Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

Ah, he didn't exactly say he'd take the dog. But still, saying "You're not going to like it" comes across as ominous to me. They both seem like they suck.

Meh. If her dog had been on a leash like it was supposed to, she wouldn't have had to worry about it running up and grabbing treats from him. 

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

Ah, he didn't exactly say he'd take the dog. But still, saying "You're not going to like it" comes across as ominous to me. They both seem like they suck.

I kind of agree that he's a little bit of a Karen himself about the leash thing, but that shrieking tone she put on while call on the cops on an "AFRICAN AMERICAN MAN...HELP!!!" makes her a horrific person  who's willing to put another human's life at risk. She's a million times worse.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Meh. If her dog had been on a leash like it was supposed to, she wouldn't have had to worry about it running up and grabbing treats from him. 

100% fact. Why didn't she just follow the rules? I don't get people like that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ajax said:

I kind of agree that he's a little bit of a Karen himself about the leash thing, but that shrieking tone she put on while call on the cops on an "AFRICAN AMERICAN MAN...HELP!!!" makes her a horrific person  who's willing to put another human's life at risk. She's a million times worse.

I don't understand people that act like she did. I guess she's used to crying and getting her way. Probably got her out of a ticket or two. Guess the worm has turned now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Don't worry too much about her. She'll set up a GoFundMe for "legal defense against the PC police" or some blather like that and be a millionaire by this time next week.

Decent chance her employer paid her to go away.  "you're gone no matter what, but 6 months salary if you sign away your right to sue us" that's what a good company would do, buy yourself out of a PR crisis and risk.

37 minutes ago, Sandman said:

100% fact. Why didn't she just follow the rules? I don't get people like that.

Is this this only place your internets can access? The privileged white woman phenomenon has become quite well documented (known universaly as "Karens"). Rules like this aren't a big deal, get over it. But blacks need a permit to bbq at the park, thems the rules! 

48 minutes ago, ajax said:

I wish more people would stand up to dipshit dog owners who let their dogs off leashes in areas clearly marked as requiring a leash.   A lot more people, because dipshit dog owners who don't like leashes are neck-and-neck with asshole bicyclists who try and own the road and fuck with cars.

One of the parks near us, Ramsey, has a fairly dedicated group of dipshit dog owners who think the park is leash-free, and they run their dogs loose down around the baseball/soccer/quidditch/dodgeball/kickball area and basically try and stake it out as their turf.  When they get called out on it, some of them go into a rage, and they love to swear until the cell phones come out to record them.   The Rosedale school is right down the road, and it's got a fenced-in area, and those same dipshit dog owners treat it like a leash-free zone as well, but I think some of them were driven away from there, after AISD or whoever started giving them grief, and they ended up at Ramsey.

Those fucking dogs will run up to kids, fuck with leashed dogs, and get their little packs going, they shit all over, and way too many owners don't clean up after them.  In general, they are a serious nuisance, with a few occasionally turning into a menace when they go after other dogs or knock kids down when they are "just playing".    I've had a lady try to tell me that "I SHOULD NOT STEREOTYPE RESCUE PIT BULLS BECAUSE I'M NOT A PIT BULL OWNER AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW WONDERFUL THEY ARE OR WHAT THEY'VE BEEN THROUGH" (she was yelling at me, after I calmly told her what I'd do to her "precious" if it ran up to my kids again).

It's gotten so ridiculous, that a small neighborhood group has gotten together and has been quietly filming these dipshits and their behavior, and IDing them.  I guess the plan is to put their shit on blast on the neighborhood Facebook page and other forms of social media, and/or going to the city about it.

I look forward to it, because the fights on Facebook and NextDoor have been epic, with lots of "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I'M IN A TINY APARTMENT MY DOG IS ALMOST 100 POUNDS AND AND I CAN'T TAKE MY DOG TO A DOG PARK, SO I HAVE TO LET HER ROAM FREE SOMEWHERE!!!"  The best was some asshole dog owner who let fly with the "you're the same type of person that would have persecuted the Jews".

