I'm about 60% through Graham Nash's book

Gil Bang

and it's terrific.  

I downloaded from the public library out of boredom.  I really wasn't all that interested in Nash, although I'm a CSNY fan.  

What a read (so far).  Crosby zonked out of his brain on weed and coke, keeping always-naked chicks in his house and getting double blowjobs on a daily basis.   Neil Young being an eccentric asshole,  petty fights, huge fights,  stealing women from each other (including Rita Coolidge), just a page-turner. and hard to put down. 

Update:  I finished it.  

He gets pretty preachy with his politics in the last paragraph, but up until then it was a mind-blowing read.  

I had no idea that Crosby was such a horrible junkie.  Stills (an amazing talent IMO) can be a prick, and Young IS a prick.

Nash writes that he once wrote Young a very very long letter pouring his heart out about how difficult and mean Young had been, how hard he was to work with, etc.  Young replied "what a load of shit".  

Update:  I finished it.  
He gets pretty preachy with his politics in the last paragraph, but up until then it was a mind-blowing read.  

I had no idea that Crosby was such a horrible junkie.  Stills (an amazing talent IMO) can be a prick, and Young IS a prick.
Nash writes that he once wrote Young a very very long letter pouring his heart out about how difficult and mean Young had been, how hard he was to work with, etc.  Young replied "what a load of shit".  

I was in LA in March and a local radio station has a show with Paul Schaefer interviewing a famous musician. That day it was Nash. Very interesting. He's obviously political (and I couldn't care less about musician's politics), but it was very cool to hear the stories of how his best songs were written. Some were written in a couple of hours. He touched on the efforts to reconcile with old friends.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a lifelong CSN (and Y) fan.  My dog’s name is Crosby.  My neighbor 2doors down is James Raymond, Crosby’s bastard he connected with later in life who ended up touring with them as a keyboardist.  Have seen Crosby come visit.  James was telling me about the recent split.  Basically Nash just got fed up with Crosby being a compete asshole, which James agreed with.  So bummed though.  Have seen them live at least 8-10times.  Saw Crosby solo at the Segerstrom a couple of years ago.  He’s super preachy politically in his shows.  

Will pick pick this one up.

Edited by Sbbruin

On 5/19/2018 at 2:27 PM, Sbbruin said:

I am a lifelong CSN (and Y) fan.  My dog’s name is Crosby.  My neighbor 2doors down is James Raymond, Crosby’s bastard he connected with later in life who ended up touring with them as a keyboardist.  Have seen Crosby come visit.  James was telling me about the recent split.  Basically Nash just got fed up with Crosby being a compete asshole, which James agreed with.  So bummed though.  Have seen them live at least 8-10times.  Saw Crosby solo at the Segerstrom a couple of years ago.  He’s super preachy politically in his shows.  

Will pick pick this one up.

I saw Crosby last night at the Paramount (here in Austin), and the only political thing he said was, "things are supper shitty right now, so instead of talking about politics, lets just enjoy music for two hours."  He did close the show with "Ohio", though.  Amazing show, all in all.  His band, including James Raymond, is excellent.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:15 PM, Gil Bang said:

and it's terrific.  

I downloaded from the public library out of boredom.  I really wasn't all that interested in Nash, although I'm a CSNY fan.  

What a read (so far).  Crosby zonked out of his brain on weed and coke, keeping always-naked chicks in his house and getting double blowjobs on a daily basis.   Neil Young being an eccentric asshole,  petty fights, huge fights,  stealing women from each other (including Rita Coolidge), just a page-turner. and hard to put down. 

Have you gotten a contact high yet ?