I would like to keep Texas Tech game on the schedule

The Earl of Texas

Assuming move to the SEC, which Big 12 opponent would you like to keep playing regularly?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming move to the SEC, which Big 12 opponent would you like to keep playing regularly?

• Texas Tech
    • Baylor
    • TCU
    • Oklahoma State
    • Kansas State
    • Kansas
    • Iowa State
    • West Virginia

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

We'd never play at Ford Stadium, so the allure of playing SMU is nonexistent. 

I do respect their tailgate scene. My goodness, good times. 

Probably right and that's a shame. It would be a blast.

We did host atm fairly recently but I don't think their fanbase is quite as big - and we were way shittier back then. You'd definitely run out of tickets if you played a home and home now. 

What would be awesome is a "home and home" with the Cotton Bowl as the home venue for SMU. But that would also never happen. 

No thanks on JerryWorld. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Then you aren't looking at how Alabama, LSU, and Georgia have been scheduling for a while now. We'll do 1-2 regional Texas/Louisiana teams and 1 marquee OOC each year. 

Yes, I'm well aware of that most programs usually bring in one quality OOC for their fans (we would have played at LSU this past season).  Since the SEC plays four OOC games a year, their patsy versus quality opponent ratio is very skewed.  Go look at who aggy has been playing for OOC games.

8 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

With regard to OOC scheduling, I seem to recall a poster (?Scipio) who once accurately advocated for either (A) you play home-and-home with a blue blood like USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame. ***or** (B) you play a patsy -- maybe in a 2-for-1 series -- with a. regional team like Rice or Tulane, so that your team gets a few wins and your alums get some home games (or de facto home games), and the players get to play in front of their families at Rice stadium or wherever.  

But as I recall, and I think this was the phrase used, "Don't mess with Mr In-between."  i.e. don't travel far away to play mid-level teams who aren't marquee opponents, yet they're still good enough to beat you.

8 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

You mean like Maryland?

3 hours ago, WBT said:

Everyone forgets about Cal.  Fuck, it's been a lost decade.

See also: NC State, Stanford. Mack's two early WTF games. 

8 hours ago, Xian said:

One huge game against Ohio state, usc, notre dame  a year then Play 2-1 with both rice and houston so we have a semi regular Houston game. 

DeLoss said the UH AD's grandchildren's grandchildren would be dead before UT scheduled UH again after Bleachergate '01.

I am all for Rice games but they need to knock that Reliant shit off and play those games at Rice. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• 1 month later...