Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

Guest Lobo

Fucking Fresno.  It's not these two black men's fault you've made shitty life choices and selected to plot your way in the telecom space in California's taint.  

On 7/2/2018 at 8:10 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Oh no, not the sacred golden chalice!

You’re a total asshole and hypocritical when it comes to Christianity, but this was funny as shit. 

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

What a fucking dumbass

I mean, he was being a dick and went on a power trip, and his community should certainly avoid putting him in charge of the pool in the future. But, being fired from his employer seems a bit much for what we saw.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

I mean, he was being a dick and went on a power trip, and his community should certainly avoid putting him in charge of the pool in the future. But, being fired from his employer seems a bit much for what we saw.

Kind of agree with you there but the guy is a true dumb ass for dying on that hill, so to speak. He got Figurelli-ed.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Fuck him. Hope he loses everything dear to him.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Fuck him. Hope he loses everything dear to him.  

Are you privy to something I'm not? That video didn't look THAT bad. He seemed more like your typical neighborhood HOA busybody going a bit crazy than a clear racist.  

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Are you privy to something I'm not? That video didn't look THAT bad. He seemed more like your typical neighborhood HOA busybody going a bit crazy than a clear racist.  

Your typical HOA busybody only IDing and asking the one black family whether they belong in the pool.  

8 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Your typical HOA busybody only IDing and asking the one black family whether they belong in the pool.  

I agree racism is potentially implicated. But, again, from that video alone I don't see how I could make a firm conclusion. People are assholes for all sorts of reasons that aren't inherently racist. He could just as easily be some asshole who is being over zealous in his role of "pool bouncer". If the guy was running around yelling racist things in the video I would view it differently. Instead, it seemed like he was just being a dick about it because someone dared question his authority. He deserves a good shunning. Losing his job seems a bit much.  

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I agree racism is potentially implicated. But, again, from that video alone I don't see how I could make a firm conclusion. People are assholes for all sorts of reasons that aren't inherently racist. He could just as easily be some asshole who is being over zealous in his role of "pool bouncer". If the guy was running around yelling racist things in the video I would view it differently. Instead, it seemed like he was just being a dick about it because someone dared question his authority. He deserves a good shunning. Losing his job seems a bit much.  

Sunoco is who his former employer was..... 

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Sunoco is who his former employer was..... 

Is this supposed to mean something to me? I was under the impression that his former employer and the pool gig were unrelated, is that not the case?

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Is this supposed to mean something to me? I was under the impression that his former employer and the pool gig were unrelated, is that not the case?

He was on the HOA Board and lives in the neighborhood.  He was Pool Chairman..... I mean a big position.  He doesn't work for the contracted lifeguard company.  He resigned from his HOA post and the HOA Board after incident.  Sunoco is/was his employer and he has been dismissed.  And it's Sonoco, not Sunoco.  Damn auto correct!

Going to guess this aside probably didn't sit well with the community....

The woman then told officers she had a keycard to get in the pool.

“OK, let’s validate that it works, then,” Bloom says in the video.

An officer scans the card across the reader, and it works.

Bloom then mentions the ID again and the officer says that the scanned card should be enough.

Moments later, the man tells a police officer that, “They kind of make their way around sometimes... but that’s good enough for me today.”

So, as a member of the HOA, would he know who is a member/have access? I have no idea how HOAs work, or how many people can be a part of an HOA, but I figured it was a smaller group of homes. As in, he would know the members.

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He was on the HOA Board and lives in the neighborhood.  He was Pool Chairman..... I mean a big position.  He doesn't work for the contracted lifeguard company.  He resigned from his HOA post and the HOA Board after incident.  Sunoco is/was his employer and he has been dismissed.  And it's Sonoco, not Sunoco.  Damn auto correct!

Going to guess this aside probably didn't sit well with the community....

I appreciate the clarification, but I guess I'm still confused as to what was implied when you named his employer. Sounds like he totally should have lost his position with the HOA. Glad to hear that he did. I'm still not convinced that video is evidence of racism rather than assholism and I still believe losing his job was a harsh punishment.  

Edited by Dahobbs

From a different article:

Vermitsky said the video doesn't capture the entire incident. Another board member first asked Edwards her address because she didn't recognize her. Edwards, however, gave an address on a street where homes weren't yet built, confusing the board member, Vermitsky said.

The member then asked Bloom to verify Edwards' address, and when she gave what appeared to be a different one, Bloom asked for her ID. (It was later determined that Edwards does reside at that address.)

The questioning eventually led Edwards to call what was happening racial profiling, and Bloom decided to dial police to allow a "neutral third party" to resolve the situation.

Vermitsky said Bloom is now getting death threats and had to leave his home with his wife and three children to a safe location. While Bloom's lawyer said that "racism ... is a pervasive problem in this country," his client was enforcing the rules "uniformly, without preference or prejudice."

So, as a member of the HOA, would he know who is a member/have access? I have no idea how HOAs work, or how many people can be a part of an HOA, but I figured it was a smaller group of homes. As in, he would know the members.
My association has 860 homes and there are plenty near us well over 1,000 homes.

I have to agree that it’s very likely as a HOA board member he probably thought he knew who were members and didn’t recognize her as a member.  And as a board member he prob felt compelled to enforce the rules. IE he wasn’t just being a buttinski.  I highly doubt he’d create a stink over someone he knew to be a member. 

