Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

20 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Life is pretty easy to navigate through. Leave these people alone. If you get guilt tripped into buying Girl Scout cookies, you’ve helped a girl and get some Samoas. If you want to buy some lemonade at a stand by a 5-year old, do it or don’t. 

There is a serious element of grandstanding in these Permit Patty videos. If people really are concerned about real estate value going down, then call the police from your house, just as people do when unwanted solicitations occur in my neighborhood (of all types of people). Our cops will shoo them along elsewhere. If some black people are truly causing a disturbance at a pool, you might wanna get the disturbance on video before you get high and mighty. Or just realize they aren’t causing a disturbance, and self-evaluate before you call the police just because you’re a fucking HOA board member.

The problem is that when the cops are called the headline changes from “White lady harasses black kid” to “White cop harasses black kid”. It’s a no-win situation. The cop has to enforce the law, regardless of how ridiculous the law is. The race factor makes it “newsworthy” and it is tweeted out of context to make a point.

Personally, IDGAF is someone is vending in my neighborhood. It’s an honest living, especially for kids. The ladies trying to stop it are bitches.

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:
6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:
She should have kept walking, she seems cunty. Maybe he just doesn’t have anything better do? Would have been a lot less bitch like to walk to the woman and say, “why not leave her alone?” “There’s no reason to call the cops, chill”.  Instead let’s video and heckle (while fucking up the clever phrase)  
Intentionally trying to get someone viral and fired from their jobs for doing something minor that you disagree seems meek, and weak to me. He should have just handled it like a normal person.  That dude certain she was speaking to the police? Any backstory (maybe the gypsy fucked her over before) that he’s aware of?  Nope. Hey y’all, let’s get this one fired!!  What a bitch. 

Read more  

So you claim to think that both people were bitches who should have just left the situation alone. Both of them are threatening a stranger's ability to make a living when it's really none of their business. Yet you're only angry at and talking shit about one of them. Any reason why that might be?

I’m pretty sure I said one was a cunt and the other a bitch. Both stupid imo. And she lost her job, so all is well with the world again. 

We got a new one.  Bonus for the dude shaking his ass of while calling the cops on the mean old middle aged black lady.

https://www.statesman.com/news/national/cvs-apologizes-after-white-manager-called-police-black-woman-using-coupon/LbsJ8mxRtgWgygzGxxNAMP/

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

42 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

^^^ Log Cabin Republican/Trumpkin too lol.

I guess we can thank the Starbux Bruh's for kickstarting this hilarious movement.

Actually Starbucks manager and the racists cops who could have been more professional but I see where you’re going with it.

1 hour ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

We got a new one.  Bonus for the dude shaking his ass of while calling the cops on the mean old middle aged black lady.

https://www.statesman.com/news/national/cvs-apologizes-after-white-manager-called-police-black-woman-using-coupon/LbsJ8mxRtgWgygzGxxNAMP/

So this guy is fully able right? It’s ok to laugh at him? If he has developmental issues then I can understand and apologies for the following, but if he is “normal” then fuck him; if I suspect fraud as an employee that is severe enough to call the cops, I’m not going to shake. I have the moral authority, I know I did nothing wrong. But if I’m being a little bitch like this dude, and go run into the back office cause I’m called out as a racist (and moron for calling cops on a coupon?!!), then I shake. 

Dude should be fired for incompetence, not so much his racism. If he can’t handle a calm but upset customer, why do I want him doing customer service? I’ve seen PISSED off people at Walgreens, DReade, etc. this guy sucks at his job.

