Tim Crowder 🤦‍♂️

Irieguy

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

https://twitter.com/nuclearathletes/status/1421582439609143303?s=21

.If anyone is suffering from depression repeat after me. "I am a soft, weak minded person & I need to find a solution bc depression is only a word that another EXCUSE maker made up who was weak minded like me."

I'd hate to see what he says about those pussies who are diagnosed with cancer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

As a psychologist I have been working with people dealing with depression for 20+ years. It's a real disease. It doesn't go away through willpower. Fuck Tim Crowder up the goat ass for spreading this bullshit nonsense. It's not only dishonest and inaccurate, it's dangerous to people who are dealing with depression.

I don't know anything about Tim Crowder's history with what he calls depression. But if he says he kicked it because he stopped "believing in it," then he didn't have depression. 

Would you say that if his depression comes back, he is going to be extra screwed when he can't will his way through it? I truly hope that does not happen to him though.

1 minute ago, Revolution512 said:

If it was then he’s right. That’s not a mental health issue and anyone saying  so it’s doing a disservice to people with actual mental health issues

He didn't mention Simone and her situation, I'm just pretty sure it was a response to it.

His words were 100% bullshit because he was referring to depression.  Whether that is what Simone is dealing with is a separate discussion.

39 minutes ago, futureman said:

there is a staggering amount of hypocrisy in this thread. crowder has admittedly suffered from depression in the past and clearly is still dealing with some degree of mental illness. and y’all hate him for it. disgusting.

God shut the fuck up. Worst troll ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, futureman said:

there is a staggering amount of hypocrisy in this thread. crowder has admittedly suffered from depression in the past and clearly is still dealing with some degree of mental illness. and y’all hate him for it. disgusting.

Dude you are worse than AIDS.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

He didn't mention Simone and her situation, I'm just pretty sure it was a response to it.

His words were 100% bullshit because he was referring to depression.  Whether that is what Simone is dealing with is a separate discussion.

Oh make no mistake about it, he’s ignorant and embarrassing himself. But Simone Biles doesn’t fall under the umbrella he’s trying to address, not from what I can tell 

56 minutes ago, futureman said:

You don't cure depression by realizing that it's all in your head.  That's bullshit amateur psychology from a guy who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

What a remarkably stupid thing to say.  I don't care if he's one of us: fuck that guy.

No kidding. What's that old expression about how it's better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?

It's really surprising to learn that some people are so self-absorbed that they can't understand or empathize with another person's suffering. How tone deaf to the lives of others do you have to be to publicly tweet something like that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Keller said:

As a former gymnast I can say that what Simone was dealing with is not a depression thing but more of a "oh shit none of this feels natural anymore" thing.    For me, it was only for one event but i was never the same on that apparatus.    Was just fucking around doing reverse giants, peeled, flew off the high bar at about a 40 degree angle, flew past the mats and broke my arm.    Highbar went from one of my best events to my worst overnight.     I broke 2 arms skating and had no problem going back on rails after both of them, but in those instances i knew what went wrong.     Just flying off the bar completely unexpectedly fucked my head up when it came to anything involving reverse or mixed gripped moves.  

Good stuff

I heard some heavily metaled gymnast (sorry, don't remember her name, but she has the most gold metals) on NPR explain that  mental blocks happen to everyone, but you can work them out by getting extra spotters or working over mats until you relearn and reassure yourself you have it. Simone doesn't have the luxury of time to do that because she is in the middle of competition. I think she called the mental block "the twisties",where you don't know where you are spatially during a twist or flip. So being 15 feet in the air and not knowing which way it down is very dangerous. Gymnastics sounds like a young kids game before the frontal lobe can kick in and tell you how dangerous what you are doing is. No wonder all the best are super young teens. Their brains can't tell them shit yet.