Who had this hanging in his room?

crash_davis

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yep. Older brother had the the Farrah Fawcett poster. I had the Cheryl Tiegs poster. Brother had a lot of Kiss photos, cutouts, and posters on the wall. Mine were Star Wars. Also had a bunch of Wacky Packages stickers on the bedroom door. 

I think the Farrah and Cheryl posters caused the wacky stickiness. 

• Like 1

I also had this poster, which in retrospect wasn’t that hot, but man I was in love with Cheryl Ladd. Check out the first episode of season 2 of Charlie’s Angels sometime - Angels in Paradise - and you’ll get a good look at her and Jaclyn Smith running around in bikinis. Mrowr.

10c41412e6b66a9af583e84bb82def4b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Raises hand.

ex8vyiju8qd71.jpg

I had this.  It was the first poster on my wall.  My mom hated it, but she had let my sister put up a Sean Cassidy poster so she couldn't say anything to me.

16 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yep. Older brother had the the Farrah Fawcett poster. I had the Cheryl Tiegs poster. Brother had a lot of Kiss photos, cutouts, and posters on the wall. Mine were Star Wars. Also had a bunch of Wacky Packages stickers on the bedroom door. 

That explains a lot. 

16 minutes ago, After irth said:

That explains a lot. 

That my brother had shitty taste in music? Yes he did. And still does. Rush is still his favorite band. I lost interest after Grace Under Pressure. It’s not that I hate them. I like their earlier stuff and I still saw them in concert a couple times after that. But I’m much more into jazz and improvisational rock now and my record collection is probably 100 times the size of his. I probably have more recordings by each of the Grateful Dead, King Crimson, Frank Zappa, and Miles Davis than he has albums in his collection.

And to tie it back to posters, when I got to college I hung the poster that came in the Purple Rain album on the wall of my dorm room. That poster probably hung on 25-50% of the dorm room walls at that time. It was everywhere.

What does that explain, Sparky?

My dad had the Farrah poster in the garage. It was a dusty garage. Then 'lil Anwar removed the dust from the nipples. Funny it stayed like that a long time.

I had the blue bikini Heather Thomas, the Aces High Iron Maiden poster and the 7th Son of a 7th Son poster. Also had a random poster of about 6 topless girls in thong bikinis with their ass to the camera. All of those were my mom's favorite - she couldn't pick just one.

12 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And to tie it back to posters, when I got to college I hung the poster that came in the Purple Rain album on the wall of my dorm room. That poster probably hung on 25-50% of the dorm room walls at that time. It was everywhere.

What does that explain, Sparky?

I got to see Prince and Sheila-E on the Purple Rain tour.  I was headed to the library to go study that night, Prince was playing at the Erwin Center (UT basketball arena), my buddy and I said screw it, went and bought scalp tickets at less than face value (warm up band was already on stage), and saw The show. /CSB

and I had the Heather Thomas poster in my dorm room. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I got to see Prince and Sheila-E on the Purple Rain tour.  I was headed to the library to go study that night, Prince was playing at the Erwin Center (UT basketball arena), my buddy and I said screw it, went and bought scalp tickets at less than face value (warm up band was already on stage), and saw The show. /CSB

and I had the Heather Thomas poster in my dorm room. 

The only time I saw Prince, most of his show was a medley of his hit songs. I know he has a huge catalog, most of which I’ve never heard. As an old Deadhead, I don’t need to hear your greatest hits at every show. I’d rather follow you around and catch Little Red Corvette once in five shows instead of getting a short excerpt of it at every concert. Play me the stuff I’ve never heard before. And then drop a surprise Raspberry Beret on me. Tell anyone who bitches that you didn’t play Purple Rain that night to go to hell. It will make it more special when you do play it.