Would you like to keep Tech in the schedule after we leave??

Rimbo

Would you like to keep Tech on the schedule after we leave?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to keep Tech on the schedule after we leave?

• no
    • fuck no
    • are you fucking kidding me? hell no
    • nuh-uh
    • why in God's holy name would you even ask this?
    • i mean have you ever even been to Lubbock?
    • i mean, even Amarillo is better than Lubbock
    • and let's not forget what those fuckers did in 2008
    • the idiots who fired the Pirate? naw, man
    • seriously, whose dumb idea was this

I've said from their departure, that I'm cool with Tech never scheduling A&M in any sport again.  If we meet in a bowl, whatever.

This situation is much different IMHO.  I'd be down with Tech and Texas deliberately scheduling down the road.  I'm not in favor of it necessarily remaining an annual event.  I don't think that fits the (future) needs of either school, although a kickoff meeting at Jerry World might be cool for the money.  I'm very interested in maintaining basketball and baseball tilts, as there are more dates with which to use.  Yeah, basically I am also admitting Tech is more competitive in those 2 sports.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, Snacks said:

First game of the season every year....

The first game for the next ten years should be at Hawaii.  Surely such a trip could be used to sway at least one or two highly-ranked, fence-sitting recruits each year.   

17 hours ago, slorch said:

I've said from their departure, that I'm cool with Tech never scheduling A&M in any sport again.  If we meet in a bowl, whatever.

This situation is much different IMHO.  I'd be down with Tech and Texas deliberately scheduling down the road.  I'm not in favor of it necessarily remaining an annual event.  I don't think that fits the (future) needs of either school, although a kickoff meeting at Jerry World might be cool for the money.  I'm very interested in maintaining basketball and baseball tilts, as there are more dates with which to use.  Yeah, basically I am also admitting Tech is more competitive in those 2 sports.

Aggy joined the Klan. You joined aggy. No. 

• Fuck You 1

I have always enjoyed playing Tech for the most part and would not intentionally avoid them in the future. 

I feel the opposite about TCU. I have read so much bullshit lately from them acting like they’ve been in the conference longer than 9 years, and that their winning football record against Texas in the last few years some how makes their athletic department superior. I hope they get stuck back in the WAC or CUSA. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I have always enjoyed playing Tech for the most part and would not intentionally avoid them in the future. 

I feel the opposite about TCU. I have read so much bullshit lately from them acting like they’ve been in the conference longer than 9 years, and that their winning football record against Texas in the last few years some how makes their athletic department superior. I hope they get stuck back in the WAC or CUSA. 

They'll likely wind up in the AAC alongside Baylor, rejoining SMU and Houston from the old SWC days. 

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

MVC. Why? ‘Cause fuck em, that’s why. 

(This message brought to you by Popcopy.)