Sorry for the rant, it's just that we have small kids who have been accosted by these dogs, and we occasionally walk a neighbor's dog, and she is a very old dog, and does not need other dogs running up and fucking with her.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 7

I find most dog owners are shitty dog owners.  Just like with kids no one wants to hear they are doing a shitty job of parenting.  Myself included because I play ball with mine in the baseball field assuming it's empty.  I would leave though if anyone else came around.  So maybe just a little shitty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Hell hath no fury like a slightly inconvenienced white woman . 

i'm going to steal the fuck out of this line like black affletes stealing blonde women.

The dude carries dog treats due to off leash dogs tearing up the garden at that park, or at least that's what I remember from an interview with him. Props to the dude for outwitting entitled dog owners. He said in the interview that he knows dog owners HATE when strangers offer treats to the dogs. Sounds pretty smart to me, like Harvard level smarts.

• Like 3

There’s a couple who lives down the street from me that always has their dog off leash in the ring yard. We asked them to tether the dog and got a hearty stfu from him as the first thing he ever said to us. In the same conversation he said that my dog “wouldn’t be here no more” if he ever got out of my back fence. 
escalation with someone of that level intellect didn’t seem like a great idea, but I thought about walking my dogs by his house with my sidearm and plugging the dog when it got to the street, since that’s his solution. But then the dog dies, and it doesn’t know any better. 

5 hours ago, ajax said:

Nice job acting hysterical and saying her life was in danger. You almost want to say "...and scene" when she hangs up. I really think she wanted to see the guy killed. That's attempted murder right there.

I just finished watching "Get Out" this weekend for the 2nd or 3rd time, hadn't seen it in over a year. That ending scene where he's choking his ex-gf (who'd just tried to finish him with a rifle) and she plays victim as the "cop lights" pull up........ what a slick commentary. And on the fuckin' nose. I often fear that the genius of little points like this that were included in the film by Jordan Peele were probably viewed as "unbelievable" or "heavy-handed" or hokey or whatever by some viewers. This is literally what the fuck we just saw in this video. They know god-damned well how to use their feminine whiteness.

I work at an aisd school. Trying to act like the police of the well posted “keep your dog on a fucking leash” signs is quite a beating. I would gladly take cops writing these fools tickets over trying to bust people driving 70 in a 65. Their reactions to a polite request to keep their dog on a leash is typically world war 3.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Wow, good luck to the cunt Karen.  You search for this guy's arrest records and shady facebook videos.  And you get an Auduban Society video where he uses the word "unicorn."  Even if he was a convicted felon, he was harmless, and you were totally in the racist wrong.  But holy shit, this is literally the worst outcome for that cunt.  She is beyond fucked.  

6 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Just dropping in to say this: Put your dog on a fucking leashing, assholes. Your dog isn't special. Your dog isn't a person. Put that motherfucker on a leash. 

Can we call the cops on people who use the term "furbaby"? If so, I'll put those fucks on speed-dial. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Can we call the cops on people who use the term "furbaby"? If so, I'll put those fucks on speed-dial. 

Fur baby? Those people deserve a non-refundable, non-stop ticket to Hell. Preferably a Hell where dogs walk humans on leashes and rub their noses in their piss puddles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

This dude is on the board of the Audubon society and I think they donate The Ramble to get ground cover and landscaping designed for ground birds to come there if I read the article right. So I can see why he is protective of the place and will say something to dog owners that break the rule there. He is trying to help maintain the habitat and not just some random busy body concerned about broken rules.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

This dude is on the board of the Audubon society and I think they donate The Ramble to get ground cover and landscaping designed for ground birds to come there if I read the article right. So I can see why he is protective of the place and will say something to dog owners that break the rule there. He is trying to help maintain the habitat and not just some random busy body concerned about broken rules.

She was 100% wrong but he took it upon himself to enforce a law/rule/whatever. In another context, he would be the one catching grief on this board. 

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I find most dog owners are shitty dog owners.  Just like with kids no one wants to hear they are doing a shitty job of parenting.  Myself included because I play ball with mine in the baseball field assuming it's empty.  I would leave though if anyone else came around.  So maybe just a little shitty.

