Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is the basketball board equivalent of "they should have just given it to D'Onta more" in 2016.  

nah, its more like basketball common sense.    your jumper isn't falling and you are having success inside the line.........shoot more inside the line.

Drive = get fouled pushed, hit on the arm it isn't called

Shoot 3 = get fouled on the arm, land on a foot and twist your ankle it isn't called

Defend = get fouled moving screen it isn't called

Great series how exciting! Don't know why Harden wouldn't shake hands with Curry after the game what a poor sport.

Drive = get fouled pushed, hit on the arm it isn't called Shoot 3 = get fouled on the arm, land on a foot and twist your ankle it isn't called Defend = get fouled moving screen it isn't called

Great series how exciting! Don't know why Harden wouldn't shake hands with Curry after the game what a poor sport.

Lol, harden is a very talented pussy, you always shake hands. In the nhl you literally break other players jaws and shake hands (see Darian Hatcher and Jeremy Roenick)

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Everyone? Nah. You are though because your shitty okc thunda blow ass.

Rockets played less than 24 hours ago but you bring up a team that got kicked out the playoffs over a month ago.  Sour much?

2 hours ago, d2o said:

He had some pretty bad plays and a lack of situational awareness.    Couple it with how his seasons have ended over the last few years and a pattern is pretty clear.  He isn't a fraud cause of last night.   He's a fraud cause of the pattern of not showing up big (or at all at times) when they've needed him to be that MVP the most.

It's like playing in OKC afflicted Durant, Harden, and Westbrook with lack of awareness regardless of where they've played since then.  They're all really bad.

Is Harden just a rich man's version of Melo?  They're both volume shooters but Harden is a better passer and Melo a better rebounder?

So, apparently, D'Antoni told KD that Houston would have won Game 7 had CP3 played during the postgame handshakes (classy). KD told a reporter who then brought it up to Steve Kerr at Morton's Steakhouse. Between sips of beer, Kerr said, "We win in 5 with Iggy." 

Rivalry initiated. And there's certainly no love loss between those two.

Edited by aggie08

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So, apparently, D'Antoni told KD that Houston would have won Game 7 had CP3 played during the postgame handshakes (classy). KD told a reporter who then brought it up to Steve Kerr at Morton's Steakhouse. Between sips of wine, Kerr said, "We win in 5 with Iggy." 

Rivalry initiated. And there's certainly no love loss between those two.

Ha.... I said the exact same thing last night..... Houston has a case they win with CP3 in 7, but that is incumbent on Iggy getting hurt in the first place or it's probably over in 5 or certainly 6 if both teams are healthy.

Thought this was hilarious about not shaking hands..... Doesn't help make Harden more likeable, but pretty sure he doesn't care.

Harden is an offensive dynamo but without CP3's midrange game, they were really shorthanded and that's with PJ Tucker playing with the heart of a lion.  I was surprised to see him not take it to the hoop more in the 2nd half.  Interesting dichotomy of strategies.

Also, to build on the conversation about Harden and his 3 point shooting..... I wanted him to attack the hoop, attack the hoop.... and when tired.... attack the hoop.  That's Houston at their best.  If he has a wide open 3 then take it but his deep shooting tends to suffer the deeper you go in the playoffs.

It doesn't surprise me at all that his game 1 3 point shooting is much better when his legs have more juice and before the other team can make adjustments.  Look at this year's game 1 3 point shooting:

MIN:  7 -12

UTA:  7-12

GSW:  5-9

Those are easily his best shooting games from distance in each series.  

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Ha.... I said the exact same thing last night..... Houston has a case they win with CP3 in 7, but that is incumbent on Iggy getting hurt in the first place or it's probably over in 5 or certainly 6 if both teams are healthy.

Yeah, I don't want to hear jack shit from either team about injury excuses for two 34 year old players with chronic leg issues. You hold your breath on those guys all year, and if they're still available in late May, you lucked out. I just like the rekindling of the Kerr/D'Antoni bad blood from Phoenix.

Edited by aggie08

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, I don't want to hear jack shit from either team about injury excuses for two 34 year old players with chronic leg issues. You hold your breath on those guys all year, and if they're still available in late May, you lucked out. I just like the rekindling of the Kerr/D'Antoni bad blood from Phoenix.

Agreed.  I'm really not trying to hear that shit.    And saying it to a member of the other team?   Cmon man a coach should be above that shit.   Especially when that coach benefited from Iggy being hurt.

1 hour ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Drive = get fouled pushed, hit on the arm it isn't called

Shoot 3 = get fouled on the arm, land on a foot and twist your ankle it isn't called

Defend = get fouled moving screen it isn't called

Aggy as fuck

22 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

James Harden tried to touch d2o 48 times over the last four games but was only able to actually make contact 9 times.

All I had to do is stand about 24 ft away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Aggy as fuck

So it was aggy as fuck for Texas fans to bitch about the refs during the okie st football game with strong? So any team fan base that bitches about obvious non calls and let’s be honest even the announcers were going on non stop about Scott foster and his head scratching calls. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So it was aggy as fuck for Texas fans to bitch about the refs during the okie st football game with strong? So any team fan base that bitches about obvious non calls and let’s be honest even the announcers were going on non stop about Scott foster and his head scratching calls. 

The refs stole the 2006 NBA Finals from the Mavs. Maybe this means that Harden and the Rockets will beat the GSW in 2023 after Giannis joins the Warriors.

6 hours ago, d2o said:

Especially when that coach benefited from Iggy being hurt.

People really undervalued how big of an impact this had. The Warriors lost game 4 and 5 by a combined 7 points. There's no doubt Iggy would have been the difference in those two games. 

Losing CP3 sucks and it definitively had an impact, but I tend to agree with Kerr. This series would have been over early and before the CP3 injury ever happened if Iggy wasn't injured.  

The way you beat the Warriors is to force them to go big with Looney. That becomes a reality with no Iggy. 

Edited by texasstrong12

The Rockets missed 27 3-pointers in a row. John Starks thinks thats a choke job.

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No. Sometimes it’s warranted. This thread is full of Houston fans blaming the refs for every single loss including massive blowouts. It’s aggy as fuck to blame the refs when your team missed 27 consecutive threes. 

Sorry dude but you’re being very aggy 

• Like 3

I didn’t blame any loss on the refs. I said complaining about obvious calls like I did isn’t aggy. Lol. The and 1 three that harden hit was a obvious call where bell landed into him, the other he hit the three and foster said it wasn’t in shooting motion when it was by a long shot. You are telling me those calls weren’t obvious and to bitch about them is aggy? 

I’ve never said we lost the series because of the refs and you can’t repost one thing I’ve said saying that. I did bitch about certain calls no doubt.

• Like 1