35 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

According to the article, allegations were that she wasn’t calm or cool or collected, but agitated and slamming doors and yelling. I suspect that is part of the equation in most of these cop callings that aren’t busy body people harassing street vendors, like with the guy who refused to swim in a public pool without his socks. They push back, then the managers push back, then one or both parties get agitated and snarky, then it escalated emotionally and the white person gets scared to the point of literally shaking in his boots lol

Oh hadn’t seen that she was anything other than calm, least she was reported as calm in the first article I saw. Was there more info? Hadn’t seen that, my bad. I’ll go look in a sec. Still, were those antics after the video? Unless someone has a gun on you or trying to kill you or something like that, toughen the fuck up. See someone yelling and you shake like that in a customer service role?! Sorry state of manhood right there

Just now, achooloco said:

Oh hadn’t seen that she was anything other than calm, least she was reported as calm in the first article I saw. Was there more info? 

There's the problem. You are getting one side of the story.

Frankly, everyone other than me is an asshole and needs to fuck off with this bullshit. Stop calling the cops on trivial shit. Stop escalating the situation for fake internet fame. 

Everyone fuck off.

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

According to the article, allegations were that she wasn’t calm or cool or collected, but agitated and slamming doors and yelling. I suspect that is part of the equation in most of these cop callings that aren’t busy body people harassing street vendors, like with the guy who refused to swim in a public pool without his socks. They push back, then the managers push back, then one or both parties get agitated and snarky, then it escalated emotionally and the white person gets scared to the point of literally shaking in his boots lol

39 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Oh hadn’t seen that she was anything other than calm, least she was reported as calm in the first article I saw. Was there more info? Hadn’t seen that, my bad. I’ll go look in a sec. Still, were those antics after the video? Unless someone has a gun on you or trying to kill you or something like that, toughen the fuck up. See someone yelling and you shake like that in a customer service role?! Sorry state of manhood right there

37 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Frankly, everyone other than me is an asshole and needs to fuck off with this bullshit. Stop calling the cops on trivial shit. Stop escalating the situation for fake internet fame. 

Everyone fuck off.

from USA today it was the managers going hysterical, "slamming a door in her face, telling her to leave the store and ultimately, calling police twice on Friday night." In the lady's words from a fox affiliate, obviously not an unbiased source, "I was not yelling, I did not raise my voice, I did not use profanity, I did not call anyone outside of their name -- other than not accepting, basically, ‘Screw you,’ that was my offense, if you will." Read 5 articles, including foxnews and none said she was doing anything improper, perhaps y'all read their actions and thought it was about the customer? I'm open to seeing more info (the other side of the story)come out but see nothing about her NOT being calm, cool, or collected.

3 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

^^^ Log Cabin Republican/Trumpkin too lol.

I guess we can thank the Starbux Bruh's for kickstarting this hilarious movement.

Dude is running for Alderman (City Council) in Chicago to boot.  Just who I want representing me, a trembling gay Republican who works at a freaking CVS, with a history of petition fraud to top things off.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2018/07/14/cvs-apologizes-after-white-manager-calls-cops-on-black-customer-over-coupon-video/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Everyone fuck off.

That’s the part that gets me ragey. There are so many judgments being cast from a 55 second clip and one side of the story. The PC side is to automatically default to white guy + black lady = racism. Case closed. We have no clue what transpired before the video clip. If I am getting aggravated by someone, especially when I know that I’m in the right, my passive-aggressiveness comes out and my tone changes. (The lady exhibited this in the clip a bit too) The guy was shaking throughout the clip. Maybe it’s because he was angry, or scared or has a condition. Maybe it’s exactly what the lady claims it to be. Of course the employer is going to apologize. You don’t take chances on your bottom line when a hollow apology solves the problem. Firing the offending employees had to be done lest the apology be proven to be hollow. The employees are expendable.

There’s nothing in that video that would violate FB’s TOS. One conclusion that could be drawn is that she wasn’t as calm and collected as she is claiming. (At least in reporting the incident on social media) It seems odd that the manager would call the cops on what he allegedly thought was a fake coupon. Something was escalated somewhere, maybe even by the manager himself. I don’t know where the correlation is between potential fake coupon and racism is though.

