2022 LB Eoghan Kerry

Hiphopopotamos

2 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

That's not bad for us.

Clearly not. Guys like this used to PWO (well, if PWO was a thing back in the day) to USC or fill out their class. Now SC isn't even offering them and letting out of state schools take a flier? 4.27 shuttle at 230 at 18 and they're just like "nah, we're cool with our 9 current commits and 32nd ranked class". 

10 hours ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Leftovers AGAIN? Still, a big victory over Columbia and Colorado State. Assuming Columbia offers scholarships.

Cherry picking the lower-end offers is a silly move. Kerry's at least got Arizona and actual Colorado (not that it's incredible for a Texas commit).

Will you be talking about Harold Perkins' Tulsa and Jackson State offers when he commits somewhere?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Cherry picking the lower-end offers is a silly move. Kerry's at least got Arizona and actual Colorado (not that it's incredible for a Texas commit).

Will you be talking about Harold Perkins' Tulsa and Jackson State offers when he commits somewhere?

I’m pretty surprised he doesn’t have more PAC offers. If his testing numbers are anywhere near accurate, then he’s a high level P5 athlete for sure. Might be because he played at a small school starting out in HS. 

I’d OK with the aspect of his testing numbers being a driving factor in his offer. I like the idea of getting an athlete to campus and letting the coaches do their thing. I’m here for the “he was a late developer” success story. 

Welcome, Eoghan! Go make the most of this awesome opportunity, Kiddo. 🤘🏻

Clearly not. Guys like this used to PWO (well, if PWO was a thing back in the day) to USC or fill out their class. Now SC isn't even offering them and letting out of state schools take a flier? 4.27 shuttle at 230 at 18 and they're just like "nah, we're cool with our 9 current commits and 32nd ranked class". 
3 stars with those numbers don't have to walk on anywhere unless they want to go somewhere already loaded at their position...which maybe used to be the case at USC, not these days.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Thanks for the video, I agree he seems like a really good kid. Lotsa poise for a 17 year old. 

Funny to hear he and CJ Williams talk about NIL: they are very aware of Bryce Young’s alleged 7 figure salary, and Williams expects something like it. 

Mater Dei sets up their kids pretty well in the summer, gym, trainers, masseuse/therapist. 

Pretty good video.  Seems like a good kid.

Seems serious about being in football shape and getting quality offseason training, could add another star to his rating with a great senior season. With his smile and personality...making a few bucks with NIL in Austin shouldnt be an issue.

• 3 months later...

Fyi...

Greg Biggins: This could be one of those ‘mutual’ parting of ways. Kerry lost his starting job 3-4 weeks ago and hasn’t had a very impactful season. Now MD is the top team in the nation and the player starting over him is a ‘24 kid who will be a national recruit. Still I talked with a MD coach a few weeks back who said he had advised Eoghan on opening things up to find a school where he would have a better chance to play at so not shocked by this one.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Fyi...

Greg Biggins: This could be one of those ‘mutual’ parting of ways. Kerry lost his starting job 3-4 weeks ago and hasn’t had a very impactful season. Now MD is the top team in the nation and the player starting over him is a ‘24 kid who will be a national recruit. Still I talked with a MD coach a few weeks back who said he had advised Eoghan on opening things up to find a school where he would have a better chance to play at so not shocked by this one.

He’s gonna go to el Camino college