Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

4-star OT Shepherd high on a few schools, has A&M visit planned

6_8191415.jpg(Photo: 247Sports)

Houston North Forest offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd has found himself a popular player among college coaches. The 6-foot-6, 319-pound four-star prospect has has pick of quite a few top programs from across the country.

However, Shepherd is beginning to narrow his list a bit. He has long been high on Texas A&M and a recent visit to Texas put the Longhorns in the conversation as well.

"Those two, I really like both of them," Shepherd said. "I don't want to say they're definitely my top two or anything but they're both up there for sure. Alabama is too.

"I really liked my Texas visit. I got to see a lot and experience a lot and I just had a good time and a good feeling there."

Shepherd will be back in Aggieland soon, though.

"I'm going to be at A&M again for the spring game [on April 14]," he said. "I talk to coach (Jim) Turner all the time. I like him a lot. I'm really close with him and I really like the staff and the whole program there."

However, the A&M trip is not the only one Shepherd has planned.

"I'm also going to the Texas spring game [on April 21]," he said. "I've also got a trip to Alabama this month. Those are all unofficial visits. I'll probably look at taking my official visits in the fall."

Whoever lands Shepherd will also have a very good shot to gain a commitment from another elite offensive lineman in five-star Atascocita tackle Kenyon Green.

"We still want to play together in college," Shepherd said. "That's what he plan to do. We talk about it all the time."

As for when he plans to make a decision, it won't be too far in the future.

"I want to have it done after the spring," he said. "I'm looking to commit in June.

On March 26, 2018 at 4:37 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

He still trying to make "the Station" work?  That don't make it sound anymore appealing Tim.  

I'd bet that he's at least looking into trademarking "The Station."

"Silent Assassin" - are they trying to pretend they have a Carrington type working for them too? 

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

This works on several levels....the best might be the welding mask kicked back, but still on, so he can watch. 

Looks like he breathes and maybe flinches to move the cinder block while the down stroke was a little off as well. Hope they could glue it back on.

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Aggy getting a visit from OT Jack Stewart. 
https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Stewart-46053232
HUDL is pretty funny because CT high school football. Wresting highlights are too short and limited to see if there's anything there ... 

He's also hitting Michigan and Baylor. 

Jimbo conceding Texas OL recruits like he did his wife?

32 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Aggy getting a visit from OT Jack Stewart. 
https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Stewart-46053232
HUDL is pretty funny because CT high school football. Wresting highlights are too short and limited to see if there's anything there ... 

He's also hitting Michigan and Baylor. 

The Marine probably lands this kid.  Low 3*.  Think Perroni put out a piece on this kid and he said he'd like to play in Texas and likes aggy.  On the way to the #1/#2 class with power moves like this.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Brian Perroni 61913 posts

just a few seconds agoVIP

On Thursday, Texas A&M played host to quite a few top targets in the team’s last practice before the long Easter weekend. One of those was Houston St. Pius quarterback Grant Gunnell.

The nation’s No. 53 overall prospect and one-time Aggie pledge had a chance to take in practice and also watch his brother, redshirt freshman walk-on receiver Will Gunnell.

“It went well,” the 6-foot-6, 222-pound passer said. “It was pretty much a normal visit. I got to watch my brother practice and that was cool. That was a big reason for being up there.”

Gunnell was able to spend time with offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Darrell Dickey, though.

“I talked to coach Dickey and hung out with him at practice too,” Gunnell said. “I have a good relationship with him so it was good to see how he coaches the players.

“I watched the quarterbacks a bit. Nick Starkel looked really good and Kellen Mond had some good throws too.”

As for if the visit changed where the Aggies stood, either in a positive or negative way, Gunnell says that was not necessarily the case.

“It was a good visit but I’ve been to A&M so much that I know it so well,” he said. “It’s a school I really like and I’m considering for sure.”

Gunnell has taken recent visits to Ohio State and Oregon and has a couple other trips lined up in the near future as well.

“I’m going out to Cal for an unofficial visit [on April 14],” he said. “The other trip I have scheduled right now is an official to Arizona on April 21. (Former A&M offensive coordinator Noel) Mazzone is out there and I am going to visit there

8 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

There was exactly one reason I used to look up when a Whitesnake video came on the TV.

Motley Crue had a video to the song "Without You" and the woman in that video was a senior at my high school when I was a freshman. I had a speech class with her. She was famous and fine and ultimately super nice. She had a Tawny Ketaen kind of thing going on. /csb