Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame.

crash_davis

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

Quick solution: Slide over. Mom gets the window, Dad takes the middle. Tell the guy to like it or lump it.

Dad's as tall as I am (6'4) and at his age, needs (and specifically paid for) an isle seat to stretch those long getaway sticks.  No way he can fit into a middle seat.  Bad knees, etc.  

max berry got 60 days. the last bolded part is probably the most important. the internet never forgets. we all do stupid shit. hopefully none of us take stupid to this level. the 60 days will come and go. he may be jobless for a long ass while. i almost feel sorry for him. almost.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-assaulted-flight-attendants-duct-taped-frontier-flight/story?id=84468625

A 23-year-old man featured in a video that went viral after he groped two flight attendants, punched a third, screamed his parents had $2 million and was duct taped to a seat of a Frontier Airlines flight was sentenced Tuesday to 60 days in jail followed by one year of supervised release.

"Due to the tremendous media attention that this case garnered, Max's efforts to find a job utilizing his recently obtained college degree in finance economics were futile, as he was constantly being denied positions that he was applying for in the finance world and elsewhere without an explanation," Berry's attorney wrote in court documents.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

max berry got 60 days. the last bolded part is probably the most important. the internet never forgets. we all do stupid shit. hopefully none of us take stupid to this level. the 60 days will come and go. he may be jobless for a long ass while. i almost fell sorry for him. almost.

I don't.  Like I've said before; an airplane is a special place.  Anywhere else you have the ability to remove yourself from the chaos.  On a plane you are by in large stuck sometimes for hours in bad situation in a small cramped place.   99% of the flying public has figured out how to behave; if you can't then flying just isn't right for you.  There are simply way too many people that see airlines and flying as a public utility.  It is not and the quicker and bigger examples we make of jackassery the sooner this shit will decline.    Then the rest of us can go back to sucking down our drinks and watching our movies in peace.

And as far as that phobic kick off.  The only thing I'm shocked at is that it didn't even start with a mask issue.  Thank god that's at least taken out of the equation right now.

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 4

57 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

max berry got 60 days. the last bolded part is probably the most important. the internet never forgets. we all do stupid shit. hopefully none of us take stupid to this level. the 60 days will come and go. he may be jobless for a long ass while. i almost feel sorry for him. almost.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-assaulted-flight-attendants-duct-taped-frontier-flight/story?id=84468625

A 23-year-old man featured in a video that went viral after he groped two flight attendants, punched a third, screamed his parents had $2 million and was duct taped to a seat of a Frontier Airlines flight was sentenced Tuesday to 60 days in jail followed by one year of supervised release.

"Due to the tremendous media attention that this case garnered, Max's efforts to find a job utilizing his recently obtained college degree in finance economics were futile, as he was constantly being denied positions that he was applying for in the finance world and elsewhere without an explanation," Berry's attorney wrote in court documents.

Fuck Max.  I would never hire someone like that.

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Maybe Berry's attorney can hire him to clean up around the office or something. 

maybe he doesn't need a job. his parents have $2M, which in this inflation environment is equal to about tree fiddy.

Edited by crash_davis

2 hours ago, midtown said:

99% of the flying public has figured out how to behave; if you can't then flying just isn't right for you.  There are simply way too many people that see airlines and flying as a public utility

Make an example out of a few

shhnotears-onlydreams-commando-ArnoldSch

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/3/2022 at 6:52 PM, midtown said:

I don't.  Like I've said before; an airplane is a special place.  Anywhere else you have the ability to remove yourself from the chaos.  On a plane you are by in large stuck sometimes for hours in bad situation in a small cramped place.   99% of the flying public has figured out how to behave; if you can't then flying just isn't right for you.  There are simply way too many people that see airlines and flying as a public utility.  It is not and the quicker and bigger examples we make of jackassery the sooner this shit will decline.    Then the rest of us can go back to sucking down our drinks and watching our movies in peace.

And as far as that phobic kick off.  The only thing I'm shocked at is that it didn't even start with a mask issue.  Thank god that's at least taken out of the equation right now.

I was on a flight where a fat lady got kicked off for gay slurs, she was in aisle and I was in window on the same row.  Started when the FA asked her to put up the giant pillow she took on board because it was blocking the aisle and egress. Ended when she started throwing the slurs around. Like all these shitheads, she was looking for support from a bunch of people who already hated her. 

On 5/3/2022 at 9:25 AM, BabaYaga said:

Dad's as tall as I am (6'4) and at his age, needs (and specifically paid for) an isle seat to stretch those long getaway sticks.  No way he can fit into a middle seat.  Bad knees, etc.  

how do i get me one of those isle seats?  is that a seat all by itself with no one surrounding you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I mean, I wouldn't turn down a million dollars, but the idea of bragging about being a millionaire in this day and age is quaint.

Let's go back to 1935 when Monopoly came out with that little top hat gent. His million meant something-- not only was it as good as at least 20 million now, but right down the hill were people breathing coal smoke, lifting heavy objects, and getting chucks of their body yanked off by machinery. Being a Millionaire meant something. Your entire life was different.

Having a million, or 20 million now? Mostly just a chance to get bored inside over-priced boxes. Unless you live in Mexico, then it's still got some zing.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/2/2022 at 10:42 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Love how Brian Kelly lookalike is bragging how he has more money than the guy behind the camera. Dude, you're sitting in coach in whatever airline. Relatively speaking you're as poor the bottom 90%. Nothing wrong with that but don't start claiming that you have money.

