 hours ago, orangeut said:

Wildcatter ranch in Graham.   Great place!!

I found their site but no pricing on the activities or what the costs are for other than their hotel rooms.  Will need one of their cabins for the family unit. I send them an email to get more info. 

If your interested we are in Trinidad. In a couple of weeks we will be rounding up some Brahma influenced cattle so it could get a little Rodeoish! We will be separating, vaccinating, deworming and castrating. Maybe even some hot branding. No hoot n hollerin or we will kick y'all out. We have a bunk house---no electric or running water bring a sleeping bag. Have an outhouse though. have a duroc crossbred feeder to slaughter maybe y'all can help with that or weed the garden for us. Finishing up a chicken coop maybe your daughter can help Emilio with that. Got lots of guns you can shoot just dont shoot your eye out. Probably will need help shredding down by the creek, Damn goat weed is starting to come up. Can you or your wife run a tractor? if not I can teach you. easy peasy.  Ill give y'all 3 squares a day. let me know. Pay me about Three Fiddy a night. 

• Like 1

If your interested we are in Trinidad. In a couple of weeks we will be rounding up some Brahma influenced cattle so it could get a little Rodeoish! We will be separating, vaccinating, deworming and castrating. Maybe even some hot branding. No hoot n hollerin or we will kick y'all out. We have a bunk house---no electric or running water bring a sleeping bag. Have an outhouse though. have a duroc crossbred feeder to slaughter maybe y'all can help with that or weed the garden for us. Finishing up a chicken coop maybe your daughter can help Emilio with that. Got lots of guns you can shoot just dont shoot your eye out. Probably will need help shredding down by the creek, Damn goat weed is starting to come up. Can you or your wife run a tractor? if not I can teach you. easy peasy.  Ill give y'all 3 squares a day. let me know. Pay me about Three Fiddy a night. 

For tree fiddy a night, I better get some hoot n hollering. Actually believe it or not, that is on the low side of what these dude ranches charge for a family per day. Maybe I'll just take her to the local Walmart and let her ride that electric horse out front for $10 worth.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:
1 hour ago, Austin Orange said:
Rough Creek. Glenn Rose

I wouldn't exactly put Rough Creek into the "dude ranch" category.

They do....

luxury dude ranch, that is. And talk about a great family vacation: just a short drive from Dallas and Fort Worth, Rough Creek Lodge is a real working ranch and a fabulous  getaway.

18 hours ago, Both Tacos said:

I found their site but no pricing on the activities or what the costs are for other than their hotel rooms.  Will need one of their cabins for the family unit. I send them an email to get more info. 

I’ll second Wildcatter.  Wife (no pics) and her girlfriends had a girls’ weekend there last summer.  She had fun and wants to take the family out there once the boys get older.  Her friends are cheapskates, so pricing can’t be too high.  Website has changed, but IIRC hey have activities ranging from archery to horse riding and everything in between.  Please let us know what you get back from them.