Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

-To start, I've heard the lull in communication between A&M and North Forest OL Javonne Shepherd is over. A source in Houston tells me Shepherd has been hearing from the Aggies pretty regularly now and has even formed quite a strong bond with GA Lee Grimes. 

-Much of the focus in state will be on Shepherd, Kenyon Green, and Branson Bragg for the time being. However, the Ags have thrown out quite a few out of state offers. I've heard a pair of Pensacola (FL) big men have been really receptive. A source in the Sunshine State tells me Hunter Rayburn and Darius Washington are both highly interested in Jimbo Fisher's program. Jason had a report on Washington last week in which the kid admitted as much. Also, look for Connecticut OL Jack Stewart to surface in College Station soon. He's another I've heard has been giving off a good vibe in terms the Ags being in it for a while. 

-A Katy area source tells me A&M is keeping a close on Katy Taylor giant Andrew Coker. He's lost a good bit of weight through playing basketball and has been noticeably quicker and more explosive in the camp circuit. I'm not sure an offer is imminent, but he is a name to continue to monitor.

-In the 2020 class, A&M was the first school to offer 6-4, 325 pound Kendal Septs from Ft Bend Austin. He visited over the weekend and got the offer before leaving College Station. A coach in south Houston believes the Ags being he first team to offer will go a really long way in the end and that Septs will be a hot commodity in short order. He's built pretty similar to recent signee Tank Jenkins. 

-Oklahoma offered Chad Lindberg over the weekend, but my contacts continue to believe the Aggies remain at the top. The Sooners are also pushing commit Jordan Jefferson to visit. 

-Another 2020 name to watch is Josh Bankhead out of The Woodlands. He visited Texas last week.  

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Trying to position this Lee Grimes dude as their Carrington/Langi? Ssssshhhhh

So per The Aggy Information Ministry, there was a lull in communication between the Aggy staff and arguably their most important OL recruit, and now they're remedying the situation with a GA? Yeah, I don't think that's going to work...

I dunno, maybe have The Marine call Shepherd is a better strategy? If Shepherd isn't taking The Marine's calls,  if so we're sitting in the catbird's seat.

I always thought our biggest competition for Shepherd was OU. 

selling that SEC SEC SEC - Tyler Owens LB Plano East

Tyler Owens is a 6-foot-2, 202-pound hybrid defender who plays for Plano (Texas) East, a school that Texas A&M has become quite familiar with.

Owens, who posted a hand-held, 10.01-second 100-meter time (adjusted to a 10.34) and has a self-reported 4.41-second 40-yard dash, is a prospect who is starting to blow up on the recruiting trail. Most recently, he picked up an offer from Baylor, and the Bears join schools like Houston, Nebraska, UCLA, and Vanderbilt on his offer list.

Vanderbilt was his first SEC offer, and Owens admits a high interest in the conference.

"I would like to have some more SEC offers," Owens said. "That would be pretty cool. The SEC is pretty nice [with] schools like A&M. Alabama would be cool to have, [and] LSU."

Texas A&M is a school that has had recent success recruiting at Plano East, reeling in defensive end Landis Durham in the Class of 2015 and linebacker Anthony Hines in the Class of 2017. Owens likes the combination of the SEC with the in-state location that Texas A&M offers.

The Aggies have yet to offer, but if they show interest, they could make a big move on Owens' list.

"Really, if I were to have an SEC school, I would like to have Texas A&M, because Plano East alumni do well down there," Owens said. "It would be great to have a choice to stay close, because I like to have my dad and mom close for my games."

Ivy League school Brown also has extended an offer, as Owens is a solid student.

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Mond trying to run that offense would be an absolute train wreck similar to Jerrod Heard trying to run Watson's year 1 scheme.  

It'll be fun to watch their pro-style growing pains, and needing a QB with both Starkel's arm/pocket presence and Mond's scramble ability. 

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Mond trying to run that offense would be an absolute train wreck similar to Jerrod Heard trying to run Watson's year 1 scheme.  

Mond should consider a transfer after the summer unless Jimbo is actually planning on modernizing that offense. This could just be Jimbo experimenting with the lineups, or maybe Starkel is underperforming in practices. Who knows

On 3/26/2018 at 7:37 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

He still trying to make "the Station" work?  That don't make it sound anymore appealing Tim.  

At least “we’re gonna need you to come down to the staton” is a statement with which many aggy croots are familiar. 

• Like 1