SecRant ~ Silly Me

Cairn Horn88

There was some video on YouTube for Texas and OU fans 5 things to know about the SEC and it was the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Telling Texas fans they are going to chant SEC is the most delusional thing the SEC idiots keep repeating. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

One of my co-workers is an OU fan, goes to the Texas-OU game every year, and asked him if he was ready to chant "SEC SEC". He laughed and then said, "Fuck no!"

I laughed.

Sadly, our stadium will be full of fans that will embrace the chant. 

• Rage+1 4

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

SECrant is barely distinguishable from texags in terms of poster IQ and should be treated as such

Speaking of IQ….if it was just Texas coming into the conference, the overall IQ would be going up dramatically….so, bringing in OU….the  IQ won’t be going up nearly as much!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

Outside of Bama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia, what has the rest done over the last 20+ years? I rest my case with the SEC!

Auburn has a title and a #2 behind USC.

The ones most prone to chant SEC are the others, like aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

Outside of Bama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia, what has the rest done over the last 20+ years? I rest my case with the SEC!

You include Georgia but forget Auburn.  That’s so perfect.

edit: bullet beat me to it

Edited by TKthunder2

11 hours ago, immamac said:

There was some video on YouTube for Texas and OU fans 5 things to know about the SEC and it was the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Telling Texas fans they are going to chant SEC is the most delusional thing the SEC idiots keep repeating. 

Oh I’ve already gotten it from some t-shirt fans down here. They are looking forward to doing it. It’s gonna happen. You met one of them lol

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Those other teams lick Bama’s boots and promptly get in line to Big Daddy Saban.  There’s no doubt who is king over there….and it ain’t  Bob Wills.

Great reference.

John Lennon sang "Just gimme some truth."  Well, here it is.  The "S-E-C, S-E-C!" chant was born in an instant on the night Alabama humiliated Geno Toretta and Miami 34-13 in the Sugar Bowl to top off the 1992 season.  Most Miami fans had left the Dome.  About five minutes remained in the 4th quarter and some one or some group started it up.  It spread fast and before ling the 50,000 or so Bama fans were yelling and stomping it out in unison.  I was there.  I heard it and I saw it and I said it with gusto.  We were sick to death of hearing about Miami and their unstoppable offense.  As far as I'm concerned it was an isolated event of regional resentment spilling onto the field.  The origin of a behavior which may appear offensive or shitty today is completely logical in context.  Did I chant S-E-C! when Auburn scammed their way to #1, or LSU, or Tennessee back in the 90s?  Fuuuuck, no.  With all that said, do I like Texas and OU joining the SEC?  Why hell, yes.  Because I love college football!  Let's rock and roll!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Fuck the SEC. now that players can be paid legitimately our move is just a stopover on the way to a national super-conference, unless the schools/conferences are allowed to share revenue directly w their players. There are maybe 16 schools whose support base can afford pay to play on the scale needed to be consistently in the hunt for the playoffs 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

John Lennon sang "Just gimme some truth."  Well, here it is.  The "S-E-C, S-E-C!" chant was born in an instant on the night Alabama humiliated Geno Toretta and Miami 34-13 in the Sugar Bowl to top off the 1992 season.  Most Miami fans had left the Dome.  About five minutes remained in the 4th quarter and some one or some group started it up.  It spread fast and before ling the 50,000 or so Bama fans were yelling and stomping it out in unison.  I was there.  I heard it and I saw it and I said it with gusto.  We were sick to death of hearing about Miami and their unstoppable offense.  As far as I'm concerned it was an isolated event of regional resentment spilling onto the field.  The origin of a behavior which may appear offensive or shitty today is completely logical in context.  Did I chant S-E-C! when Auburn scammed their way to #1, or LSU, or Tennessee back in the 90s?  Fuuuuck, no.  With all that said, do I like Texas and OU joining the SEC?  Why hell, yes.  Because I love college football!  Let's rock and roll!

Wait, so why didn't you chant "Roll Tide" or "Ala-bama" ?  I don't get it, you were mud holing them and you didn't chant about you....strange. But it is ironic that you gave those that hang on your coat tail their chant when you were kicking ass. 

9 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

You include Georgia but forget Auburn.  That’s so perfect.

edit: bullet beat me to it

Actually I'd replace Georgia with Auburn.  Georgia hasn't actually won shit in about four decades.

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I mean are we really counting Auburn's title? That's about as legit as my Jesus '00 rookie card.

And then there's this...

Edited by utee94
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

1993 Alabama saying others were scamming

GIF by FOX International Channels

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

maybe fans but I've seen a video of Georgia players chanting it in the locker room after a game in the early '80s. I think it might have been a 30 for 30 or some shit on Herschel Walker.  Funny thing was they had beaten another SEC team.