Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

Guest Lobo
56 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

She knew exactly what she was doing and hit the buzzwords and hysterical tone perfectly to have the cops foaming at the mouth.  The guy's lucky he didn't get Emmett Tilled by the cops before he could show the video.

Precisely, she goes from being Kunty Karen to seeming calm to relay just the right details to outright panic and fear for her life.  She hit the trifecta notes a little too well.  Her past shouldn't be brought up into this, but this is not the first time she's done this.  

She works at Franklin Templeton?  Howd you all know that? 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Precisely, she goes from being Kunty Karen to seeming calm to relay just the right details to outright panic and fear for her life.  She hit the trifecta notes a little too well.  Her past shouldn't be brought up into this, but this is not the first time she's done this.  

She works at Franklin Templeton?  Howd you all know that? 

It's all over Twitter.  Head of insurance investment solutions at FTI.  The internet is already demanding its pound of flesh.  I'm normally against the internet rage machine but she seriously could have killed that guy.  

Guest Lobo

Well FTI already pulled down her LinkedIn page, that's not a good sign for you Amy "Karen" Cooper.  She obviously worked close on the institutional side which requires a lot of high-touch hand-holding right now.  It's gonna be weird when her client book calls in and the voicemail is her threatening to have a black man killed for calling out her leashless dog.  I mean, if the internet were capable of changing her outgoing voice message.  Which they could.  Tonight.  Because nobody is monitoring her outgoing voicemail on Memorial Day.  

But I assume two people were called up to her desk today at 3x hazard pay to pack her shit and have it waiting at 48th  under a falafel wagon.  

I thought she was just being a busy body racist shithead.  But her paint-by-numbers/come-kill-this-black-guy for me so I have a story for my book club was beyond the pale.  

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo
4 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

At the very least, she should be charged with animal cruelty. Poor fucking dog

Do you know what the penalty is for animal cruelty is in this state?  Well...it's probably pretty stiff.  

Edited by Lobo

36 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

It's all over Twitter.  Head of insurance investment solutions at FTI.  The internet is already demanding its pound of flesh.  I'm normally against the internet rage machine but she seriously could have killed that guy.  

not to mention SHE STRANGLED HER DOG to the point it basically passed out.  FUCK HER.

• Like 2

..and there are people of all colors who wonder why we as the human race are not progressing further at a faster rate.

It only takes one idiot like this woman to set race relations back years for a huge number of people.

I caught myself holding my breath from the beginning, praying she wouldn't let "the word" come busting out, because you know she had it on the tip of her tongue.

Freakin'bitch.

I'm totally stereotyping here, but based on her location, profession, obvious education and just general vibe, I think she congratulates herself daily on the fact she doesn't use the word.  It would be immediate dismissal from her social circle if she ever used it.

In short, educated bigots don't typically use the word, they remain very PC in their racism.  

Or she may casually use the word on an everyday basis, but it would certainly surprise me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dumbshits like her all the time at a lot of Austin parks.  Apparently they can't read English or something, and don't understand how signs that say keep your dog on a leash work.

Yep , was down at zilker and this cunt was letting her labradoodle bullshit dog run rampant. I let Luna off leash just to beat that dogs ass into the dirt.

I second the notion that I am normally not a fan of internet justice but that lady flat out tried to get that dude killed. Also damn near choked her dog out as well.

Her BS apology as well she put out last night is also complete horseshit. She is only sorry because her ass got caught being a total entitled, racist POS.

I hope her company lets her go, she needs to answer for her actions and having to address this video during future job interviews may help her do that.

• Like 1

1) total bullshit apology. Any apology that begins with “I’m sorry if you were offended” Bullshit will always suck. Not that her apology makes things right. I just hate apologies that start like that. 

2) She’s got some other issues besides being a racist Karen. That poor dog. 

3) waiting for people to start using being “Covid crazy” as a new excuse. 

4) fuck her. Not a fan of internet justice either but the video speaks for itself. 

@Bama Chick just posted but good to know the dog is away from her:

The dog has been surrendered to the shelter he was adopted from years earlier while the dispute is addressed, according to a Facebook post from Abandoned Angels Cocker Spaniel Rescue Inc.

"The dog is now in our rescue's care and he is safe and in good health," the post said.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/central-park-video-dog-video-african-american-trnd/index.html
Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The dog rescue where she got her dog has taken her dog back.

And the guy she tried to SWAT is apparently a Senior Editor at Health Science Communication, a former editor at Marvel, and a graduate of Harvard.

Ooooops!

Oh.....so he's uppity.  That's the preferred term, I believe.

• Like 5

Damn, the internet can enact some swift retribution sometimes. Bitch still needs to get charged for making a false report, though. There needs to be some official punishment for this shit, even if the best our broken law can offer for such despicable behavior is pretty minor in this case.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
14 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Well it's probably pretty stiff.