Edited by Spankytoes

12 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Why did this start up a few months ago?  Is there something going on in the conservative blogosphere/talk radio universe.  Was it always going on and we just not see it?

It’s always been there. It’s just now sensationalized to the point where any interaction between a white person and a black person is automatically deemed as having racial undertones and I’m just too white and stubborn to realize it because of my “privledge”. It’s become the definition of yellow journalism, or I’ll hold my nose and say it, “Fake News”. The BLM movement boosted things into the spotlight like the #metoo movement came from a place of good and devolved into a witch hunt against all men telling a woman that she’s looks nice today. We gloss over all the false accusations thrown around because it detracts the message for the true victims. Just like suggesting that not all interactions are racist, and that racism itself is not institutionalized in society, somehow implies that racism on an individual level doesn’t exist. At the heart of it, the story is “Lady gets angry with CVS manager and films the aftermath” which is not nearly as interesting of a headline. What’s more interesting is the number of interactions between white and black people daily vs. the number of “stories” of possible racism reported. Even if we agree that 100% of these clips dealt with racist pricks, the stats do not support that this is a “hug your children a little closer” issue. The videos show us nothing beyond someone’s interpretation of the data, which is faulty at best.

Edited by Spankytoes

Well this one was more lady tries to use a coupon, manager thinks it's fake, lady gets mad at manager, manager calls police on lady because she's mad that he won't take her coupon and won't leave. The question is more would this manager have called the police on a white lady who got mad over not being able to use a coupon and wouldn't leave? Somehow I doubt it. 

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well this one was more lady tries to use a coupon, manager thinks it's fake, lady gets mad at manager, manager calls police on lady because she's mad that he won't take her coupon and won't leave. The question is more would this manager have called the police on a white lady who got mad over not being able to use a coupon and wouldn't leave? Somehow I doubt it. 

And that’s your right to believe that. But, it’s all speculative. I would argue that the manager may have been on a bit of a power trip and the race of the customer was completely irrelevant to the situation. We don’t know why the cops were called. Maybe the lady was being unruly and asked to leave but refused. (It was mentioned that she had to leave or be arrested for trespassing) Maybe a threat of violence was made. Or maybe the manager is just an idiot and thought the cops could intercede on his behalf on a civil matter. Simply inserting a white lady into the situation doesn’t prove the allegation that racism had anything to do with it. It’s the shoe bomber effect. Some dipshit tries to get through TSA with a shoe bomb and now millions of Americans are inconvenienced at the airport despite decades of flying with that potential threat that never came to fruition. Racism has happened, and it has been documented on video, therefore it’s applicable to any mold we can shoehorn the situation into. I don’t buy into that theory.

Looks like ol' Shakey Gayves got fired:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/business/cvs-coupon-manager-black-woman-police.html

CVS Health fired two employees at a Chicago area store on Monday, just days after a black woman posted a video that she said showed one of them — a white man — calling the police after she tried to use a coupon they believed to be fraudulent.

The drugstore company also said it had apologized to the woman, Camilla Hudson.

In a post with the video on Facebook, Ms. Hudson said that the confrontation involved two managers during her visit to the store on Friday night.

She said she had tried to make a purchase with a coupon mailed to her by the product manufacturer, but a manager said he thought it was fake. Her photo of the coupon showed a December 2018 expiration date and indicated it was good for up to $17.99 toward a personal medical item.

Eventually, she said, the manager walked away, and when she followed him “he ran to the back of the store and slammed a door in my face.” Then, she said, another manager arrived to tell her to leave because he had called the police.

The video shows an employee, who identifies himself to the police as Morry Matson, on the phone describing Ms. Hudson, as his arm shakes.

In a statement, the Chicago Police said officers responded late Friday to a call of an “assault in progress” at the CVS.