Edited by Lhorn

14 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I appreciate the clarification, but I guess I'm still confused as to what was implied when you named his employer. Sounds like he totally should have lost his position with the HOA. Glad to hear that he did. I'm still not convinced that video is evidence of racism rather than assholism and I still believe losing his job was a harsh punishment.  

Sounds like you should take up your concerns with Sunoco. Maybe a strongly worded letter. 

On 7/4/2018 at 10:30 AM, YChang said:

And that’s becoming a recognized problem within some (especially younger gen) in the Asian community.

Just because you don’t see it or read about it, doesn’t mean everything is just fine. Sure there are some cultural reasons and historical context matters.

But when as a community you’re already perceived as foreign by some Americans ... you tend to keep quiet.

Unless Russian.

Then they try to influence e'ryone.

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Sounds like you should take up your concerns with Sunoco. Maybe a strongly worded letter. 

Hey, they can do what they want. And I'm totally for ostracizing those who demonstrate unacceptable behavior. But that video wasn't evidence of much. And it is a bit scary when the internet is used to almost criminalize awkward, but common social interactions. Well, except those interactions that happen only on the internet. Then, it is no holds-barred. 

Edited by Dahobbs

2 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

An apology in the moment probably would have went a very long way. But nope.

Or probably asking nicely..... Dude ruined his life because he thought he was Billy Badass at the local pool.... Of course, the person who originally complained is getting off free of any criticism....

On 7/4/2018 at 5:42 AM, Spankytoes said:

I think it’s more amazing that Asians, including Indians, don’t have the same vocal dissent despite representing 8% of the minority population. Especially with cops, who apparently don’t feel a perceived threat in their interactions for some unknown reason.

One of life’s mysteries I suppose. Perhaps this thread will help solve it.

It's not a mystery. Neither is your passive-aggressive nonsense. Get a spine and speak your mind.

Those key cards get “lost” all the time. There’s been 3-4 pools put in on our small street over the last 2 years, all of them complained the crowds drove them to drop the $$$. Needs to be a $500 fee for new card if yours gets “lost”.   

That said, dude is a dick. Wonder why she gave a fake address if she had a real one? Doesn’t make any sense. And death treats? What a country. 

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Of course, the person who originally complained is getting off free of any criticism....

According to the report I read they were unable to locate anyone that complained.

There’s been 3-4 pools put in on our small street over the last 2 years, all of them complained the crowds drove them to drop the $$$. Needs to be a $500 fee for new card if yours gets “lost”.

3 or 4 hoa pools put in on your small street in 2 years, or are your neighbors installing key card readers on their fence gates because of throngs of bleks just walking up?

13 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Don't start no shit won't be no shit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, naija said:

It's not a mystery. Neither is your passive-aggressive nonsense. Get a spine and speak your mind.

Passive aggressive? Can’t be. White people are racist against blacks as evidenced by the examples in this thread that are mostly sourced from agenda leaning publications/tweets that highlight one aspect of the full story. (Even Jews and light-skinned Latinos are white now) Especially cops, who apparently have no reason to be more on guard when dealing with a black suspect despite being at least 8X more likely to be shot during the encounter. The facts on racial breakdowns of crime are in themselves racist.

I spoke my mind earlier in the thread. I am apparently part of the racism problem in this country for pointing out the hypocrisy. It doesn’t matter that I agree that blacks have a right to be angry and will fight against a racist incident vehemently. Excusing a white person’s behavior in any way, while suggesting that the race card isn’t applicable in every situation to describe the encounter, is forbidden from my privileged position. The thought that “asshole doesn’t have an exclusive skin tone” doesn’t exist here.

This one is pretty good:

http://www.kmov.com/story/38586364/apartment-manager-fired-after-calling-police-on-man-wearing-socks-in-pool

Spoiler

(Meredith/WATN/CNN) - The manager at an apartment complex in Memphis was fired after she called the police on a tenant wearing socks in the community pool.

Camry Porter said she and her boyfriend were at the pool for less than 10 minutes when the manager approached them. The manager told Porter’s boyfriend to take off his socks and then asked the couple to leave when he didn’t comply.

Moments later, Porter said the manager left the pool area and called 911.

When a police officer eventually arrived at the apartment complex, Porter said the manager claimed the couple was "disturbing the peace."

"I pay rent like everyone else. I have never had any issues with a sock until today. Mind you we are the only black people out here and as soon as we walked up, she had something to say," Porter said in a video she posted to Facebook.

The Memphis native claimed the manager did not seem to have a clear explanation for what was proper pool attire.

"She said no hats, no shirts, no socks. We have two men who are her friends sitting here in two hats,” Porter said in her video. "Nothing was done to them. But as soon as we walk into the area, being the only black family, we're the only people you addressed at the time. That made me feel like it was racially motivated.”

"You can't treat people like that in this day and age. It's not right," she continued.

Porter's Facebook post has been shared more than 8,000 times. By Thursday afternoon, the corporate office for Riverset Apartments reached out to Porter and said the manager no longer worked there.

“After assessing statements from Ms. Porter and determining that this former employee’s actions violate our company’s policies and beliefs, she is no longer employed by Riverset Apartments,” the company said in a Facebook post.

16 hours ago, RPM said:

According to the report I read they were unable to locate anyone that complained.

Article a few posts above you says another board member asked him to verify her address. They both got different addresses from her so he called the cops. 

Some people take this HOA stuff way too seriously. We had a guy move into our neighborhood, get on the board and then start a bunch of crap over things that has been built outside of the architectural review boards oversight. It was a cluster.