Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

11 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

... and an NIT basketball championship. 

I distinctly remember posters on Texags stating as fact that the NIT championship was so important because the winner got an automatic berth into the real tournament the following year.  1 or 2 posters put it out there, and the other dumbshits that post on their basketball board accepted it as fact until a couple of other people gave them the sad reality.  It was like a day or two before someone corrected them.

3 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

I distinctly remember posters on Texags stating as fact that the NIT championship was so important because the winner got an automatic berth into the real tournament the following year.  1 or 2 posters put it out there, and the other dumbshits that post on their basketball board accepted it as fact until a couple of other people gave them the sad reality.  It was like a day or two before someone corrected them.

Some random TexAgs poster must be a huge Europa League fan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Discounting the Vol homers, is Graham actually any good? Getting Spiller to go aggy wasn't exactly the sales job of a lifetime.

He's one of the best coaches on their staff. 

Just see what Trayveon Williams did this year. FSU always had good RBs too. There's a reason Graham was one of the few coaches Fisher brought with him from FSU. 

He also has a good recruiting rep. Losing both Graham and Brewster would be significant blows. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Just see what Trayveon Williams did this year. FSU always had good RBs too. There's a reason Graham was one of the few coaches Fisher brought with him from FSU. 

He also has a good recruiting rep. Losing both Graham and Brewster would be significant blows. 

Sweet. Thanks.

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

He also has a good recruiting rep. Losing both Graham and Fisher would be significant blows. 

"Don't care, got Jimbo.  Whoever he brings in will be an upgrade."

• Like 1

If Graham does bolt that would mean 2 out of 3 coaches that Fisher brought with him from FSU are already gone. It's not like UNC (Brewster) and Tennessee (Graham) are huge upgrades. 

I think Craig would be the only assistant remaining from Fisher's FSU staff and he was only an offensive analyst for a year there. 

Makes you wonder if the rumors are true about it being no fun to work for Fisher. Or maybe they just smell the stench of A&M. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

If Graham does bolt that would mean 2 out of 3 coaches that Fisher brought with him from FSU are already gone. It's not like UNC (Brewster) and Tennessee (Graham) are huge upgrades. 

I think Craig would be the only assistant remaining from Fisher's FSU staff and he was only an offensive analyst for a year there. 

Makes you wonder if the rumors are true about it being no fun to work for Fisher. Or maybe they just smell the stench of A&M. 

If hes jerking kids around by the facemask on national tv and acting like a little man asshole, what do you think its like behind closed doors, without cameras? Its a much, much smaller percentage of shitpile men that will assault their significant others in public vs. in private.

Its Fisher. 

• Like 1

I posted on this when Brewster left, but the payoff for working with Fisher is financial only. He’s like Saban without the sense of coaching brotherhood, and dynastic domination over the sport. Fisher’s not going to teach his assistants a lot, he’s going to work them to the nub, and he’s not going to offer much praise in the process or allow them much of a look at the limelight when they experience program success.

In short, he’s like a small businessman that watches every penny and expects the same commitment to his business from his employees that he expects of himself without offering any of the comparable payoff. And he’s going to push folks towards petty fraud in order to beat his competition down the street. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

If it were just a problem of working with Jimbo, why would the 3 of them have followed him to aggy in the first place?  Dameyune Craig spent 4 years at FSU but I haven't seen any report of him leaving aggy.  Brewster was at FSU for 5 years, as was Graham.  Obviously working for Jimbo and being in Tallahassee were tolerable for those 2.  The only change at the margin was aggy and they both ran as fast as possible.  Taking lateral moves after year 1 is not a good look for aggy.

dysfunctiondemotivator_grande.jpeg?v=140

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

If Auburn ever makes a move away from Malzahn, there's a decent chance the next guy hires Craig. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if at some point Saban hires Craig in an attempt to cripple Jimbo. 

Just now, South Austin said:

Is there really a perception outside of the aggy mind that Nick Saban feels a significant threat from Jimbo Fisher over any other SEC coach? 