14 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

And that’s your right to believe that. But, it’s all speculative. I would argue that the manager may have been on a bit of a power trip and the race of the customer was completely irrelevant to the situation. We don’t know why the cops were called. Maybe the lady was being unruly and asked to leave but refused. (It was mentioned that she had to leave or be arrested for trespassing) Maybe a threat of violence was made. Or maybe the manager is just an idiot and thought the cops could intercede on his behalf on a civil matter. Simply inserting a white lady into the situation doesn’t prove the allegation that racism had anything to do with it. It’s the shoe bomber effect. Some dipshit tries to get through TSA with a shoe bomb and now millions of Americans are inconvenienced at the airport despite decades of flying with that potential threat that never came to fruition. Racism has happened, and it has been documented on video, therefore it’s applicable to any mold we can shoehorn the situation into. I don’t buy into that theory.

Bullshit rant that basically says I will believe it is anything but racism even when racism is the most probable explanation. Totally unexpected. But, I do agree with part of the premise, not everything is racism (see my earlier posts about the pool guy). And I do not think this was a I hate black people sort of a racism, but more the subconcious kind of racism that manifests itself as being more likely to call the cops when confronted with an angry black person than an angry white person. 

Edited by Dahobbs

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Bullshit rant that basically says I will believe it is anything but racism even when racism is the most probable explanation. Totally unexpected. But, I do agree with part of the premise, not everything is racism (see my earlier posts about the pool guy). And I do not think this was a I hate black people sort of a racism, but more the subconcious kind of racism that manifests itself as being more likely to call the cops when confronted with an angry black person than an angry white person. 

No, I have acknowledged many times that racism absolutely does exist on a individual level. (See pretty much every one of my earlier posts on this topic) I do, however, take issue with racism being described as the “most probable explanation”. Based solely on the 55 second clip posted, which only shows a portion of the exchange and not the events leading up to it, what part are you attributing as racist? I’m not seeing it. All I can gather is that the black lady’s side of the story, coupled with the notion of subconscious racism, and reported by a news source seeking readers rather than the nobility of an altruistic expose, has influenced your opinion. You could be dead on in your assessment. The fact that it’s the default answer based on next to nothing in the way of information is what my “bullshit rant” is based upon. I fundamentally disagree with that opinion. Not because I am claiming that racism is not a possible explanation, but rather that it’s the ONLY explanation and anyone that is “woke” or sympathetic to the plight of black people would realize that. You are essentially making a religious argument based on faith rather than facts, of which there are few known beyond the racial makeup of the parties. You can point to evidence to build an argument but the emotional aspect heavily influences how that evidence is applied.

And I absolutely believe that “anything but racism” should apply to these situations unless evidence supports the claim. Apparently, you subscribe to the guilty until proven innocent theory when it applies to social injustice. I disagree.

Edited by Spankytoes

15 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

No, I have acknowledged many times that racism absolutely does exist on a individual level. (See pretty much every one of my earlier posts on this topic) I do, however, take issue with racism being described as the “most probable explanation”. Based solely on the 55 second clip posted, which only shows a portion of the exchange and not the events leading up to it, what part are you attributing as racist? I’m not seeing it. All I can gather is that the black lady’s side of the story, coupled with the notion of subconscious racism, and reported by a news source seeking readers rather than the nobility of an altruistic expose, has influenced your opinion. You could be dead on in your assessment. The fact that it’s the default answer based on next to nothing in the way of information is what my “bullshit rant” is based upon. I fundamentally disagree with that opinion. Not because I am claiming that racism is not a possible explanation, but rather that it’s the ONLY explanation and anyone that is “woke” or sympathetic to the plight of black people would realize that. You are essentially making a religious argument based on faith rather than facts, of which there are few known beyond the racial makeup of the parties. You can point to evidence to build an argument but the emotional aspect heavily influences how that evidence is applied.

And I absolutely believe that “anything but racism” should apply to these situations unless evidence supports the claim. Apparently, you subscribe to the guilty until proven innocent theory when it applies to social injustice. I disagree.

