Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

As Texas A&M wrapped up its first week of spring practice on Saturday, the Aggies played host to several top recruits. One of those was Fort Worth Southwest wide receiver Nnamdi Adim-Madumere.

"It went really well," the 6-foot-3, 226-pound junior said on Saturday evening. "They definitely helped themselves today. I love it every time I'm there."

Adim-Madumere has previously been to practices at Texas Tech and TCU but this was the first time for him to do so in Aggieland."I liked how it was hands on and just the tempo of the practice and how everything was going along," he said. "I watched the receivers really closely. I liked how physical they were and how they were running their routes and the different concepts that they were running."

Adim-Madumere had a chance to spend time with receivers coach Dameyune Craig as well as head coach Jimbo Fisher.

"I talked to coach Craig a lot," he said. "We were in a meeting - I sat in on a meeting and listened to everything they were talking about. Then I talked to him afterward. He was talking to me about how he wanted me to be there and how I fit in with the schemes and everything. They want me to play outside.

"I also talked to coach Fisher as well and he was saying good things. It was basically the same thing, how he wanted me there."

Adim-Madumere says he didn't feel pressured to make a decision but that the coaches definitely let him know they would be okay if he did so.

"Yeah, they were messing with me about it," he said, laughing. "I'm not ready to make a commitment anywhere just yet."

The Aggies will get Adim-Madumere back on campus a couple more times in the near future.

"I'm supposed to be going back to A&M two more times during April," he said. "I think it's the 9th and the 14th, which is the spring game. They are just going to be unofficial visits."

Would love to know what their WR board looks like ... 

Edited by golfclap

Sorry fuckers, can we still say that here?

A few quick-hitters from our brief time on the field today watching practice #4 in shorts and shells...

* Quite a few recruits were in attendance and Ryan Brauninger has already put out notes with the names here: https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2941681

* Other special guests: R.C. Slocum, former A&M player and current Regent Cliff Thomas, Pro Day (Tuesday) attendees Christian Kirk, Damion Ratley and Shane Tripucka, and Super Bowl XXX MVP Larry Brown (with his son and '19 A&M WR commit Kam Brown).

* Got to see quite a bit of head-knocking today during Oklahoma Drill action. Enjoy...

From this drill, and only part of it was captured on video, I would say that Cam Buckley, Donovan Wilson, Derrick Tucker, Jhamon Ausbon and Roshauud Paul showed the most physicality and effort/aggression during this drill.

* I love watching these coaches coach. From Jimbo Fisher on down to the GAs, these guys are intense and waste absolutely no seconds during practice in trying to teach, train and get the most out of their players. They sprint between every drill and are energetically yelling/coaching the entire time. Even the coaches are sprinting. It's not a jog...it's a sprint from one field to the other or one side of the field to the other. These guys know that they have a limited about of time in every practice and just 15 practices to implement the groundwork and basis for the culture that they're trying to establish.

* The first-team offense looks the same as it has all week, for the most part. We didn't see them run but one play with the 1s and one play with the 2s but here is what the first team offense looked like today...

QB: Starkel
RB: Williams
WRs: Ausbon, Buckley, Rogers
TE: Sternberger
LT: Martin
LG: Sutherland
C: McCoy
RG: Hocker
RT: Green

* With missing two practices in LA, I asked Jake Hubenak and Hubes confirmed that Starkel has been exclusively with the first team through the first week of spring ball. It'll be interesting to see how long before Kellen Mond gets a first team look during the media-allowed portion of practice. Not to say that Mond or Blumrick haven't gotten first team reps but we can only report on what we see. And when we've been out there, it's been Starkel the whole time.

* Speaking of Blumrick...during the one play that we saw of third team action, Blumrick slowly trotted to the goal line on an end-around play and Jimbo jumped all over him and demanded that he sprint. And not sprint next time...sprint right then and there in front of the entire offense. Good stuff. Every play matters with Jimbo.

