Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

4 hours ago, Sejjr said:

It is hilarious that aggy dipshits like Playmaker and Daddy98 think they are “studying tape” when they watch Hudl highlights. 

There is some value to highlights.  IMHO the most valuable information is what you DON'T see in a collection of clips.  OL that you don't see getting out on screens and mauling a DB.  WRs that you don't see making catches against tight coverage or running crisp routes with sharp cuts.  LBs who make all their plays filling inside but you never see them in coverage.

When those are absent, there is usually a good reason for it.  Bastiat described this tendency in economists.  It applies to many other fields of endeavor.

There is only one difference between a bad economist and a good one: the bad economist confines himself to the visible effect; the good economist takes into account both the effect that can be seen and those effects that must be foreseen.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I haven't given it much thought, I guess, but have they already lost 3 guys from the 2018 class? Strong, Parker, and Moore. Are there any others already? I know Sternberger is gone, but that's different. What about the Tank dude? I thought he was rumored to be leaving too. Anyway, that's a minimum of 4 guys out of 23 who are gone early, 1 to the NFL and 3 to abject failure.

I'm betting that class ends up being a lot worse than it looks on paper. 

Strong, Parker, Moore, and Sternberger are already gone. Barton Clement is the long lost brother of Kardell Thomas. Max Wright doesn't have any knees. Vernon Jackson is playing RB when he's definitely a better fit at DE/LBer. Johnson and Prince were takes so they could keep Preston. Jeremiah Martin was apparently way undersized when he showed up on campus. 

Edited by texasstrong12

41 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm betting that class ends up being a lot worse than it looks on paper. 

The aggy 2018 class and our 2017 class will be interesting test cases. Herman came in and said he wouldn’t go star chasing in his transition class because they hadn’t had enough time to vet some of those guys, while Jimbo did the exact opposite. 

On 2/13/2019 at 7:52 PM, golfclap said:

I guess you should probably add Deneric Prince and Brian Johnson to the list as they were baked in attrition. They were the 2 Manvel kids that Aggie added to ensure that they'd land Preston. Although Johnson played a lot on STs and only has to beat out Roney Elam and/or Antonio Howard to nail down a spot on the 2-deep at Nickel. 

I also think you should pencil in Barton Clement because the guy can barely bend at all and can't run 5 yards at a time (no hyperbole) - just check the first few plays of the 3rd team offense in this vid :: 

digging through a&m practice videos to find third team offense drills of barton clement to own the libs.

although to be fair, he does look a bit rough here.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, golfclap said:

Aggy from 247 are ranking the players in their 2019 class - these are always good for a few choice quotes ... 

First we have "Playmaker" who fancies himself a scout 

He could be right about Cupp. The rest reads like a fan talking about their class, albeit with a couple of odd additions to his top 10. That was a good introduction before the next poster and Daddy98 truly descended into madness. Thanks @golfclap

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

swxg5a2s1nh21.gif

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

It's so great because of how terribly wrong you were while simultaneously exposing your deepest sports insecurities. It's almost like you've caused all of our good fortune since that night.*

*(Big 12 Championship Game excluded because that sucked)

I remember when we signed our 2017 class and satya melodramatically declared the Texas brand dead. lulz.

You went off on all this bullshit about how old current recruits were when VY played, A&M in the SEC, etc. One year later, we signed the #3 class in the nation, including landing 10 of the top 13 players in-state (not to mention we passed on one of the 3 we didn’t get because he could barely crack 5 seconds in the 40 as a safety). Two years later, we signed the #3 class in the nation once again and utilized the Texas brand all over the country in doing so.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I remember when we signed our 2017 class and satya melodramatically declared the Texas brand dead. lulz.

You went off on all this bullshit about how old current recruits were when VY played, A&M in the SEC, etc. One year later, we signed the #3 class in the nation, including landing 10 of the top 13 players in-state (not to mention we passed on one of the 3 we didn’t get because he could barely crack 5 seconds in the 40 as a safety). Two years later, we signed the #3 class in the nation once again and utilized the Texas brand all over the country in doing so.

The Texas brand is dead. Long live the Texas brand. 

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t know if you stated this somewhere or what, but I assume your handle on shaggy was UTLawnhorn? Not sure I spelled it right, but you get what I am saying. 

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know if you stated this somewhere or what, but I assume your handle on shaggy was UTLawnhorn? Not sure I spelled it right, but you get what I am saying. 

He's whichever poster who used "lulz" in every post 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Yep. Got rid of the email I signed up with and couldn’t remember the password so here we are.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

He's whichever poster who used "lulz" in every post 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Looks like the Aggy CBs are on the OL diet plan as well. This dude needed to added 30 pounds but there is no possible way that he added 30 pounds of muscle, so ... 

Probably ran a sub 5.00 40 and made the other DBs feel bad, so Jimbo is trying to defuse the situation

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...