You have only been willing to acknowledge that the explicit racist exist, i.e., the David Dukes of the world. You refuse to acknowledge that any other sort of racism can exist, largely because you feel it is somehow an insult to you as a white man.  As to looking at the story objectively based on facts, think about this, every article that has covered the interaction has included the following information:

(1) a video of the black woman calmly, but forcefully, talking to the white manager, who was visibly shaking while calling the police;

(2) a description of the event that included at least some people associated with CVS being visibly angry (banging tables) and lashing out at the black woman;

(3) CVS suspending two of the people associated with the event;

(4) CVS apologizing to the woman; and importantly, 

(5) literally no suggestion from anyone at all that black woman was aggressive, violent, or acted in any inappropriate way.

Despite this being our universe of evidence, your belief is that it is at least as likely (or more likely) that the black woman was being "unruly" or "making threats" as that racism had any role to play in the encounter. That is based entirely on your own biased belief about black people. Let me be clear, I'm not saying you are intentionally racist. I am saying that, like me, you have a subconscious bias or fear of black people. But you view accepting the existence of that bias as an attack on you as a person, so you refuse to acknowledge the possibility. But the truth is that it probably isn't your fault--the sort of pattern recognition that our minds engage in to create this type of bias is completely normal. But what is your fault is your unwillingness to confront and acknowledge your own fears and biases and how they influence your perception of the world. I hope one day you're able to see it. Because the world will be better place if you (and others) do. 

Oh, and another piece of evidence, the statesmen updated its article:

“We have completed our investigation, and as a result, the two colleagues who were involved are no longer employed by CVS Health,” Mike DeAngelis, CVS Health spokesman, said in an email. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

I don't know, she says the manager ran to the back of the store and slammed a door in her face. If he ran, she must've ran after him to get the door slammed in his face. It was that hot pursuit that likely got him all shakey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

And now, a white guy calling the cops after an aggressive screen in a pickup hoops game. 

Not everybody who does these ticky tack police calls is female...but they're definitely all bitches.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2018/7/17/17581172/cops-called-foul-pickup-basketball-game

DiTwjHdVMAA6Y70.jpg

So I am the guy with the arm sleeves. Yea I thought calling the cops was over the top. But lets back up for a sec, the play before he decided to push me in the back on a drive, then called me a "B" for not calling the foul… So yea, the next play down, I checked him with the screen that he flopped to the ground… It was a bit tit for tat but if you are going to play that way, then you have to expect it to come back around.

Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.

Who is the bitch now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

And now, a white guy calling the cops after an aggressive screen in a pickup hoops game. 

Not everybody who does these ticky tack police calls is female...but they're definitely all bitches.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2018/7/17/17581172/cops-called-foul-pickup-basketball-game

DiTwjHdVMAA6Y70.jpg

Well, they were playing "call your own" rules

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

DiTwjHdVMAA6Y70.jpg

Who the fuck calls fouls? Sack up pussy. You get fucked up on a hard screen throw it back next time down the court and then hit a shot in his face. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

It's the extra muscle in their fish-shins.

I sort of misspoke. I said "darker" fish when what I really meant was the colored ones chasing the silver/white ones. Still the same with the shins? The way the coloreds can swim?

8 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

You have only been willing to acknowledge that the explicit racist exist, i.e., the David Dukes of the world. You refuse to acknowledge that any other sort of racism can exist, largely because you feel it is somehow an insult to you as a white man.  As to looking at the story objectively based on facts, think about this, every article that has covered the interaction has included the following information:

(1) a video of the black woman calmly, but forcefully, talking to the white manager, who was visibly shaking while calling the police;

(2) a description of the event that included at least some people associated with CVS being visibly angry (banging tables) and lashing out at the black woman;

(3) CVS suspending two of the people associated with the event;

(4) CVS apologizing to the woman; and importantly, 

(5) literally no suggestion from anyone at all that black woman was aggressive, violent, or acted in any inappropriate way.

