Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

On 5/24/2018 at 3:12 PM, Pancho Negro said:

I was led to believe by the OP’s thread title that this was the forum to bitch exclusively about white people, not Latinas. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

It seems like a high number of these cases involve white wimmenz calling the cops for stupid reasons. I find this not surprising at all. 

They had to call the cops because they couldn't get home fast enough to log in to Nextdoor.com and create hysteria over "unidentified dark person in our safe space".........

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

They had to call the cops because they couldn't get home fast enough to log in to Nextdoor.com and create hysteria over "unidentified dark person in our safe space".........

Well, to be fair, I was speaking to an attorney about medical malpractice and medical boards and he was telling me that the typical profile of complaints come from women between the ages of 30 and 65 of all races. And this seems to fit the profile of complaints that I received (via the HOA) when I was building a pool. Don't think that Asian women and Indian women are exempt from complaining.

And the typical complaint went something like this: A layer of rock needs to be placed before gunite is shot. The rock was placed on a 25 yard long dead-end street (not a cul-de-sac) catty-corner to our house where a bobcat with rubber tracks could get it and move it to our backyard. The city came out to inspect it because there were complaints. The city stated that that was the logical place to put the rocks so as to not block the street, fire hydrant, or storm drains.

7 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

One thing I wish I could call the cops on is the kids who wear dollar bills on their shirts pinned with a safety pin because it's their birthday, and for parents that encourage that, it's child abuse.

Wait. They aren't auctioning off the kid?

Wow did I get that wrong...

Can I have my dollar back?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Black-firefighter-on-inspection-duty-in-Oakland-13021084.php#photo-12943534

"A black firefighter conducting city-mandated inspections around homes in the Oakland hills was reported to police and, on a separate occasion, questioned and videotaped by a resident who found him suspicious, even though he was in full uniform with his fire truck parked nearby."

I'm sure nextdoor had some interesting entries about him too.

"My friends cousin was robbed by a guy like that once who drove a fake fire engine.  Can't be too careful!"

36 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Cross post from Burrito Bob but the same sentiment is at play here:

Since when do we as a society call the cops on what is essentially every post on "Post the Things that Annoy You" thread. Whatever happened to the steely gaze, the side eye, the loud sigh/garumph, and the "can you believe this guy?" under your breath to your neighbor, but just so audible the person can be shamed?

Since when is tackiness an excuse to call the cops? My goodness, white people, get it together.

Since people started carrying video cameras with them everywhere to capture the 10-15% of the human race who are completely worthless and ruin every goddamnthing for the rest of us.

Not that much has changed. We're just getting to see the ugly shit our minority friends told us about but we didn't believe because it sounded absurd.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2018 at 4:05 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

One thing I wish I could call the cops on is the kids who wear dollar bills on their shirts pinned with a safety pin because it's their birthday, and for parents that encourage that, it's child abuse.

Huh?  What the fuck is this about?

Never heard of it before.

21 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

His customer, Lucille Holt, said she was confused when she saw police, but quickly learned the neighbors called to complain that the group cut a section of their property (about a foot where the two properties butt together) and were in their yard.

I would consider that a bonus if they accidentally cut part of my yard. People are weird.

Pool Patrol Paula

DJ RocQuemore Simmons and his friend hadn’t even managed to dip their toes in the pool before a screaming Stephanie Sebby-Strempel was out of the water and in their faces, shoving DJ in the chest, telling the boys they “didn’t belong” and ordering them to leave.

“Get out! Get out! Get out! Now!” she yelled before threatening to involve the authorities. “There’s three numbers I can call: 9-1-1.”

There was no time for them to tell her or anyone else that they were guests of a neighborhood resident, no time to phone parents. But the 15-year-old did manage to pull out a cellphone camera, recording the belligerent woman and the poolside encounter that turned him into the latest victim of #LivingWhileBlack.

But the lens in Sebby-Strempel’s face seemed to anger her more. She struck the 15-year-old in the chest, then at least twice in the face as he walked toward the exit, police say. She called them “little punks” and used racial slurs.

The boys left without retaliating — even saying “Yes, ma’am” to Sebby-Strempel, who could not immediately be reached for comment Monday. But DJ’s parents were incensed when they saw the video. Family members posted it on Facebook, where it became instantly viral. Then they called the Dorchester County, South Carolina, sheriff’s office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/07/02/police-say-woman-screamed-racial-slurs-and-smacked-a-black-teen-at-a-pool-she-lost-her-job/?utm_term=.850453c8b37c

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

This is one of the most bizarre ones ever. Why wouldn't you just walk outside and say, hey FYI, you have the wrong yard.

Those homeowners sound like the kind of people who make weekly calls to the police.

44 minutes ago, TornACL said:

This is one of the most bizarre ones ever. Why wouldn't you just walk outside and say, hey FYI, you have the wrong yard.

Those homeowners sound like the kind of people who make weekly calls to the police.

They were scared the coloreds were armed with AR-15 machine guns.  It’s dangerous out there.

White priest's pimp cup gets knocked over at funeral, kicks grieving black family out of "his" church and calls police.

The Archdiocese of Washington was forced to issued an apology after a raging priest kicked a mourning family our of his church during a funeral and then proceeded to call the cops on them.

According to Fox5, the altercation happened at Saint Mary’s Catholic Church in Charlotte Hall, Maryland on Tuesday, when Reverend Michael Briese blew up at the family.

As hundreds of people mourned the death of 54-year-old Agnes Hicks, someone knocked over and damaged the church’s sacred golden chalice when they went in for a hug near the altar.

