Your favorite memories of pig, aggy and the other SEC garbage

MoJames

Enjoyed being in person to watch Mack, Chris and Roy beat Nick Saban's ass....the year before he won it all

Also enjoyed being yelled at by a drunken piglet as she pissed down her leg in the middle of the street post 2004 in Fayettenam.  

But mostly...mostly I enjoyed watching Mack, for all his faults just drill those sheep fuckers again, and again and again.  Payback for being a kid in elementary/middle/HS from early 80s to mid 90s and taking a lot of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pigs-Big Shootout.  On TV, not in person.

DKR going for 2 and eventually winning 15-14.

What I didn't know at the time is that he went for 2 on the 2nd TD and lost 14-13 in 1964 and that cost Texas an MNC.  Arkansas was the only unbeaten that year after UT beat Bama and Joe Willie in the Orange Bowl.

Arkansas was the only unbeaten that year after UT beat Bama and Joe Willie in the Orange Bowl.

I saw that game. Dad scored tickets from one of the subcontractors at Port Everglades. Glad to see the horns win.

Spurrier drove the Gators to the Bama 7 yard line in the last minutes of our game that year, and his kicker missed the tying FG. Fuck Bama that year.

1. Big Shootout in 1969.

By the end of that wretched third quarter, you believed they could play until Monday without Texas scoring.

Then--BAM! Street's 42 yard run, an interception in our end zone to keep Arkansas from making it a 2-score game, and that 4th down Street-to-Peschel bomb to set up the winning score. Not to mention one last interception to stave off a final Arkansas field goal threat. 15 - 14.

Really shitty first three quarters, but a 4th quarter for the ages.

2. 1977

13- 9 over Arkansas with that huge screen pass to Earl Campbell to set up the winning score.

3. 1970

Cuz it was funny. Texas exploded on Arkansas in Austin to the tune of 42 - 7. 

1999 Cotton Bowl vs MSU.  Ricky did Ricky things.  30 car, 208 yds 2 TD's.  Wane McGarity had 130 receiving and 2 TD's

2003 Cotton Bowl- Roy Williams killed LSU 4 catches for 142 1 TD and a carry for a 39 yd TD

2012- Destroying Ole Miss in Oxford.  That was a fun road trip. Ash to Davis and Goodwin all day

1995- Last SWC game vs aggy.  Westbrook kills Leeland McElroy.

1990- Mark Berry stopping Darren Lewis

• Hook 'Em 1

January 1, 1982. I had just completed my first semester in law school and was visiting my parents who at that time, lived in Huntington Beach, California. My idiot older sister lived out there and had married a sculptor, artist, stoner. (He did some work on the movie, "The Thing" was just released in 1982).

6th ranked Texas is playing 3rd ranked Alabama in the Cotton Bowl. That 1:00 p.m. start in Texas meant 11:00 a.m. Left Coast Time. Soooo, I start pounding Bloody Marys (Maries?) around 10:00. Game starts.

Idoit sister's (now ex) husband comes staggering into the room in the second quarter. Willie (yes, his true name) says, "So, Steve, so like, what are you about man?" I remember slowing looking up at him and in an exaggerated drawl say, "Well, Willie, I'm about to start my 3rd Bloody Mary and then watch the rest of this fucking game. Wanna join me?"

His blood shot eyes open wider, he mumbles something and stumbles out of the room.

I watched out Horns come back in the 4th to beat the Bear Bryant lead Bama team.

(But for that horrific loss against Arkansuck earlier in the year, we probably would have won the MNC that year)

• Hook 'Em 1

My biggest memories of Arkie are - 

1976 - My freshman year at UT.  The Horns were a preseason top 10 and it was the last year for both DKR and Frank Broyles.  TV had again moved the game back to the first week of December in anticipation of an epic match up.  Instead both teams had disappointing seasons and the Horns a boring ass game 29-12 to finish 5-5-1 and stave off a losing season.  We called it the Resignation Bowl.

1981 - Traveled to Fayettenam to watch the #1 Horns take on the unranked Pigs.  Barely made it out alive after a 42-11 beat down ruined our undefeated season (tied Cougar High).

14 hours ago, strolin_nolan said:

1977 Arkansas vs Texas ,  even though we lost it was a epic game .... Earl Cambell is the man

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/oct/16/campbell-doesn-t-hide-horns-pride-20181/

I hate to break it to you but we won that game 13-9.  1971 and 1979 were the only two years in the 70s we lost to the pig fuckers.

Great question.. I mean I tried to think beyond the normal - Tucker kick, Ricky's run, etc..

I loved the pregame vs aggy when both teams got into fight at the 50 yard line.. The announcers welcome everybody, go to commercial, come back.. and it's mayhem. They showed Ed Cunningham swinging his helmet on some farmer.. loved that.. I don't even remember if we won.. so what. 

End of day, I cherish the beatings of OU.. I expect to put the wood to the farmers and the pigs.. So winning doesn't stand out. Now ask about best memories of OU - 

Stony's stop

Gardere's win streak of 4

The Cash Twins

2015 Charlie's team shocks OU

etc.