microbreweries

thrillhammer

Sounds like compadre in the pville area might be close to OP.

I’ve tried to like 4th tap but just can’t. In that area is hop squad, celis, adelberts, circle, abw, Oskar blues, etc. A little more central is brewtorium and oddwood ales. 

East side has Lazarus and blue owl.

Most of the south ones I like have already been mentioned. Hard to beat a nice day at live oak or abgb. The people that own nomadic are cool.

Edited by Larry T. Spider

went to 4th tap and hop squad last weekend, both were not good but 4th tap was marginally better. oskar blues has made significant improvements to their outside space since the last time i was there, and their beer was far better than the other 2. 

49 minutes ago, stc said:

went to 4th tap and hop squad last weekend, both were not good but 4th tap was marginally better. oskar blues has made significant improvements to their outside space since the last time i was there, and their beer was far better than the other 2. 

I would agree with all of that.

Sounds like compadre in the pville area might be close to OP.
I’ve tried to like 4th tap but just can’t. In that area is hop squad, celis, adelberts, circle, abw, Oskar blues, etc. A little more central is brewtorium and oddwood ales. 
East side has Lazarus and blue owl.

Most of the south ones I like have already been mentioned. Hard to beat a nice day at live oak or abgb. The people that own nomadic are cool.

Yep, 4th Tap blows.

Lazarus is pretty terrible too unless something has changed recently- I gave up on them in 2018. Zilker Brewing Co. is my favorite in that region.

I haven't seen Meanwhile mentioned here so I'll bring it up. They're south with a nice setup (plenty of land, a few food trucks, a stage for bands) and decent beers... easy to combine with a trip to Live Oak, Hi Sign, etc.

I stopped by ABGB today- great beer as usual and a good band playing. They also have a tangerine sour on tap right now.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 3:45 AM, KaiserSoze said:

Yep, 4th Tap blows.

Lazarus is pretty terrible too unless something has changed recently- I gave up on them in 2018. Zilker Brewing Co. is my favorite in that region.

I haven't seen Meanwhile mentioned here so I'll bring it up. They're south with a nice setup (plenty of land, a few food trucks, a stage for bands) and decent beers... easy to combine with a trip to Live Oak, Hi Sign, etc.

I stopped by ABGB today- great beer as usual and a good band playing. They also have a tangerine sour on tap right now.

Lazarus is hit or miss. They have some very solid ones and then some meh ones

• 1 month later...

finally made it down to meanwhile brewing. all of the beers i tried were good...the festbier collab with deschutes was the highlight. the kids though, my god the kids. it's like a playground that happens to have a brewery there. 

• 1 month later...