Detroit Police Punch

Neonmoon

WTF. That’s what some drunk asshole does to somebody talking shit to his girl. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a cop just deck somebody for no apparent reason. Doesn’t matter at all what happened before they started filming. If he needed to be arrested, those cops very easily could’ve grabbed and cuffed him. But the fact they just walk away afterwards kinda proves they had zero reason to even touch him, let alone knock his ass out.

Form was pretty good but let's be honest, it was easy to land square because the guy was looking at the other cop when he threw it.

And yes, I'd love to hear what unknown aspects of the story would make that behavior acceptable. Please give some examples, @Revolution512, @Cheeseweasel, and @BabaYaga. What previous details would make the officer's actions acceptable?

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Form was pretty good but let's be honest, it was easy to land square because the guy was looking at the other cop when he threw it.

And yes, I'd love to hear what unknown aspects of the story would make that behavior acceptable. Please give some examples, @Revolution512, @Cheeseweasel, and @BabaYaga. What previous details would make the officer's actions acceptable?

Dude fucked his sister in the pooper?

• Haha 2

I mean that would be funny but you're perfectly aware it's still unacceptable for a police officer. The point is that there's nothing that could make that behavior acceptable for a police officer. If the guy who got punched had done something illegal that warranted getting KTFO then the officers should have arrested him.

Rev's post was absurd because there's nothing that could make it acceptable and pos-repping it was embarrassing.

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean that would be funny but you're perfectly aware it's still unacceptable for a police officer. The point is that there's nothing that could make that behavior acceptable for a police officer. If the guy who got punched had done something illegal that warranted getting KTFO then the officers should have arrested him.

Rev's post was absurd because there's nothing that could make it acceptable and pos-repping it was embarrassing.

Any person making assumptions without all of the facts is a complete moron. Why the rush to judgement? Do I expect their to be justifiable evidence? Not really but that video was chopped for a reason so let’s see what else took place.

Punch a female in the face? I’m fine with a guy getting leveled for that. Point is, I have no idea what happened prior and I’d like to see more.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Any person making assumptions without all of the facts is a complete moron. Why the rush to judgement? Do I expect their to be justifiable evidence? Not really but that video was chopped for a reason so let’s see what else took place.

Punch a female in the face? I’m fine with a guy getting leveled for that. Point is, I have no idea what happened prior and I’d like to see more.

You avoided the question.

Name what could have happened previously that would have made what was in the video acceptable for a police officer. If that were a citizen knocking another citizen out then there are plenty of things that could have happened to justify the punch. But it wasn't.

Any person saying it's acceptable for a police officer to punch a citizen like that in that situation is a complete moron.

• Hook 'Em 7

I didn’t avoid anything, the video is rolling for a reason. Nobody has their phone ready to roll unless they see a situation escalating. He’s backing up, with his hands up, for a reason. Let’s see what it is. 

Cops say they were assaulted. Vague bullshit, typically. They didn’t arrest him, that we know of, so there’s a lot to explain there as well.  

3 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

He’s backing up, with his hands up, for a reason. Let’s see what it is. 

Probably has alot to do with being a black man in America. The pig fucking clocked him while he was clearly not physically threatening them, in case you didn't notice.

But it is funny to see the bootlickers line up with their shine boxes, just like clockwork.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

Is it okay to want to know what happened? Asking for you.

Yes. It's just not okay to act like it's reasonable to withhold judgment on the officer's actions before knowing what else happened. Did you think that was a good point? Asking for people with critical thinking skills.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes. It's just not okay to act like it's reasonable to withhold judgment on the officer's actions before knowing what else happened. Did you think that was a good point? Asking for people with critical thinking skills.

I didn't see anybody do that, I just saw a poster say he wanted to see the rest of the story and you jumped all over another poster that repped that post. I want to see the rest of the story also but I wanted to check with you first.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is where I am. Cops shouldn't be able to punch you when you're not aggressive.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If that cops woke up with a broken knuckle or even a sore hand, I bet he had no problem filing a workplace injury report. 

As well he should. Untreated broken bones can be a real problem.

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Probably has alot to do with being a black man in America. The pig fucking clocked him while he was clearly not physically threatening them, in case you didn't notice.

But it is funny to see the bootlickers line up with their shine boxes, just like clockwork.

“Probably”………Just so I’m clear, you could tell from that video that he wasn’t previously threatening them prior to retreating? 

14 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

“Probably”………Just so I’m clear, you could tell from that video that he wasn’t previously threatening them prior to retreating? 

The dude was clearly faking it WWF-style. He took the hit like a European soccer player.

17 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

It doesn't matter if he was previously threatening him. He was backing away. Literally nothing that came before justifies that punch. Nothing.

If that was non-LEO? Fine, sometimes dudes deserve to get punched. You're wearing the literal and metaphorical armor of the state? NOPE

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Legally -- and since we're talking about cops, that's what matters -- it generally doesn't matter what he did or said prior to retreating.  Because see, the thing is, HE WAS RETREATING AT THE TIME THE OFFICER USED VIOLENT FORCE AGAINST HIM.

If you pointed a gun at a cop for 10 minutes, he might be legally justified to shoot you any of those 10 minutes.  But once you drop the gun, he is NOT legally justified in shooting you.  See how the timeline matters?

If you use force against someone who represents a threat in real-time, it is often justified.  If you use force against someone who 1) WAS a threat, but 2) isn't a threat any longer, than that's just vengeance.  And that is not a legitimate use of force.

So, the reason that people negged you is because your question doesn't fucking matter.  It doesn't matter what he did before.  He could have described, in graphic detail, how he raped the cop's kid sister.  He could have brandished and then dropped a weapon.  It doesn't matter.  Once he is retreating, he isn't a threat, and that is the ONLY basis a cop can have for using force -- to take out a threat, or to effectuate an arrest against an actively resisting suspect (so, someone who, by their resistance, is a real-time threat).  

The bootlickers are freaking addicted to cop boots or something.  I don't get it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1