How excited are you about the SEC move?

TexArcher

How excited are you about the SEC move?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you about the SEC move?

• Bart Scott-level Can't Wait. Let's fucking go.
    • I like it, but I have some reservations.
    • Neutral. Meh. Whatever.
    • I don't like it. I would've preferred ____________.

I'm assuming aggy will be the Thanksgiving week game again?
The thought of those mouth breathers at DKR always made me nauseous.
Hosting pig is hardly any better.
On the other hand, Jawja fans seem alright. And Bama fans who travel are better than you'd think, given their demographic. 
Definitely a home schedule upgrade though, not even debatable.

Bring on the farmers! Stupid aggy. Just another W. Makes Thanksgiving the best holiday. I don’t think there is anything better in the world than pounding aggy…..Maybe the Indy 500…. Bout it’s a distant second.

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

4-week old article, but stupid must be contagious in the SEC. "Begging to join the conference"? Highly unlikely. "Struggle against UGA?" Proven incorrect recently. "The new Zou"....on Homecoming? Lol.....😆. Silly MFer.

http://www.winsipedia.com/texas/vs/missouri

Edited by DFW Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, let's hurry up and be the other formerly-good-now-shitty-UT in the SEC.

Yeah, I was really excited about the SEC move until this past season. Now it don't make a shit. No matter where we go, there we are.

I guess it'll make baseball more interesting.

Still makes the most sense geographically.  We'll be in the same conference with our three biggest historical rivals.  The top 3 programs of the SWC will be reunited.  It's a positive for those reasons.

It's just going to suck getting our asses kicked by everybody if someone doesn't figure out how to quickly turn this ship around.  I'm also still not sold on the idea of super conferences.  I'd be more than happy if someone could wave a magic wand and conferences go back to the original 1998 BCS conference affiliations. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, Tom said:

Still makes the most sense geographically.  We'll be in the same conference with our three biggest historical rivals.  The top 3 programs of the SWC will be reunited.  It's a positive for those reasons.

It's just going to suck getting our asses kicked by everybody if someone doesn't figure out how to quickly turn this ship around.  I'm also still not sold on the idea of super conferences.  I'd be more than happy if someone could wave a magic wand and conferences go back to the original 1998 BCS conference affiliations. 

I don't care one bit about this, that's how allsome being in the SEC will be. Best thing the Texas athletic department has done since hiring Darrell Royal.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, Tom said:

I'm also still not sold on the idea of super conferences.  I'd be more than happy if someone could wave a magic wand and conferences go back to the original 1998 BCS conference affiliations. 

Same. I don't like the idea of super conferences from the perspective of being in a conference with schools that you will meet on the field once a decade or so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I don't care one bit about this, that's how allsome being in the SEC will be. Best thing the Texas athletic department has done since hiring Darrell Royal.

So in your world being totally irrelevant in football is cool because SECSECSEC? Okay.

• Hook 'Em 2

I was not a fan of this move at first. I was fucking pissed off actually. Now that the dust has settled, for now at least, I’m pretty fired up.

Still in a power 5 conference that will be the 3rd best (football and overall). The gap between #3 and #2 is a lot bigger than the gap between the gap between 3 & 4, but it’s a start.

Probably going to have an autobid to the playoff

Losing one game we usually win and one we usually lose, so that’s a wash.

Pretty excited about what the new guys bring across all sports.

Hopefully we’ll never have to play Ou again. I’ll miss kicking their asses for 364 days a year, but I won’t miss them. I’ll kinda miss you assholes though.

I’m hoping you guys pony up the dough and GTFO before next season. Bedlam bragging rights for a decade would be nice. After that, we just wait for the Big 10 or SEC to scoop up some or all of Clemson, USC, UCLA, Oregon, UW, FSU, and/or Miami. After that the Big XII picks up 4 teams that are in the same shitty spot we were a few months ago.

And as I was typing this, Riley leaves OU for USC. Probably got some assurance that they’ll be in the Big 10 soon. So maybe the Big XII gets Colorado, Utah, and the AZ schools? Unless they leave Oregon and UW behind.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I was not a fan of this move at first. I was fucking pissed off actually. Now that the dust has settled, for now at least, I’m pretty fired up.

Still in a power 5 conference that will be the 3rd best (football and overall). The gap between #3 and #2 is a lot bigger than the gap between the gap between 3 & 4, but it’s a start.

Probably going to have an autobid to the playoff

Losing one game we usually win and one we usually lose, so that’s a wash.

Pretty excited about what the new guys bring across all sports.

Hopefully we’ll never have to play Ou again. I’ll miss kicking their asses for 364 days a year, but I won’t miss them. I’ll kinda miss you assholes though.

I’m hoping you guys pony up the dough and GTFO before next season. Bedlam bragging rights for a decade would be nice. After that, we just wait for the Big 10 or SEC to scoop up some or all of Clemson, USC, UCLA, Oregon, UW, FSU, and/or Miami. After that the Big XII picks up 4 teams that are in the same shitty spot we were a few months ago.

And as I was typing this, Riley leaves OU for USC. Probably got some assurance that they’ll be in the Big 10 soon. So maybe the Big XII gets Colorado, Utah, and the AZ schools? Unless they leave Oregon and UW behind.

The Big X is not ever scooping you up, maybe the ACC at best.

The Big X is not ever scooping you up, maybe the ACC at best.

No I don’t wanna be scooped up by them. Well, I do, but it’s not happening and we’ve moved on. I want the BIG to do to the PAC or ACC what the SEC did to the Big XII. The Big XII then scoops up 4 teams left behind. I thought that was pretty clear in my first post. Im excited about where the Big XII is headed. At least compared to PAC and ACC.

2 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

No I don’t wanna be scooped up by them. Well, I do, but it’s not happening and we’ve moved on. I was then to do to the PAC or ACC what the SEC did to the Big XII. The Big XII then scoops up 4 teams left behind. I thought that was pretty clear in my first post. Im excited about where the Big XII is headed. At least compared to PAC and ACC.

sorry I  did not read that right.

On 11/27/2021 at 1:05 PM, tbone_ said:

This team wouldn’t have been within 21 points of even the shitty sec teams this year except for maybe Vandy.

I mean I’m all for SECSECSEC whatever but holyshit we are going to get regularly buttfucked without a massive change in direction.

Hey fuck you bro, we only lost by 19 to the team in a three way tie for third in the SEC West. Respect Sark’s ability. 

• Like 2

Makes no fucking sense to me with the conferences configured as they are and a 4 team playoff. I can only assume that the powers that be are aware of a larger master plan related to realignment. Until that transpires, the next few years will be fun watching Sark get his asshole hollowed out on the regular, but I guess we'll have more money.