"Oh, he won't bother you, he's a nice dog!" -- as the dog is running at me

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah, well, FUCK Christian Cooper.  Wanna know why?  Because he's a goddamned Harvard alumnus New Yorker.  And nearly 20 years ago, I had a Harvard alumnus witness suggest we meet at the Harvard Club before his deposition.  It was dropping cold wet snow as I ducked in to the lobby to wait for him.  Dipshit snob at the desk asks if I'm a member -- no, but I'm meeting a member here in a minute.  "I'm sorry sir, you need to wait outside."  But....it's wet snow outside.  "Yes, you need to wait outside."  I did.  And when my client showed up, I told him "fuck this, we're going to that coffee shop over there."  So, fuck the Harvard Club, and fuck their snooty-ass NYC alumni.

I mean, other than that, Cooper seems like a good enough dude, and I dig birds, and really hate racist white chicks trying to get him killed.  But I swear to God if he brings up the goddamned Harvard Club, I will let him have it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, well, FUCK Christian Cooper.  Wanna know why?  Because he's a goddamned Harvard alumnus New Yorker.  And nearly 20 years ago, I had a Harvard alumnus witness suggest we meet at the Harvard Club before his deposition.  It was dropping cold wet snow as I ducked in to the lobby to wait for him.  Dipshit snob at the desk asks if I'm a member -- no, but I'm meeting a member here in a minute.  "I'm sorry sir, you need to wait outside."  But....it's wet snow outside.  "Yes, you need to wait outside."  I did.  And when my client showed up, I told him "fuck this, we're going to that coffee shop over there."  So, fuck the Harvard Club, and fuck their snooty-ass NYC alumni.

I mean, other than that, Cooper seems like a good enough dude, and I dig birds, and really hate racist white chicks trying to get him killed.  But I swear to God if he brings up the goddamned Harvard Club, I will let him have it.

He probably beat yourself ass in the deposition too, huh?

8 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

He probably beat yourself ass in the deposition too, huh?

Nah, he was my witness.  He did fine.  And actually, was pleasantly surprised when I showed up and an old friend represented one of the other parties.  We went out and had a lotta drinks after.

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

She was 100% wrong but he took it upon himself to enforce a law/rule/whatever. In another context, he would be the one catching grief on this board. 

You mean in a context where she doesn't go full racist and try to get him murdered by cops? Yeah, I supposed in that context we might view things a little different. 

Lots of other racist shit happening bc of Covid too. My mom’s neighbor is an Bronze medalist Olympian/ hubby was an NFL WR/son plays hoops for University of Tennessee under Rick Barnes—anyway, she was telling me how people lately have been treating her—like she has Covid. Like a small store that is open to do monogramming but she walks in there and the owner is like “you can’t come inside. Don’t touch anything.” No signs on the door saying to wait outside or call ahead. Every damn store or business has them.  Door was not locked. She left. Was the only customer in there. A couple of similar instances she was telling me about the other day. 

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

I don't know if anyone cares but HBO produced a documentary back in 2012 called Birders: The Central Park Effect about the birders of Central Park and the huge diversity of birds that can be seen there. I thought it was very interesting. Birders take bird watching very seriously. 

As a minority who lives in the NYC area half the year, I heed the advice of one Mr. Patrice O'Neal (RIP).  When you're a non-white in NYC, buy something every 15 minutes and get a receipt.  At some point, you'll be expected to prove where you've been.  Better have a paper trail.    

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/vxg0ck/comedy-central-presents-paper-trail

Edited by Shaggy3.0
  • Like 2

Guest Lobo
30 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Lots of other racist shit happening bc of Covid too. My mom’s neighbor is an Bronze medalist Olympian/ hubby was an NFL WR/son plays hoops for University of Tennessee under Rick Barnes—anyway, she was telling me how people lately have been treating her—like she has Covid. Like a small store that is open to do monogramming but she walks in there and the owner is like “you can’t come inside. Don’t touch anything.” No signs on the door saying to wait outside or call ahead. Every damn store or business has them.  Door was not locked. She left. Was the only customer in there. A couple of similar instances she was telling me about the other day. 

Because Covid-19 is disproportionately hitting Blacks and Hispanics, I predict it will be only a matter of weeks until non-mask wearing whites will insist that Blacks and Hispanics wear masks in public so as not to infect older white folks.  The first socially viral event and/or first municipally mandated policy being enforced on minorities will occur in the next ~3 weeks.  Minorities will be chastised for not wearing them by the very people who refuse to wear them.  It's coming, just wait.