“That’s when all hell broke loose. He literally got on the mic and said, ‘There will be no funeral, there will be no mass, everyone get the hell out of my church,’” recalled Shanice Chisely, the daughter of Hicks. “He disrespected our family, he disrespected my mother. He called my mother ‘a thing.’ He said, ‘Get this thing out of my church! Everyone get the hell out of my church!’ It was very sad. I’ve never seen anything like that before.”

According to the family, when they exited the church with the casket they found police waiting for them outside.

“Bad enough we had to bury our own mother yesterday but for you to say she’s a ‘thing’ and there will be no funeral. You’re not a preacher. You’re not a pastor. You’re not a father of the Lord. You’re not any of that. You’re the devil,” said Renetta Baker, another of Hicks’ daughters.

Woman Assaulted Black Boy After Telling Him He ‘Did Not Belong’ at Pool, Officials Say

merlin_140504673_220c944e-e016-434f-a4d7

Stephanie Sebby-Strempel, who the authorities say hit a black teenager at a neighborhood pool and told him and his friends to leave because they did not belong there, has been charged with assault.

By Sarah Mervosh 

July 1, 2018

First, there was BBQ Becky.

Then came Permit Patty.

Now, a South Carolina woman has been nicknamed Pool Patrol Paula after a widely shared video showed her accosting a black boy and his friends at a neighborhood pool, telling them to “get out” or she would call the police.

“There’s three numbers I could dial: 911. O.K.?” the woman said in the video, which was posted on Facebook on June 24 and was viewed more than a million times in a week. “Get out! Little punks.”

The authorities identified the woman as Stephanie Sebby-Strempel, 38, of Summerville, S.C., according to The News & Observer. The newspaper reported that she told the boy, 15, and his friends that “they did not belong” at the pool, instructed them to leave and hit the teenager in his face and chest.

The teenager had been invited to the private community pool by a friend who lived in the neighborhood, his lawyer, Marvin Pendarvis, said.

Ms. Sebby-Strempel was charged with third-degree assault related to the teenager, as well as two counts of assaulting a police officer while resisting arrest, The News & Observer reported.

She could not be reached for comment. Representatives for the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office were unavailable to comment.

The episode comes after other cases of the police being called on black people for minor or nonexistent transgressions, such as taking a nap in a Yale common room or sitting down and asking to use the restroom in a Starbucks without buying anything.

Some of these cases — often involving white people — have spawned alliterative nicknames for those at the center of the episode: #BBQBecky, for a white woman in Oakland, Calif., who called the police on black men for using a charcoal grill in a park; #PermitPatty, for a white woman in San Francisco who appeared to call the authorities on an 8-year-old black girl for “illegally selling water without a permit”; and now #PoolPatrolPaula, for Ms. Sebby-Strempel.

Ms. Sebby-Strempel appeared to target the only black children at the pool at the time, Mr. Pendarvis said. He said his client’s name was not being released because he is a minor.

“She obviously took a look at them and said they don’t belong there,” Mr. Pendarvis said. “She had no reason to single them out. They weren’t doing anything.”

It’s unclear what happened leading up to the video clip, which shows Ms. Sebby-Strempel swatting at the camera. Mr. Pendarvis said she hit his client after the recording ended...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/us/pool-patrol-paula.html

Edited by Napoleon

On 6/29/2018 at 5:45 AM, Celery Man said:

If these blacks would just quit complaining, we could get on with our race relations.

I think it’s more amazing that Asians, including Indians, don’t have the same vocal dissent despite representing 8% of the minority population. Especially with cops, who apparently don’t feel a perceived threat in their interactions for some unknown reason.

One of life’s mysteries I suppose. Perhaps this thread will help solve it.

Edited by Spankytoes

Now you can't even campaign while being black.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/us/oregon-police-called-on-black-representative-trnd/index.html

In a Facebook post Tuesday, the Democrat wrote that a woman notified police that Bynum was suspicious because she was "spending a lot of time typing on my cell phone after each house."

Bynum is running for reelection in the fall, and said she takes notes when she's visiting her constituents to keep an account of what her community cares about.
She praised the deputy who responded for being professional, and said she asked him if she could meet the woman who made the call, but she was not available.

"The officer called her, we talked and she did apologize," Bynum said, without specifying the race of the caller.

CNN has reached out to Bynum and the police department for comment. Bynum told local media that someone called 911 and reported that she was spending too much time at houses in the area.

In recent weeks, there have been a series of widely-publicized instances of police being called on black people engaging in regular activities. In one incident in Ohio, someone called the police on a 12-year-old boy for mowing the wrong lawn.

CNN's Joe Sutton contributed to this report.

Sad.

And then the bitch is too much of a coward to meet. 

I think it’s more amazing that Asians, including Indians, don’t have the same vocal dissent despite representing 8% of the minority population. Especially with cops, who apparently don’t feel a perceived threat in their interactions for some unknown reason.

And that’s becoming a recognized problem within some (especially younger gen) in the Asian community.

Just because you don’t see it or read about it, doesn’t mean everything is just fine. Sure there are some cultural reasons and historical context matters.

But when as a community you’re already perceived as foreign by some Americans ... you tend to keep quiet.

4 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

yeah, geez, I can't think of any reason why those situations aren't analogous 

• Like 2

I said it before but it’s worth repeating. If I was black I would stay the hell away from white middle age women. They have had “safety” beaten into their brains for so long that they do not act rationally when they perceive a “safety issue”. They will justify almost any ridiculous action as being concerned for their safety as if it makes it ok to be a raging racist.