I mean, I wouldn't turn down a million dollars, but the idea of bragging about being a millionaire in this day and age is quaint.
Let's go back to 1935 when Monopoly came out with that little top hat gent. His million meant something-- not only was it as good as at least 20 million now, but right down the hill were people breathing coal smoke, lifting heavy objects, and getting chucks of their body yanked off by machinery. Being a Millionaire meant something. Your entire life was different.
Having a million, or 20 million now? Mostly just a chance to get bored inside over-priced boxes. Unless you live in Mexico, then it's still got some zing.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

52 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Like all these shitheads, she was looking for support from a bunch of people who already hated her. 

Like when the really drunk guy wants to fight some guys and thinks you are going to back him up. Think again there champ.

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Love how Brian Kelly lookalike is bragging how he has more money than the guy behind the camera. Dude, you're sitting in coach in whatever airline. Relatively speaking you're as poor the bottom 90%. Nothing wrong with that but don't start claiming that you have money.

???  The guy’s an idiot but your comment makes no sense. 1% (and 0.1%) guys fly coach all the time. 

Can’t wait to fly out of Love Field Wednesday morning with my whole family. 

On 5/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

Something about airplanes really brings out the craziness in people. 

Disagree. That craziness is constant. On planes it is not tolerated.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:10 AM, BabaYaga said:

I'd have handled it VERY different had I been there and he popped off to my folks.

Case in point. 

38 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

but are you doubly sure? how do you know she doesn't have a sister?

It was a joke, because like the rest of the world, I’m highly aware of what occurred at Love Field today. 

"???  The guy’s an idiot but your comment makes no sense. 1% (and 0.1%) guys fly coach all the time. "

Yup... I mean, I do pretty well and you bet your ass I will buy four coach tickets for the family before spending that some money on business class. 

24 minutes ago, texasdago said:

"???  The guy’s an idiot but your comment makes no sense. 1% (and 0.1%) guys fly coach all the time. "

Yup... I mean, I do pretty well and you bet your ass I will buy four coach tickets for the family before spending that some money on business class. 

I buy coach for the wife and kids, and first class for myself.  Doesn't everyone???

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 2:03 PM, crash_davis said:

As many said in that thread. Spirit is the Walmart of the Skies. Ain't no amount of saved money will get me to fly with people who are almost too poor to fly.

Only flew it one time (Dallas to NOLA lol). Never again. Cost as much to check the bag as it did for the ticket

13 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Only flew it one time (Dallas to NOLA lol). Never again. Cost as much to check the bag as it did for the ticket

We used to have to go through a travel agency to book our business travel, at my company.  They were constantly putting us on the least expensive flight options.  After 2 bookings on Spirit, I called our VP Sales and let him know that I'd no longer fly on Spirit...I'd just cancel whatever trip I had booked, don't give a fuck how much the company was saving.  Thankfully, I wasn't the only pissed off sales rep who'd been subjected to Spirit and they were put on our no fly list. 

Thankfully, we've canned the travel agency and not book our own flights. 

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

We used to have to go through a travel agency to book our business travel, at my company.  They were constantly putting us on the least expensive flight options.  After 2 bookings on Spirit, I called our VP Sales and let him know that I'd no longer fly on Spirit...I'd just cancel whatever trip I had booked, don't give a fuck how much the company was saving.  Thankfully, I wasn't the only pissed off sales rep who'd been subjected to Spirit and they were put on our no fly list. 

Thankfully, we've canned the travel agency and not book our own flights. 

what fucking stupid travel agency books corporate clients on Spirit? fuck flying, why didn't they book on Greyhound?

Edited by crash_davis
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

the kind that get canned

You have to think that HR Ok'ed Spirit as a choice of airlines in the agency boarding process. It's a simple questionaire from the Agency. Which airlines are approved for corporate flights? Some dipshit from HR checked/ok'ed the Spirit box.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/25/2022 at 2:08 PM, Porterhouse said:

???  The guy’s an idiot but your comment makes no sense. 1% (and 0.1%) guys fly coach all the time. 

Can’t wait to fly out of Love Field Wednesday morning with my whole family. 

I’ve flown Brian Kelly in a private jet before so he travels that way sometimes too. He may have been traveling on donated hours or as supplemental lift, but he knew a shit ton about the product which suggests to me that it might have been on his own dime as well.

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I’ve flown Brian Kelly in a private jet before so he travels that way sometimes too. He may have been traveling on donated hours or as supplemental lift, but he knew a shit ton about the product which suggests to me that it might have been on his own dime as well.

I can’t even remember the discussion. I just thought it was hysterical that only bottom 90% fly coach. It’s an absurd notion. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

I can’t even remember the discussion. I just thought it was hysterical that only bottom 90% fly coach. It’s an absurd notion. 

I had more than a few private jet owners tell me that they did just that. One I really respected had us fly him to JFK where he met his kids. He told us they were flying coach over to Europe from there, because he wanted his kids to have some understanding and appreciation for what the average joe was doing. Or catch a ride on a ULCC and be see how many doctors are onboard when the FA’s ask for help with a medical emergency. 

You’re correct. It’s absurd.

• Hook 'Em 1