* I walked to Cullen Gillaspia's dad and he said that #12 is absolutely loving his time at fullback. He confirmed that Cullen has leaned up and dropped a few pounds and is fired up for his new opportunity on the offensive side of the ball. He's a very gifted athlete and a natural pass catcher out in the flat.

* During a quick special teams period, Daniel LaCamera was bombing 50-yard field goals with ease. He's coming off of a great season and seems to be operating with a supreme amount of confidence out there.

* On Tuesday, I watched a lot of the offense and looked for players that looks like they've taken big strides with their body. Today, I looked for guys on defense that stood out to me today as appearing to be in tremendous shape...

- S Donovan Wilson ... bigger and very explosive and intense out there.

- S Derrick Tucker ... seems to have put on a few really good pounds and looks the part of a high-level SEC safety.

- LB Buddy Johnson ... great size for that Rover position and looks incredible with outstanding speed. He was leading the Rovers along with Ikenna Okeke.

- DE Micheal Clemons ... not nearly as skinny as he was when he arrived last summer. No longer looks like a basketball player.

- LB Anthony Hines ... has put on nice weight but in no way has it slowed him down. He dominated a bend and burst edge drill at two different stations and had the assistant at each station praising and telling other players, "How Anthony does it ... that's how you do it!" Hines has been working with the MLBs and WLBs along with Tyrel Dodson and Otaro Alaka.

* Finally, while Jimbo is paying very close attention to the QB position, I love how he walks around and gets his eyes on various positions all over the field. He spent a seven-minute period exclusively with defenders and special teams offensive players on the bend and burst drill and was right in there with the players and his assistants offering coaching and praising those who did it well.

The Aggies have the day off tomorrow and will go Monday, Wednesday and Thursday next week before taking off the weekend for Easter.
Edited by Lobwedgephil

It’s good to be back among the same assholes. 

Aggy related. Some have started to realize Hamm’s sources are high school recruits or Aggy commits and he doesn’t know shit. Yet they still believe Jimbo is getting the #1 or #2 class. Because he said so...

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m going to be impressed if that O-Line doesn’t get Starkel hurt again. 

Koda Martin back to starting LT? Yeah......

And Jared Hocker at RG.  Arriving at aggy via decommit from bdf Texas Tech.

I'm surprised Lanfear isn't with the 1's, he was a starter all last year.

31 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Sorry fuckers, can we still say that here?

No vulgarity on this site. No fucking nudity, either. Just clean living and pleasant camaraderie.

A few quick-hitters from our brief time on the field today watching practice #4 in shorts and shells...

* Quite a few recruits were in attendance and Ryan Brauninger has already put out notes with the names here: https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2941681

* Other special guests: R.C. Slocum, former A&M player and current Regent Cliff Thomas, Pro Day (Tuesday) attendees Christian Kirk, Damion Ratley and Shane Tripucka, and Super Bowl XXX MVP Larry Brown (with his son and '19 A&M WR commit Kam Brown).

* Got to see quite a bit of head-knocking today during Oklahoma Drill action. Enjoy...

From this drill, and only part of it was captured on video, I would say that Cam Buckley, Donovan Wilson, Derrick Tucker, Jhamon Ausbon and Roshauud Paul showed the most physicality and effort/aggression during this drill.

* I love watching these coaches coach. From Jimbo Fisher on down to the GAs, these guys are intense and waste absolutely no seconds during practice in trying to teach, train and get the most out of their players. They sprint between every drill and are energetically yelling/coaching the entire time. Even the coaches are sprinting. It's not a jog...it's a sprint from one field to the other or one side of the field to the other. These guys know that they have a limited about of time in every practice and just 15 practices to implement the groundwork and basis for the culture that they're trying to establish.

* The first-team offense looks the same as it has all week, for the most part. We didn't see them run but one play with the 1s and one play with the 2s but here is what the first team offense looked like today...

