This is fine.

Incredulity

45 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm sure that this thread's creation on the day of the 1/6 hearings was totally a coincidence and not meant to draw any false equivalencies.

It must have been either passed around on facebook, or on Fox news.   Texags had the same thread created about the same time.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3212601

Also for a little more white light reading:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3213013

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

It must have been either passed around on facebook, or on Fox news.   Texags had the same thread created about the same time.

Classic @Incredulity to aggy up the board. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, YChang said:

I have no point, but I often question what shred of humanity still exits in the op. 

I believe this was mentioned by another poster within the last few days, but I think from having read some of the op's other posts on this board that he is mentally unwell and needs to receive some aid with what ails him. The absolute lack of humanity on display in his posts that I have read is disturbing and it saddens me to see it. He is supporting his "team" no matter what and this thread is a pretty sad example of that. I hope he gets the help he needs before he does something he cannot take back or harms himself further emotionally or even physically. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

I believe this was mentioned by another poster within the last few days, but I think from having read some of the op's other posts on this board that he is mentally unwell and needs to receive some aid with what ails him. The absolute lack of humanity on display in his posts that I have read is disturbing and it saddens me to see it. He is supporting his "team" no matter what and this thread is a pretty sad example of that. I hope he gets the help he needs before he does something he cannot take back or harms himself further emotionally or even physically. 

0001.gif

Your definition of, "humanity" is explaining away murders and violent crime.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

0001.gif

Nobody got murdered in your original example post.  If your definition of "violent crime" is someone assaulting/robbing a "former" elected official, what is your stance on people who assault, vandalize and steal from the nation's capitol, beating law enforcement officers and expressing a desire to kill actual current elected officials?  Is that "violent crime"?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

0001.gif

I did no such thing here. Just please go and get the help mentally that you are in need of. Stop with the deflections and take some time away from here until you can get your mind right. We've all been in a bad place mentally at some point and a few us here got the help we needed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Nobody got murdered in your original example post.  If your definition of "violent crime" is someone assaulting/robbing a "former" elected official, what is your stance on people who assault, vandalize and steal from the nation's capitol, beating law enforcement officers and expressing a desire to kill actual current elected officials?  Is that "violent crime"?

Well, it proves his point, because DC is run by libruls.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Violent crime never goes up when Republicans are in charge.

It's science.

In these games, Republicans are never in charge. Either we use the governor and senators if it's a blue state, or we use the mayor if it's a red state. Either way, we're gonna find the liberal responsible 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Tourism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Here's my thought. If you're afraid of the city, don't come to the city. Don't visit here, don't move here, and don't worry about what happens here. Just stay wherever the fuck it is you are and worry about what's going on there. This narrative about the decline of "our cities" is tired.

Oakland's sketchy. Water's wet. When in1st mixed to the Bay Area i remember a local in Jack London Square telling, "Oakland's not so bad, I only been mugged once!" Thats Oakland.
Yeah and go a few blocks and it's Berkeley.
Meh.

HPD in Houston literally murdering people and threatening murder didn't stop crime from happening back in the 80s when H Town was the murder capitol. Cities have lots of people and hence crime

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Yeah and go a few blocks and it's Berkeley.
Meh.

HPD in Houston literally murdering people and threatening murder didn't stop crime from happening back in the 80s when H Town was the murder capitol. Cities have lots of people and hence crime

I also find it interesting that the violent crime pearl clutchers always single out cities, not states.  Wonder why that is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_intentional_homicide_rate

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it proves his point, because DC is run by libruls.

I mean, my wife had had her phone stolen twice on the metro.  During the Trump Administration. 

The cops caught the perp both times, but cRiMe Is OuT Of CoNtRoL. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

El Paso, a liberal run, largely poor, 80+% hispanic city of over 700k had 23 murders in all of 2018, and 20 in all of 2017.

They had 22 in one day in 2019 when that white supremicist came to town. Thoughts @Incredulity?

The El Paso mass shooting was god awful.  