Edit- this now makes no sense since lobo added the answer to his own question.  It's like I'm dealing with cousin Eddie here.

Sorry man, I saw my one line there and thought, "The way Surly has been lately, that'll spark some debate on animal cruelty instead of people realizing it's from Vacation."  So I added the second line.  And like Cousin Eddie, I may have a metal plate in my head.  But I will say, Surly was actually really funny this weekend.  I don't know if it was the start to summer but shit was damn funny around here.  Except for this woman, who apparently already got her ass handed to her on Memorial Day.  Queue the, "How you gonna get fired on your day off?" quotes.  

For those of you in NYC, please post photos of what is sure to be the strangest protest of 2020.  I promise you groups of black people in Manhattan are going to gather from Central down to Battery in their "whitest white people" clothes, with binoculars and journals, and get into some amateur ornithology.  To draw attention to the fact that there are still too many white people whose first instinct when they see a black person anywhere is to call the police, which invariably leads to unnecessary detainment at best and murder at worst.  And this'll be the protest that sticks because nobody listens in this country to frustrated black people marching with signs in their own neighborhoods or at City Halls.  But you get 300 black folks dressed in vests and sun hats in Central Park with binoculars...that image is both hilarious and damn original.  That's a protest and a message that people will remember for a lot longer than a 5k run for awareness.  Anyway, my two cents if anyone from the black protest committee is reading this.  I'll kick in $100 for the Ornithology scholarship of your choice.  We need to end this insanely racist practice in this country before more people are jailed/assaulted/killed for no fucking reason.  I think this is an idea worth trying since so many people just don't fucking get it yet.

Edited by Lobo

16 minutes ago, ajax said:

Nice job acting hysterical and saying her life was in danger. You almost want to say "...and scene" when she hangs up. I really think she wanted to see the guy killed. That's attempted murder right there.

It's a clean charge of making a false report.  She said that he was threatening her life.  He was not.  He was no threat to her whatsoever.  It was a false report.  She should be charged with that crime.  It isn't a lot, but it is correct.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
25 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Hell hath no fury like a slightly inconvenienced white woman . 

Only time you ever worry about a woman, is when she quits bitchin'.

-N. Nolte 

19 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Hell hath no fury like a slightly inconvenienced white woman . 

Man, this is so true. Not saying that white men don’t have their own entitlement issues, but white women are on another level. “Safety” is the white woman’s version of an easy button. Just say you are/were concerned about safety and you get to excuse any ridiculous behavior. Its very similar to the situation with cops being caught abusing people more often now that everybody they interact with has a video camera in their pocket. It’s been this way forever but without much proof. No telling what Central Park Karen’s story would have been if she didn’t know she was being recorded.

11 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

A Shag inside joke after Icono went on a rant about Miami Beach being overrun by black people the time he vacationed there.  I don't remember if it was in the rant or who came up with the story that Black people read the Financial Times but that is where it came from. 

he was pointing out that there were some 'normal' blacks around, drinking coffee and reading the financial times 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Man, this is so true. Not saying that white men don’t have their own entitlement issues, but white women are on another level. “Safety” is the white woman’s version of an easy button. Just say you are/were concerned about safety and you get to excuse any ridiculous behavior. Its very similar to the situation with cops being caught abusing people more often now that everybody they interact with has a video camera in their pocket. It’s been this way forever but without much proof. No telling what Central Park Karen’s story would have been if she didn’t know she was being recorded.

I'm all for white women being made to wear body cams.

• Like 1

She's getting what she deserved but it's sad that people feel the need to start recording interactions with strangers. Makes me not want to interact with anyone that I don't know and I'm not even the slightest bit worried that I will say something wrong because I don't do that.

Personally if I'm talking with anyone and they start recording the conversation, I'm not saying a word to them.

10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So the guy that filmed the dog lady posted on his own facebook page that, be fore he started filming, he threatened to take he dog from her and busted out dog treats to lure it away. WTF?

Not exactly.

Central Park this morning: This woman's dog is tearing through the plantings in the Ramble.

ME: Ma'am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.
HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.
ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.
HER: It's too dangerous.
ME: Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.
HER: What's that?
ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!
HER: He won't come to you.
ME: We'll see about that...

I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn't even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

HER: DON'T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

That's when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn...

24 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Karen just found out that pulling racist shit while strangling a dog is a bridge too far

Were other Karens going after for how she treated her dog?  Or were they of the opinion that how she treats her dog is nobody's fucking business but Karen's?

14 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So the guy that filmed the dog lady posted on his own facebook page that, be fore he started filming, he threatened to take he dog from her and busted out dog treats to lure it away. WTF?

2 minutes ago, ajax said:

Not exactly.

bwahahaha.  the WELL AKSHULLY crowd tries to use that facebook post to justify calling the cops and screaming like you're being raped.

• Like 1