Define significant. A&M is probably their biggest threat going forward within his division, and it's not like Craig is a shitty coach. I'm not looking to turn this into a debate about how much of a threat A&M is to Bama, but I do think Saban likes to fuck with his divisional rivals when the opportunities present themselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Is there really a perception outside of the aggy mind that Nick Saban feels a significant threat from Jimbo Fisher over any other SEC coach?  

Certainly, if you're Saban, you think Jimbo is more of a threat that Moorhead or Matt Luke or Chad Morris.  And more of a threat from a coaching perspective than Orgeron, although Org has more built-in advantages at LSU than aggy has.  He definitely wouldn't view Jimbo as a bigger threat than Kirby Smart, though.  And I doubt he views him as a bigger threat than Malzahn, who Saban has tried (not always successfully) to neuter at every turn.

Just now, South Austin said:

What's his track record for that in terms of coaching hires?  Has he really poached coaches from LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, etc.?

Not sure, feel free to do the research on that, but whenever he has recruits who are more or less in the same ballpark in terms of qualify, he'll take the one who'll hurt his divisional rivals over ones who won't. He plays upside down 7D underwater backgammon. 

22 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

If it were just a problem of working with Jimbo, why would the 3 of them have followed him to aggy in the first place?  Dameyune Craig spent 4 years at FSU but I haven't seen any report of him leaving aggy.  Brewster was at FSU for 5 years, as was Graham.  Obviously working for Jimbo and being in Tallahassee were tolerable for those 2.  The only change at the margin was aggy and they both ran as fast as possible.  Taking lateral moves after year 1 is not a good look for aggy.

I have no clue on the Graham side of things. I can say that on the Brewster side of things, he went through a lot of effort to shop himself around to anywhere but BCS with Fisher. Fisher ended up offering him more money than what was on the table from others interested. Herman and Riley both allegedly decided they didn't want him. The second Brown offered him a shot, he bolted.

I'd be interested in understanding the situation financially for Brewster at both ATM and UNC. There's public info about why Brewster loves Chapel Hill, and that's all true. He also likes recruiting under Mack Brown, who he still believes is the best in the business when he's energized. The stuff that wouldn't be discussed publicly I referenced above and at the time of his departure from ATM. It's not just BCS. Fisher isn't a good guy to work for if you have choices. 

The issue for many other staffs with Craig is that he defaults to dirty and he's as likely to get you in trouble, even in this day and age, as not. His options aren't as numerous as other guys who can recruit cleanly when asked to do so.

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have no clue on the Graham side of things. I can say that on the Brewster side of things, he went through a lot of effort to shop himself around to anywhere but BCS with Fisher. Fisher ended up offering him more money than what was on the table from others interested. Herman and Riley both allegedly decided they didn't want him. The second Brown offered him a shot, he bolted.

i'm worried about you.

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

I'd argue that you're failing to take into account the different culture existing at FSU 5 years ago, towards the end of Fisher's tenure, and then the move to college station. I imagine the years under Fisher with Winston, being on top of the college football world, winning a national title and being beloved in Tallahassee, FL with a weak ACC made for a much easier work environment under Fisher than during the last year or two. Most job environments are easier when the company is doing great. The last couple years, much less so I would wager. But then you're out of a job and the best option you have at the moment is to go along with Fisher and receive a substantial pay raise to work in a shithole, but well, there are worse things. Then you get there are realize all the worse characteristics about your shithole, hillbilly Napoleon boss have been magnified because he's ice skating uphill in a competitive SEC landscape in football and recruiting, and success is much harder to come by than the down ACC where he thrived, except now he has to build something on his own from behind. And shit, before he couldn't even maintain what he had built. 

I think it's pretty reasonable for guys who've worked with him to move over for a year or two, take a big pay raise and test the waters and THEN survey the landscape in BCS and away run faster than Candi to a 20 year old's cock. I dont think it is entirely college station. Especially for an asshole with a giant ego who's decided he now has to prove he's the best ever. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2