Not sure what that has to do with the rise in crime rates throughout the country.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

I mean, my wife had had her phone stolen twice on the metro.  During the Trump Administration. 

The cops caught the perp both times, but cRiMe Is OuT Of CoNtRoL. 

So do you blame Trump for the rampant rise in crime directed towards your wife, or do you credit him for providing swift and decisive justice?

Man, this is so hard!

2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

actually that was immortal...but their posts are of the same caliber, so the confusion is understandable. 

anyway, this reminds me of a few weeks ago, having lunch with some old colleagues (i'm retired) and talking about what we've been up to lately, dealing with covid, etc. 

i relayed that last spring i took up hiking as a way to get out of the house safely. so i started talking about all the city parks and greenbelts i'd been trapsing about in for the past year or so...the one very conservative/republican guy says has an increasingly horrified look on his face and finally says "aren't you afraid of running into a homeless out there?? getting attacked??"

to which i responded "haha no...but i DID run across a couple of guys getting it on in Bull Creek park once. you know, i always heard those rumors since way back in my college days, that Bull Creek was where all the 'straight' married men meet up during the week when they're supposed to be at work...so the wife and kids don't get suspicious! guess the rumors were right!'

i honestly felt a tiny bit bad after, as i was purposely going for shock value and based on the look on his face i think i scored 😄

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mchookem said:

the one very conservative/republican guy says has an increasingly horrified look on his face and finally says "aren't you afraid of running into a homeless out there?? getting attacked??"

It's part of the schtick. If you are an upstanding citizen, your default setting is supposed to be flee, avoid, flee again. Happiness can only be found deep in the (overbuilt) woods, or circling around an outer-ring generi-scape that might as well be College Station. Until such point as there are a few businesses that grow up nearby, and... those people... Then it's time to flee again.

Anyone who does not do the same starts ringing all the cognitive dissonance bells. How can SHE hike around the greenbelt when I make an extra-long commute from Blandorama to avoid it? Does she not recognize the terrors? All this fleeing I have done cannot have been in error.

• Hook 'Em 2

Tthe largest city in the US with a repub mayor is Jacksonville.  You know... the murder capital of Florida... THAT Jacksonville.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021/06/21/despite-overall-crime-rate-drop-in-florida-murders-and-assaults-went-up/

You've got all the solutions, repubs!  Great work!

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

At least you’re concerned about violence against elected officials after they leave office. This is progress!

At least you are concerned about citizens attacking federal buildings.

This is progress!

6 minutes ago, Yuk said:

Even though we libs *claim* to be in favor of crime, deep down we're really not as pro-crime as we claim to be.

It is because we depend on the nanny state for our crime. We lack the initiative to take a chance and set up our own successful crime rings.

18 minutes ago, Yuk said:

Even though we libs *claim* to be in favor of crime, deep down we're really not as pro-crime as we claim to be.

I've really been lacking in my support for crime, lately. It's time to pick myself up, get back out there and start shoplifting with some goddamned pride. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

At least you are concerned about citizens attacking federal buildings.

This is progress!

Still think Obama is the most divisive President of your lifetime, or has Sleepy Joe done enough already to take over the top spot?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Congressional hearings into Big Lie and the Insurrection....trumpkins...."look over here!!!"

Cunts

It's an extension of the Carl Sandburg principle:

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, pound the table."

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Crime is a problem. A century of being "tough on crime", drug wars, and incarcerating everyone (adjusting severity of punishment for skin tone) hasn't worked. Being compassionate,understanding, and light-handed doesn't seem to be doing the trick either. I think we're all open for ingenious suggestions.

It's neither.  

A more unified approach to social services, policing, housing, mental health, and when necessary, incarceration would be a start.  

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

It's an extension of the Carl Sandburg principle:

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, pound the table."

Didn't you used to be a football coach in Wichita Falls?

10 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Wow, I didn't think I could have less respect for aggy than after reading that, but I do. 

Great, they coming to our stadium every other year again.  

• Hook 'Em 1