QB: Starkel
RB: Williams
WRs: Ausbon, Buckley, Rogers
TE: Sternberger
LT: Martin
LG: Sutherland
C: McCoy
RG: Hocker
RT: Green

* With missing two practices in LA, I asked Jake Hubenak and Hubes confirmed that Starkel has been exclusively with the first team through the first week of spring ball. It'll be interesting to see how long before Kellen Mond gets a first team look during the media-allowed portion of practice. Not to say that Mond or Blumrick haven't gotten first team reps but we can only report on what we see. And when we've been out there, it's been Starkel the whole time.

* Speaking of Blumrick...during the one play that we saw of third team action, Blumrick slowly trotted to the goal line on an end-around play and Jimbo jumped all over him and demanded that he sprint. And not sprint next time...sprint right then and there in front of the entire offense. Good stuff. Every play matters with Jimbo.

* I walked to Cullen Gillaspia's dad and he said that #12 is absolutely loving his time at fullback. He confirmed that Cullen has leaned up and dropped a few pounds and is fired up for his new opportunity on the offensive side of the ball. He's a very gifted athlete and a natural pass catcher out in the flat.

* During a quick special teams period, Daniel LaCamera was bombing 50-yard field goals with ease. He's coming off of a great season and seems to be operating with a supreme amount of confidence out there.

* On Tuesday, I watched a lot of the offense and looked for players that looks like they've taken big strides with their body. Today, I looked for guys on defense that stood out to me today as appearing to be in tremendous shape...

- S Donovan Wilson ... bigger and very explosive and intense out there.

- S Derrick Tucker ... seems to have put on a few really good pounds and looks the part of a high-level SEC safety.

- LB Buddy Johnson ... great size for that Rover position and looks incredible with outstanding speed. He was leading the Rovers along with Ikenna Okeke.

- DE Micheal Clemons ... not nearly as skinny as he was when he arrived last summer. No longer looks like a basketball player.

- LB Anthony Hines ... has put on nice weight but in no way has it slowed him down. He dominated a bend and burst edge drill at two different stations and had the assistant at each station praising and telling other players, "How Anthony does it ... that's how you do it!" Hines has been working with the MLBs and WLBs along with Tyrel Dodson and Otaro Alaka.

* Finally, while Jimbo is paying very close attention to the QB position, I love how he walks around and gets his eyes on various positions all over the field. He spent a seven-minute period exclusively with defenders and special teams offensive players on the bend and burst drill and was right in there with the players and his assistants offering coaching and praising those who did it well.

The Aggies have the day off tomorrow and will go Monday, Wednesday and Thursday next week before taking off the weekend for Easter.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s good to be back among the same assholes. 

Aggy related. Some have started to realize Hamm’s sources are high school recruits or Aggy commits and he doesn’t know shit. Yet they still believe Jimbo is getting the #1 or #2 class. Because he said so...

You think Jimbo would do that?  Just go out there and lie about success?  What do you think he is, some kind of aggy?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m going to be impressed if that O-Line doesn’t get Starkel hurt again. 

Koda Martin back to starting LT? Yeah......

Going to be fun when Jimbo gets the Mond transfer, Starkel injured, start a true freshman for his transition year.

Sumlin was sent a gift from the Gods in his first year, and they still managed to piss it away in short order.

I thought it prudent to keep tracking this prediction from Perroni. I have updated it. 

Texas A&M closed out the class of 2018 incredibly strong and the new staff has also started the class of 2019 off with a bang as well. The Aggies currently sit at No. 4 in the team rankings and have a very real shot to finish with their best class ever.

Here is a very early look at a realistic potential class. Not all these players will end up as Aggies but A&M has the potential to land each and every one of them.

Also, there are names not on the list that will likely become serious targets. Jimbo Fisher and Co. will go across the nation looking for talent but those names are not on this list yet. Two positions that is likely to happen at are linebacker and offensive guard.

QB Grant Gunnell, Houston St. Pius: The first commit in the class, Gunnell is still taking other visits and there is definitely cause for concern. If he does not end up in the class, Fisher and Co. will look to find another player at the position relatively quickly to get it shored up.  DECOMMITED

RB Isaiah Spiller, Klein Collins: A current Oklahoma pledge, Spiller is an Aggie legacy and spent this past Sunday in College Station. The four-star is a legitimate candidate to flip from the Sooners.

WR Kam Brown, Colleyville Heritage: A&M got its speed receiver for the class in the former UCLA commit as the four-star pledged to the Aggies over the weekend.

WR Chase Lane, Houston St. Pius: Lane has very good speed for the slot. He committed at the same time as Gunnell and the two are teammates and very good friends. He will likely end up with Gunnell if the QB does go elsewhere. Aggy Commit

WR Theo Wease, Allen: The nation’s No. 29 overall prospect did not have an offer from the previous staff but that has quickly changed. The one-time OU commit is very high on A&M. Trending OU

WR Arjei Henderson, Fort Bend Travis: Henderson and Wease want to play together in college. They previously committed to the Sooners together at the same time. The numbers are going to get interesting at receiver with so many good ones in the state. Trending OU

TE/H Elijah Higgins, Austin Bowie: The 6-3/215 four-star prospect is a high school receiver that some project to be a tight end. He has serious speed for his size and an offer list to back it up. He left A&M this past weekend with the Aggies in good shape. Higgins will likely see his ranking go up as other services adjust theirs. Trending Texas

TE/H Nnamdi Adim-Madumere, Fort Worth Southwest: Another high school receiver, expect the 6-3/225 junior to see his offer list increase a ton this spring and to likely shoot up the rankings as well. A&M was his first Power Five offer and I have a CB in on him to the Aggies.

OT Kenyon Green, Atasocita: The state’s top-ranked player, the Aggies are in very good shape with the five-star tackle. He publicly named A&M his leader and it is going to take a lot of work by another school to keep him from being an Aggie.

OT Javonne Shepherd, Houston North Forest: The 6-7/305 junior looks the part of a future NFL left tackle. He and Green want to play together at the next level and A&M has done a very good job with him. Shepherd is another I expect to shoot up the rankings once more people see him in person.

DE Braedon Mowry, Katy Taylor: It looks like an A&M/OU battle for Mowry with the Aggie in very good shape. A&M has built a pipeline with Katy Taylor and the four-star DE looks likely to be the next to head to College Station.

DE Marcus Stripling, Katy Mayde Creek: The 6-2.5/260 defender was blown away by the new staff in Aggieland. He was already really high on A&M and is in College Station frequently to see friends. It is likely an A&M/OU battle but the Aggies are positioned well.

DT DeMarvin Leal, Converse Judson: Leal is another player I expect will see his ranking continue to rise as people actually see him in person. He is incredibly disruptive on the line and has a chance to finish in the discussions as the state’s top player. He is a relatively quiet kid but has long been high on A&M.

DT Josh Ellison, A&M Consolidated: As long as he gets his academics in order, the local four-star prospect is going to see his offer list increase even more. He is high on both A&M and TCU early but he very well could stay in town to play his college ball. Aggy Commit

DE/LB NaNa Osafo-Mensah, Fort Worth Nolan: A&M has a battle on its hands but Osafo-Mensah is the state’s top edge rusher and a big priority target for the Aggies. He was in College Station this past weekend.

LB Marcel Brooks, Flower Mound Marcus: The fast and hard-hitting linebacker has never shown much interest in A&M but the new staff changed that. He will be in College Station on Saturday with the Fast 7v7 team and his reaction will be interesting. He’s the top pure linebacker in the state by far but the Aggies have work to do to catch up. Off Field Trending

CB Bobby Wolfe, Houston Madison: A&M beat out numerous other teams for the 6-3/190 four-star prospect when he committed this past Sunday. Wolfe is an incredibly physical corner. DECOMMITED

CB Marquez Beason, Dallas Bishop Dunne: There was thought that the national top 100 prospect could have possibly shut things down last weekend. That did not happen but I could still see it happening in the near future. Illinois Commit

CB Erick Young, Fort Bend Bush: Young and Wolfe are best friends and have long said they want to play together in college. The 6-1/195 four-star is a big-time A&M target and many expect he will be an Aggie as well.

CB Jeffery Carter, Aledo: This one is going to be a battle but the Aggie built some serious momentum by having him on campus each of the past two weekends. The former Oklahoma commit is close with Adim-Madumere and the two could very well end up together. Carter also plays on the same 7-on-7 team as several other players on this list.

S Brian Williams, Dallas Bishop Dunne: The five-star defender has already committed to A&M and has become a vocal leader in the class. Landing him a couple weeks back was huge for the Aggies.

S Demani Richardson, Waxahachie: The 6-2/205 defender loves to hit and does a great job in coverage. There was a ton of buzz out of College Station this past weekend and he was one of the players that came away very impressed. Trending towards Decommit

K Caden Davis, Coppell: If not the country’s top kicker for the class, he’s very close. Davis committed to the previous staff and wants to be an Aggie, so he will be if the new staff decides to still take a kicker. More will likely be clear once a special teams coach is named and a kicking coach hired. Aggy Commit: Looking Around

This class of 23 prospects would be incredibly loaded. Several of them are likely to see huge jumps in their current rankings as well.

Even before those players see their rankings rise, the 23 players listed would give A&M a team total of 301.24 with the current rankings. That would have finished No. 3 this year, No. 4 in 2017 and No. 2 in 2016.

Other players considered for inclusion:

WR Jordan Whittington, Cuero: Will A&M have room for that many receivers? Can the Aggies supplant Texas as the perceived current leader? Whittington is very, very good player and will be interesting to follow. Texas Commit

WR Jalen Curry, Houston St. Pius: Curry is a teammate of Gunnell and Lane and was also a Florida State commitment under Fisher. The receiver numbers are going to play a big role here as well.

TE Austin Stogner, Plano Prestonwood: A current OU commit, Stogner was high on both A&M and FSU when he committed to the Sooners. He is going to give the Aggies a long look and is also close friends with Gunnell. OU Commit

OL Branson Bragg, Crandall: The lone in-state interior lineman with an A&M offer, Bragg admits to growing up a big fan of Texas. He could be an in-state battle.

OL EJ Ndoma-Ogar, Allen: The four-star offensive guard has not received an A&M offer at this point but he is the type of player the Aggies have gone after on the interior recently.

DE T'Vondre Sweat, Huntsville: From an hour down the road, Sweat says he grew up a big A&M fan. He was also visited by Fisher and several other Aggie coaches. He was once close to committing but has slowed things down a bit. Texas Commit

OT Tyler Johnson, Conroe Oak Ridge: The national top 100 prospect has a top three of A&M, OU and Texas. He has always seemingly liked the Longhorns, though, and was not at the Super Bowl event over the weekend.

CB Marcus Banks, Spring Dekaney: Banks has been on campus numerous times and A&M is one team he always mentions. The numbers at corner could get interesting as well, though.

This should be fun

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hotnickels said:

It's looking like they might land 3 of those kids........LOL

Even if they land 9 out of the top 10 that will just mean that Jimbo matched what Herman did last year.  Good for him....if he does it.

1 minute ago, deech said:

Even if they land 9 out of the top 10 that will just mean that Jimbo matched what Herman did last year.  Good for him....if he does it.

Jimbo needs to beat out OU for several of these recruits. And LSU for some. Texas can get all they want and still have plenty for A&M, especially at some positions with deep talent pool in the state.