Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

In a March 2 interview with The Battalion, Bourgeois, Class of 1989, said The Rudder Association is focused on “bringing Aggies together in a loving way.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20100113004429/http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2009/12/08/Opinion/A.Hole.Different.World-3847440.shtml

Edited by Beau Vine

7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Yeah, but at least things are going well ON the field. They just finished an 8-4feit season, and the combine is in full swing...

210341003_ScreenShot2022-03-07at3_47_10PM.thumb.png.9f297160f042c9b7575baeb3eabe5fab.png

Whatever they test at the Combine, Jerry Schmidt does NOT train for. That keeps happening to his guys even when they're good at football.

• Hook 'Em 1

If someone has time, some of the greatest shit ever written is up on the texags basketball forum right now. Topics include the notion that the aggie basketball team was snubbed because the committee was jealous of their #1 recruiting class in football, Sankey fucking them on purpose because he’s in the tank with UT, and Bjorg needing to write a strongly worded demand letter and posting it publicly calling the committee into account for their corruption.  I mean, it’s as good as I have ever seen. 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

40 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's hilarious that these stupid fucks think 3 days of better basketball play make up for a season's worth of shitty results.

to be fair, they did get a little screwed per kenpom ratings, but they weren't even the lowest ranked kenpom team not to make the tournament...

that would be:

• OU #30
  • Wake Forest #37
  • Ok State #39
  • A&M #43
  • Utah St #44
  • Miss St #45

OU got some bumps in KenPom probably because they had one fo the hardest schedules at #4 overall - Wake had a SOS outside of the top 100 (109), OkSt had #7 hardest, and then A&M had #47 hardest. Ok State was bad on offense and fucking great on defense. OU really is the one who got boned if we look at it closely (but fuck OU)

i get it, it was unfortunate, but they finished at 500 in league play, they were 500 on the road, they beat up on georgia (2 wins vs a 1-17 UGA), Ole Miss (2 conf wins vs a 4-14 Ole Miss), split with 5-13 Mizzou and went 1-6 against the teams who finished ahead of them in conf (Auburn, UK, Tenn, Ark, LSU)

and their out of conference schedule was 310 of 358 teams.

this wasn't the greatest snub of all time - although if it was they would hang a banner for it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, NoName said:

to be fair, they did get a little screwed per kenpom ratings, but they weren't even the lowest ranked kenpom team not to make the tournament...

that would be:

• OU #30
  • Wake Forest #37
  • Ok State #39
  • A&M #43
  • Utah St #44
  • Miss St #45

OU got some bumps in KenPom probably because they had one fo the hardest schedules at #4 overall - Wake had a SOS outside of the top 100 (109), OkSt had #7 hardest, and then A&M had #47 hardest. Ok State was bad on offense and fucking great on defense. OU really is the one who got boned if we look at it closely (but fuck OU)

i get it, it was unfortunate, but they finished at 500 in league play, they were 500 on the road, they beat up on georgia (2 wins vs a 1-17 UGA), Ole Miss (2 conf wins vs a 4-14 Ole Miss), split with 5-13 Mizzou and went 1-6 against the teams who finished ahead of them in conf (Auburn, UK, Tenn, Ark, LSU)

this wasn't the greatest snub of all time - although if it was they would hang a banner for it.

Anyone want to tell them that if OU were already in the SEC Sankey would have them in the tournament?

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, NoName said:

that would be:

• OU #30
  • Wake Forest #37
  • Ok State #39
  • A&M #43
  • Utah St #44
  • Miss St #45

OK State was ineligible for postseason play, so they can be removed from your calculations.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

don't forget the result of that power play...a unanimous election to add Texas and OU

image.png.288bf17bd50fd29964da6599293119de.png

Imagine how much worse it would have been without all that financial resources and clout!

A&M, how do you vote?

With undreamed of financial resources and clout, we tamely vote aye. Thanks for letting us stay.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Guess that 8-game losing streak in conference didn't exactly impress the voters there, Buzz.

Or his out of conference schedule SOS:

ND #31 (stole Aggy spot)

Texas #32

Ou #40 (not in)

OKst #41 (not in)

TAMU #126 (greatest snub in history of mankind)

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other

Doesn't take 10 years to change an OOC basketball schedule Buzz - Look in the mirror 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

POS Rep for your avatar .. my personal favorite Longhorn football player of all time.

He went to my high school (Spring Branch). He graduated a couple years before me. He's a good dude.

For those that don't recognize my avatar, it's Chris Gilbert.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread