Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Found it. 

It was Jeff Tarpley, not Lucci

They're getting paid at the top of their profession for the most part so there's no real reason to make a lateral move.

The OC isn't going to go anywhere unless he wants to be a head coach or call his own plays again.

The DC is getting paid too much to even take a non P5 head coaching job.

Some of the position coaches might leave to become coordinators elsewhere but their units are going to have to get better (Linguist is the main guy here)

• Like 1

They can spin turners move as not lateral because nfl, if they’re willing to entertain the idea that the nfl is better than the sec. 

but there’s no way to spin brew to unc for less money or graham to Tennessee even if for more money. 

How thin can they spread Craig and still have him be effective?  If it was all about dropping off lunch sacks full of cash, there’d be no need to pay top dollar for assistant coaching recruiting rainmakers. 

There must be some sort of trust building for guys like Craig and lupoi before the cash flows. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They can spin turners move as not lateral because nfl, if they’re willing to entertain the idea that the nfl is better than the sec. 

but there’s no way to spin brew to unc for less money or graham to Tennessee even if for more money.

aggy can spin.  It's one of the few things they do well.  That said, getting outbid by Rocky Top goes very poorly with their tycoons of the SEC narrative.

3 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

aggy can spin.  It's one of the few things they do well.  That said, getting outbid by Rocky Top goes very poorly with their tycoons of the SEC narrative.

Rocky Top is now paying hand over fist for assistants. I need to double check, but I think they're in the top 3 in the sec assistant salary pool rankings. They got Chaney from Georgia because of a 3 yr/$4.8 million deal.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd argue that you're failing to take into account the different culture existing at FSU 5 years ago, towards the end of Fisher's tenure, and then the move to college station. I imagine the years under Fisher with Winston, being on top of the college football world, winning a national title and being beloved in Tallahassee, FL with a weak ACC made for a much easier work environment under Fisher than during the last year or two. Most job environments are easier when the company is doing great. The last couple years, much less so I would wager. But then you're out of a job and the best option you have at the moment is to go along with Fisher and receive a substantial pay raise to work in a shithole, but well, there are worse things. Then you get there are realize all the worse characteristics about your shithole, hillbilly Napoleon boss have been magnified because he's ice skating uphill in a competitive SEC landscape in football and recruiting, and success is much harder to come by than the down ACC where he thrived, except now he has to build something on his own from behind. And shit, before he couldn't even maintain what he had built. 

I think it's pretty reasonable for guys who've worked with him to move over for a year or two, take a big pay raise and test the waters and THEN survey the landscape in BCS and away run faster than Candi to a 20 year old's cock. I dont think it is entirely college station. Especially for an asshole with a giant ego who's decided he now has to prove he's the best ever. 

"...an asshole with a giant ego.... "    Now, I've heard everything!

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Discounting the Vol homers, is Graham actually any good? Getting Spiller to go aggy wasn't exactly the sales job of a lifetime.

If he recruited and coached Marcus Lattimore, then I would say yes. He also did a good job with Williams last season. Lattimore was an absolute monster top overall pick talent before his devastating knee injuries. 

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

But then you're out of a job and the best option you have at the moment is to go along with Fisher and receive a substantial pay raise to work in a shithole, but well, there are worse things.

these guys are football coaches, too-- they could just as easily have ended up snapping towels at fat fifth graders or trying to get the goth kids to stop smoking and pretend to do pushups as coaching in college. 

I know it's become chic for athletes and coaches to pretend to have some level of sophistication to match their money (hey guys hey guys check it out LeBron James drinks wine! So does Bob Stoops!), but 95% of these guys don't see a problem with College Station because it's got 4,000 sq ft houses with pools and there's an Applebee's in town.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'd be interested in understanding the situation financially for Brewster at both ATM and UNC. There's public info about why Brewster loves Chapel Hill, and that's all true. He also likes recruiting under Mack Brown, who he still believes is the best in the business when he's energized. The stuff that wouldn't be discussed publicly I referenced above and at the time of his departure from ATM. It's not just BCS. Fisher isn't a good guy to work for if you have choices. 

North Carolina's TRSER has no salary cap as far as I can tell. If he gets his 4 highest paid years average up over $400K+ from whatever it was in the 90s plus gets the multiplier moved from 7-8 years to 12-15 years. That is a lot more money in retirement. He'd also get full medical in retirement that way as the system covers the B part.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Talked to one of my coworkers yesterday who is a die hard ag. Talked about how they were number two in the $EC west in recruiting. He ranted on about all the head to head battles they were winning now versus Bama and other schools. When I mentioned class size and grey shirting, he went back to how they finished second in the $EC west, like he didn't hear a thing I said.

26 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Talked to one of my coworkers yesterday who is a die hard ag. Talked about how they were number two in the $EC west in recruiting. He ranted on about all the head to head battles they were winning now versus Bama and other schools. When I mentioned class size and grey shirting, he went back to how they finished second in the $EC west, like he didn't hear a thing I said.

What did you say?`

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

It's hilarious that they don't even have a basic understanding of why espn paid Texas for the Longhorn Network. These posts are yet another low in the history of aggy stupidity. 

Actually those last few posts are dangerously close to self awareness. The SEC at this point is a far bigger horse for ESPN to ride than Texas. Texas getting good again is found money for them, but they don't have a Pawl Finebaum of Texas that they trot out in every circumstance imaginable to advance some narrative. LHN was a pilot for the regional networks, and for all of the boogey men that aggy keeps chasing with regards to TV revenue, they will forever have to deal with the fact that aggy passed on the lone star network idea that would have been a collaboration of Texas and aggy athletics, sealing their own fates and cutting themselves off from revenue. Now they act like being a part of the SEC network is some sort of major win when in reality it is a consolation prize from a revenue perspective. 

• Like 4

Aggy from 247 are ranking the players in their 2019 class - these are always good for a few choice quotes ... 

First we have "Playmaker" who fancies himself a scout 

1.) Baylor Cupp - best TE prospect in the country. legit 4.60 speed at 6'5 235 lbs. physical. focused. only injuries can slow is journey to 1st round of NFL draft. has ability to play in line and as a WR. Closest thing I've seen to a young gronk. BIG, agile, Physical, fast, natural hands. 
2.) Kenyon Green - at this point in time he is the best pass blocker in the country. Yes, he is only 6'4. yes, he has a big belly. but the footwork and agility and quickness into his pass pro sets are worthy of the first round of the NFL draft. let him transform his body and you will see even more athleticism and raw power. he is the most advanced tackle prospect in america on the football field at this time. 
3.) Demarvin Leal - huge man with Ty Warren skillset. Can play off the edge or off the center. rare combination in a 6'4 300 lb package. not a true DE, probably a better player in the interior. 
4.) Chris Russell - i just had to get this kid in the top 5. i think once hes focused full time on being a LB...the sky is the limit. he shows BIGTIME speed at times. Most don’t know but he had 11.1 100m at his regional meet as a junior. I believe that was a verified time. he spent more time at RB than LB in high school and was a damn agile and natural RB. i dont think hes as fast as devin white, but hes not far behind. i think his best ball is ahead of him and his best ball will be damn good ball. 
5.) Erick Young - quiet prospect. underrrated in terms of hype. Minkah Fitzpatrick ability to play all secondary spots. but, make no mistake he can play corner. has good feet, good speed, and excellent ability to redirect WRs. Bryant Westbrook type corner, who has the ball skills to play in a cover 3 scheme. Will play as a freshman. 
6.) Dylan Wright. extreme ball skills. jump ball wizard. Massive, strong hands with doublesided tape on all fingers. Ball just sticks to his hands. physical as a TE. needs to work on route running and quickness. will need to keep weight in check. instant mismatch on the outside in 1 on 1 situations. i think hes a more tenacious jeff fuller. Is a really god athlete and with reps and coaching I expect his route running to improve. 
7.) demani Richardson. hope the knee responds well. his ability at FS/SS is elite. extremely fast on the field and has verified times to back it up. extremely aggressive. and hes 6'1 210 lbs of football player. big time player. 
8.) derrick Hunter - fascinating prospect. when i studied his sophomore tape I saw a very explosive, fast DL. seriously, this dude was a blur. as he got older, he maintained his incredible motor and physicality. but he got heavier and much slower. as a senior he was not the best athlete. but he has gained over 45 lbs in the last 18 months. slowed him down. changed his game from a speed/power game to a power game. i'll be very curious to see if we can get some of that athleticism back with S&C work. look at his sophomore tape. that wasnt a 5.35 40 kid. that wasnt a 4.9 shuttle kid. that was a freakly fast DL. i know that twitch is still in there. if we can get that out of him, hes an all american. otherwise, hes just a good SEC DL. 
9.)Layden Robinson. beast. NFL power. NFL frame. Moves people. buries people. hurts people. everything you want in a guard. just mauls. nobody wants a piece of this Kodiak in a cage match 
10.) Elijah blades – watch his high school tape and you see a D1 wr return man with elite speed. Very good agility, bend, change of direction. Juco tape is limited. Hard to know where he will be as a CB when he shows up. Always tough for jucos to project in year 1. What you can see is that he is a really good athlete and fast. Faster than any CB on our team or in this class. 
11.) jalen wydermeyer. tough. aggressive. blue collar. hits hard. runs very well. hands arent as natural as cupp, but they improved throughout his career. caught the ball more naturally as a sr than as a soph. big man. football body. has blocked more on the perimeter vs in-line. will need some time to adjust to playing more with hand on ground. 
12.) Brian Williams. pure fs with natural ball skills and coverage ability. great size. great mind. only lacks elite speed. But his feel as a center fielder makes up for a step or 2. Really natural back half player. 
13.) braeden mowry - including him in class. really athletic kid who is pretty raw as a de. still growing into his body. NFL frame and speed. just beginning his journey as an edge player. needs to be better snap to snap. needs to play with more anger every play. 
14.) Kenyon Jackson – sneaky fast kid with a 6’5 frame. Big time basketball prospect has never focused exclusively on football. Sound familiar? Natural hands. As he grows into his frame it would not shock me if he ends up as best wr in class. Always more risk with OOS kids. They get homesick easier. Sometimes lack the willingness to wait their turn. 
15.) Kam Brown - very fluid and fast WR. good hands. very thin framed. can he get big enough and strong enough to be an all around weapon and not just a kid that needs to play in space? one of the best technical route runners at his age A&M has ever recruited. 
16.) Isaiah Spiller - needs to get quicker and more decisive to the hole. shows very good top end speed. needs to keep working on acceleration between 1-10 yards which is where a RB has to earn his money. great Athlete. nice hands. runs with good natural lean for a taller back. 
17.) ainias smith - serious football player who is impossible to tackle and cover in space. very good hands. plays big. powerful football build. lacks height, but has a great catch radius. has top end speed. 
18.) zach calzada. Long way to go, but you have to account for an arm that is elite and a release that is elite. That is 2 nfl traits that you cant deny. He wasn’t my favorite take in this class, as I am biased against project qbs. But his physical talent as a thrower is borderline 5 star. 
19.)Andre White - super LB athlete. can seriously run. has a NFL frame. will be a 6'3 240 LB, but can he get better at reading, reacting, filling, scraping? Coaching is needed. Doesn’t play as fast and aggressive as he should. 
20.) keshun brown - very solid LB with nice speed and instincts. 6' kid built like darian claiborne. not as athletic as claiborne, but similar and has a good head on shoulders. national honor student. 4.0 GPA. plays strong. 
21.)Adarius Jones – strong interior DL with really good get off. Shorter frame. Low center of gravity. Fire hydrant. Great effort, great motor. Glue guy. Could play early if needed. His game translates quickly. 
22.) Tarian lee – smooth athlete with big frame. Very solid LB prospect. Does nothing outstanding but does nothing inadequately. Just an all around solid LB body that could play in different situations. 
23.) Blake trainor – massive kid with Wisconsin bloodlines. Gets out of his stance hard and low. Plays in a wing scheme that doesn’t require pass blocking. Plays really hard and through the whistle. Decent athleticism. Could move inside. Hard to tell if he has ability to play tackle at this level. Just doesn’t have the tape to show it. 
24.) chase lane – as an athlete chase should be much higher. Very good speed. Big strong hands for a smaller wr. Great quicks. Accelerates effortlessly. Does he want to be a football player that competes and grinds at this level? That’s the only question. And it’s a big question. 
25.) Rj Orebo – hes a legit 6’6 ive studied his frame. Its narrow. I don’t see any way this is a LB. so I have to project him to DE or TE and that is just a giant leap based on where he is today. Total project, but seems to be a good kid and will do the work. 
26.) kicker

As always, I post my 2018 review for full accountability:

1. james foster - i think he will develop into the special kind of college qb that wins games with his playmaking skills. elusive runner with strength and arm is just scratching the surface. steve mcnair in his blood. natural qb. natural ballplayer. 
2. tyree wilson - cant coach what he has. bend. aggression. pursuit. good speed and a burning desire to get to the qb. 
3. jerry martin - elite athlete that can bend the edge. nfl talent. 
4. j preston - strong wr with violence after the catch. 
5. Diallo - monster talent. raw. unrefined brute. talent could be special. 
6. jace sternberger - very good speed for an hback. nice matchup player. will catch plenty of balls. 
7. charlie strong - running back. will carry the rock a lot for us and punish defenders. weak position group gives him early opportunity. 
8. tank jenkins - nfl guard. massive earth mover. 
9 leon oneal - very big strong safety. comes downhill and is sneaky good in man coverage situations vs big Wrs. will need to take and thrive under tough coaching. will need to be more mentally disciplined on the field. 
10. barton clement - nfl guard. massive earth mover. 
11. colty blanton - enjoyed him the more i watched him. john runyan type game. needs to get stronger. if he can carry the weight and add the strength he can be an nfl tackle. 
12. luke matthews - nfl ol somewhere. fundamentally excellent technique with great frame and hands. 
13. glenn beal. big strong, solid sec football body. 
14. montel parker - great athlete with strength and size at wr. better player than many on our roster. could push early. 
15 corbin - fluid rb with deceptive size. hard to evaluate his hs tape. 
16. vern jackson - where does he play. does he have an sec position? athletic big man that will need time 
17. bobby browne - talent is not a question. 
18. brian johnson - hitter with speed and solid frame. i like him. where does he play? 
19 max wright - peaked as a soph. early bloomer. whats left? 
20. deneric prince - great top end speed. very good size for a fast rb. raw. more talent than player. 
21. caleb chapman - dont like the way he gets off the LOS. see him struggling vs the press man coverage that is dominant in the sec. nice speed for his size. i see his role needing to be that of ryan tannehill in 2009 and 2010. slot wr that has vertical ability. could be a great role for him. 
22. jordan moore - good football player and kid who should find a spot to help the team on some nickel and dime situations and special teams 
23. seth small - i will always rank kickers and punters last