Despite this being our universe of evidence, your belief is that it is at least as likely (or more likely) that the black woman was being "unruly" or "making threats" as that racism had any role to play in the encounter. That is based entirely on your own biased belief about black people. Let me be clear, I'm not saying you are intentionally racist. I am saying that, like me, you have a subconscious bias or fear of black people. But you view accepting the existence of that bias as an attack on you as a person, so you refuse to acknowledge the possibility. But the truth is that it probably isn't your fault--the sort of pattern recognition that our minds engage in to create this type of bias is completely normal. But what is your fault is your unwillingness to confront and acknowledge your own fears and biases and how they influence your perception of the world. I hope one day you're able to see it. Because the world will be better place if you (and others) do. 

Oh, and another piece of evidence, the statesmen updated its article:

You are so far off the mark that I’m not quite sure where to begin.

For starters, you are categorically wrong about my willingness to accept racism as an explanation. If you want evidence of this, go back and read the Starbucks thread. I’ll sum up my position for you: Based on all the facts, the motivation behind that incident was clearly an example of racism.

Second, you’re talking out of both sides of your mouth. Let’s put aside your psychoanalysis of my thought process based on my internet postings for a second. Explain to me the difference between a law abiding black man perceiving that a white man is treating him as a criminal and a white man being insulted that someone is wrongly accusing his actions of being racist? They are the EXACT same thing. You are simply choosing to give the black guy the benefit of the doubt because you believe racism is prevalent in a white guy’s multicultural dealings as a default. Therefore the likely result is racism, facts be damned unless he can meet your arbitrary threshold to prove otherwise. I can’t support you there. Perhaps I’m simply more tolerant than you are? I honestly can’t recall a single instance where a person’s race drove my actions or decisions in personal dealings. (At least in a negative way) I suppose avoiding certain neighborhoods for my personal safety may fit in that category, albeit, I wouldn’t classify that as “racist”. I have stereotyped people based on how they look, dress and talk but that isn’t exclusive towards black people. I can, however, recall many instances where I was conscience of a person’s race before speaking in an effort to avoid an innocent comment being misconstrued as racist. I’ve certainly fallen victim to that one before.

As for your Hardy Boy’s recap of what likely occurred, I’ve already expounded on it once. So I’ll just post the shorthand version this time: 55 second video clip of the interaction without context of the build up, woman was asked to leave by police or be charged for trespassing (race of the Chicago police, who she praised for doing their job; unknown), woman’s post was removed by Facebook for violating an unspecified TOS despite her claim that she was cool, calm and collected, only the lady’s side of the story has been provided, story appears in a newspaper that cares more about attracting readers than getting the objective truth, employees were fired by CVS because of the nature of the accusation to protect their bottom line. Despite all of this, it is still possible that racism was the motivating factor. We simply don’t have enough unbiased information to make that determination. The only thing this proves is that a story about a black store manager treating a white lady like shit won’t get the same attention as a white store manager treating a black lady like shit because only the latter ever occurs and is considered newsworthy.

Edited by Spankytoes

Well, what do you know? 

http://www.businessinsider.com/cvs-fires-employees-filmed-calling-911-on-black-woman-2018-7

Hudson, however, has denied making threats and said the ordeal was over a manufacturer coupon that she thought was legitimate.

Wait, why was this little tidbit glossed over in the coverage? Wasn’t the whole argument with the CVS employees about an alleged fake coupon that an employee identified as fraudulent and refused to attempt to scan that set her off? This sentence would imply that the coupon she tried to use WAS indeed fraudulent. For some reason, the story doesn’t definitively confirm this and the headline states that the employees accused her of using a counterfeit coupon...which she apparently was. Perhaps the usage of a fraudulent coupon manufactured in MS paint, whether intentional or not, was the root cause of the issue rather than the race of the customer or the employees, which the reporting sources found it important to point out. And perhaps the lady wasn’t as calm and collected as she claimed to be when denied usage of the obviously fake coupon. (Another story states that her FB post was taken down for “hate language”, which to be fair, is subjective and not necessarily indicative of her attitude) And perhaps the employee called 911 because he was being verbally assaulted/harassed instead of fearing the wrath of an angry lady, pardon me, an angry BLACK lady. (For which he is in the wrong) The threats may have been an embellishment of the story or may have actually occurred. I’ll give the lady the benefit of the doubt.

Well, at least 2 more racists are out of the workforce now to appease social justice. We can all sleep a little better tonight.

What’s your take @Dahobbs or @mdmost? What part of the story should we shoehorn unconscience bias into now that we have more facts about the incident? My money’s on when the cops were called because she is black which a verbally aggressive white guy would have gotten away with because he’s on the home team. Maybe if the news would report the actual fucking news instead of widening our racial divide to make a buck we could start healing as a country. As long as people keep buying into the bullshit because they need to feel victimized, or enable those that do, it’s a lost cause.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

What needs to happen is that LA Fitness or whatever it is needs to cancel that guy's membership. Fuck bringing an armed police officer into my business because you think you got fouled you pussy.

In his defense it was a really hard foul......

27 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Well, what do you know? 

http://www.businessinsider.com/cvs-fires-employees-filmed-calling-911-on-black-woman-2018-7

Hudson, however, has denied making threats and said the ordeal was over a manufacturer coupon that she thought was legitimate.

Wait, why was this little tidbit glossed over in the coverage? Wasn’t the whole argument with the CVS employees about an alleged fake coupon that an employee identified as fraudulent and refused to attempt to scan that set her off? This sentence would imply that the coupon she tried to use WAS indeed fraudulent. For some reason, the story doesn’t definitively confirm this and the headline states that the employees accused her of using a counterfeit coupon...which she apparently was. Perhaps the usage of a fraudulent coupon manufactured in MS paint, whether intentional or not, was the root cause of the issue rather than the race of the customer or the employees, which the reporting sources found it important to point out. And perhaps the lady wasn’t as calm and collected as she claimed to be when denied usage of the obviously fake coupon. (Another story states that her FB post was taken down for “hate language”, which to be fair, is subjective and not necessarily indicative of her attitude) And perhaps the employee called 911 because he was being verbally assaulted/harassed instead of fearing the wrath of an angry lady, pardon me, an angry BLACK lady. (For which he is in the wrong) The threats may have been an embellishment of the story or may have actually occurred. I’ll give the lady the benefit of the doubt.

Well, at least 2 more racists are out of the workforce now to appease social justice. We can all sleep a little better tonight.

What’s your take @Dahobbs or @mdmost? What part of the story should we shoehorn unconscience bias into now that we have more facts about the incident? My money’s on when the cops were called because she is black which a verbally aggressive white guy would have gotten away with because he’s on the home team. Maybe if the news would report the actual fucking news instead of widening our racial divide to make a buck we could start healing as a country. As long as people keep buying into the bullshit because they need to feel victimized, or enable those that do, it’s a lost cause.

Yeah, I'm not buying the fake coupon story. Blacks don't use computers.

But it wasn't glossed over in the original article from Block Club. Somewhere else, maybe the original Chicago Tribune article, she said she received the coupon from the manufacturer because of a defective product and was told she could use it at CVS. At the CVS, they accused her of forging it which is a pretty strange thing to accuse a customer of doing over a $17.99 box of Depends. That's where it all went downhill. If you can't diffuse an angry customer, you're just a shitty manager. If you accuse a customer of being a fraud over a coupon, you're just a fucking idiot.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:
But it wasn't glossed over in the original article from Block Club. Somewhere else, maybe the original Chicago Tribune article, she said she received the coupon from the manufacturer because of a defective product and was told she could use it at CVS. At the CVS, they accused her of forging it which is a pretty strange thing to accuse a customer of doing over a $17.99 box of Depends. That's where it all went downhill. If you can't diffuse an angry customer, you're just a shitty manager. If you accuse a customer of being a fraud over a coupon, you're just a fucking idiot.