Daddy98 stumbles in :: 

Andre White at 19 is a sin.

only because you found a game of him and not the others. YOu thought Chase was a borderline player and then saw a full game and crucified him.

Told you my list

1. K Green 
2. D Leal 
3. Cupp 
4. D Hunter 
5. E Young 
6. D Wright 
7. D Richardson 
8. L Robinson 
9. Andre White 
10. Brian Williams 
11. Elijah Blades 
12. I Spiller 
13. J Wydermeyer 
14. Chris Russell 
15. A Jones 
16. B Mowry 
17. K Jackson 
18. Kam Brown 
19. Blake Trainor 
20. Calzada 
21. Keshun Brown 
22. Ainias Smith 
23. Tarian Lee 
24. RJ Orebo 
25. Chase Lane 
26. Kicker

Pros 
Great interios dl with pass rush. Fantastic 5 techs. We got 3 studs. Great 3 off line prospects. 4, best numbers at backer in a while. True stack guys.

Negs 
Didn't address the top off the defense vertical speed guy. We got some length, we got a true stud x, we got a slot. Needed a Fast Z. 
Didn't get enough COVERAGE. We needed another corner or Cover FS. 
Needed a stud pass rush from the edge particularly if Mowry Gray Shirts

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Aggy from 247 are ranking the players in their 2019 class - these are always good for a few choice quotes ... 

First we have "Playmaker" who fancies himself a scout 

I haven't given it much thought, I guess, but have they already lost 3 guys from the 2018 class? Strong, Parker, and Moore. Are there any others already? I know Sternberger is gone, but that's different. What about the Tank dude? I thought he was rumored to be leaving too. Anyway, that's a minimum of 4 guys out of 23 who are gone early, 1 to the NFL and 3 to abject failure.

7 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

It is hilarious that aggy dipshits like Playmaker and Daddy98 think they are “studying tape” when they watch Hudl highlights. 

My first impression of Daddy98 was him on Texags explaining how much better aggy’s 2002 class was than ours.   

When we absolutely skull fucked them in recruiting.  

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:
My first impression of Daddy98 was him on Texags explaining how much better aggy’s 2002 class was than ours.   
When we absolutely skull fucked them in recruiting.  

Does that post still exist? Would be awesome to review.

Texags deletes shit like that as soon as someone bumps it.  That was probably bumped and deleted the night VY went off against Michigan.  Definitely didn’t make it past 2005.  

Texags had to delete all sorts of shit about Jimbo.  Being a cuck.  Enabling Winston.  Only winning because the acc sucked when he had his good seasons at FSU

• Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I haven't given it much thought, I guess, but have they already lost 3 guys from the 2018 class? Strong, Parker, and Moore. Are there any others already? ... and 3 to abject failure.

I guess you should probably add Deneric Prince and Brian Johnson to the list as they were baked in attrition. They were the 2 Manvel kids that Aggie added to ensure that they'd land Preston. Although Johnson played a lot on STs and only has to beat out Roney Elam and/or Antonio Howard to nail down a spot on the 2-deep at Nickel. 

I also think you should pencil in Barton Clement because the guy can barely bend at all and can't run 5 yards at a time (no hyperbole) - just check the first few plays of the 3rd team offense in this vid :: 

25 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I guess you should probably add Deneric Prince and Brian Johnson to the list as they were baked in attrition. They were the 2 Manvel kids that Aggie added to ensure that they'd land Preston. Although Johnson played a lot on STs and only has to beat out Roney Elam and/or Antonio Howard to nail down a spot on the 2-deep at Nickel. 

I also think you should pencil in Barton Clement because the guy can barely bend at all and can't run 5 yards at a time (no hyperbole) - just check the first few plays of the 3rd team offense in this vid :: 

Prince didn't even start for Manvel. That was a hysterical take.