I completely disagree that it wasn’t glossed over, and c’mon, you know that it was. In the article I posted it is buried in the story without any clear outcome as to whether the coupon was legit or fake. (And look at the definitive headline) The main focus was “white manager”, “black lady” and “couponing while black”. The entire point of the story is how wronged this lady was simply because she tried to use a coupon and the ensuing escalation to the point where the police were involved all because of the color of her skin. Posting a picture of the coupon, which was accused of being fraudulent, puts the nature of the claim into context. The lady has posted a picture of the coupon on her FB account:

b33df0534fc2e861637e4c6e7fbaf485.jpg

Something isn’t adding up though. In one story, per your post, she claims to have received the coupon from the manufacturer. However, in the story I posted, she claims that she thought the coupon was legitimate. Why would you question the legitimacy of a coupon that you claim to have received directly from the manufacturer? Just another example of not taking articles at face value. The same article I posted/assertion appears on multiple other sources’ websites too.

I 100% agree that the guy is a shitty manager. Fraudulent or not, that’s not how Customer Service is handled. But, I can also see how the amateurish look of the coupon claiming to take $17.99, a considerable sum, off an unnamed adult diaper product could raise an eyebrow from someone working retail. Being shitty at your job, however, doesn’t in any way default to racism, which is why any news outlet bothered wasting ink on the non-story. Enough boxes were checked off to run with it.

This “viral story” was coincidentally reported by a small Chicago newspaper, which happens to be the city where the incident occurred, and is a SJW publication covering Chicago’s diverse neighborhoods according to their website. And the viral video, which the lady took herself, was posted on at least 2 social media platforms that we know about multiple times. Perhaps the opportunity to have her 15 minutes, as evidenced by the self promotion, while exacting revenge may have played a role in things. The small newspaper got exposure and the lady got her fame and glory, an apology from CVS and the workers that crossed her fired. (Albeit, they deserved it for non-racial related reasons if the account of events is accurate) There is no doubt in my mind that she saw racism as the cause. 

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Well, what do you know? 

That I am right. You are looking for anything other than racism and will find it, even if it only exists by a crumb of implication. You may be a lost cause. I do not know. I hope that you are not.

Edited by Dahobbs

According to the video in this story, the coupon was legitimate and the CVS manager never scanned it. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/16/black-woman-cvs-manager-called-police-coupon/787389002/

Look the manager may be the least racist person in the world. I don't know if he's a racist. I do know he seems very scared of an angry black lady and if the thought is to accuse her of forging a coupon without doing due diligence then you're going to look like a racist for not only calling her a fraud but then doubling down and calling the police on her. I truly think his shaking was him realizing the massive shitstorm her video was about to bring down on his world. So yeah, he chose really poorly. Is he a racist, who knows? I'd imagine this lady was tired of being shit on by white people. Probably tired of being suspected of being a criminal by white people. And now the cell phone camera is her weapon to document what she feels is unfair treatment. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That I am right. You are looking for anything other than racism and will find it, even if it only exists by a crumb of implication. You may be a lost cause. I do not know. I hope that you are not.

Thanks. You saved me a lot of time in the future.

10 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

There was a black dude in my complex pool yesterday.  Didn't call the cops but was concerned if he could swim or not. 

You didn't call police simply because he was black - not racist.

You think because he's black, maybe he can't swim - racist

You were concerned that he might drown but did nothing to prevent it - racist.

Sorry bro, you are 2/3 racist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I read it in the original article.....

14 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Thanks. You saved me a lot of time in the future.

I am not sure what you mean. You took one part of one sentence and made it your whole justification for everything. I do not understand how you do not see the problem with that. There was nothing actually saying any of the negative things you are implying.