2021 Longhorn Injuries/Availability Updates

LTtxfan

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

From Texas 

Freshman DB Ishmael Ibraheem sustained a knee injury in the Rice game that will sideline him for the remainder of the season. Freshmen DB Jahdae Barron (knee) and WR Troy Omeire (knee) are out for this week’s game versus Texas Tech.

Yeah, Ibraheem's looked bad on TV.  The knee isn't supposed to bend that direction.  I felt certain he was done for the season when I saw it.  I just hope the young man has a full recovery.

Monday before toads game

During Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian’s Monday press conference, he said that the injury situation is “status quo.” Since redshirt freshman wide receiver Troy Omeire (knee) is not listed on the depth chart and neither is sophomore cornerback Jahdae Barron (knee), both are presumably out for this weekend’s game against TCU. Freshman cornerback Ishmael Ibraheem is no longer on the depth chart after suffering a season-ending knee injury against Rice. 

As for Omeire, i think it's good that they're taking time with his injury instead of rushing him back. Right now we have Worthy and Whitt as WR's, and Bijan + Rojo + Keilan for catches out of the backfield, so we're ok as far as that goes. Hopefully the kid gets 100% healthy and comes back and dominates. We shall see, but I'm hoping they're not rushing him back because we're ok right now. 

18 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Looks like the transfer portal is in his future. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to show what he can do eventually, I feel for the kid.

That’s very quick to write him off as a transfer.  Unless you are implying that Sark will take the Saban approach and gently suggest that he transfer or retire in order to open a scholarship. 

28 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Looks like the transfer portal is in his future. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to show what he can do eventually, I feel for the kid.

Man, this sucks. Hope he has a similar path to Shipley and can overcome the injury bug to realize his potential. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude isn't going to transfer, at least not anytime soon. Don't read message board opinions and think they're fact. He's still a RS Frosh. Give him time. 

I was referring to the injury as sucking, not potentially him entering the portal, which I don’t believe will be the case. Hopefully this extra time and whatever surgery he is having can truly fix the issue and allow enough time for him to fully recover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewreck10 said:

I was referring to the injury as sucking, not potentially him entering the portal, which I don’t believe will be the case. Hopefully this extra time and whatever surgery he is having can truly fix the issue and allow enough time for him to fully recover.

Ah, my apologies then. I'm with you on the rest of it. 🤙

21 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Troy Omeire is on that Jordan Shipley trajectory. First two years end up in redshirts (regular and medical).

Except he’s no where close to as fast as Shipley. So conventional wisdom is a guy who isn’t the fastest won’t be as fast. I think portal is more likely especially given some of the mental deficiencies Sark mentioned with regards to his injury. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Except he’s no where close to as fast as Shipley. So conventional wisdom is a guy who isn’t the fastest won’t be as fast. I think portal is more likely especially given some of the mental deficiencies Sark mentioned with regards to his injury. 

True he's not Shipley fast. I would venture portal only if Sarkisian is able to transform the WR room greatly in one recruiting cycle. I missed the statement on mental deficiencies. What was that about?

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Is Moore a key starter really? He’s been non existent most of the season

You'll have to ask FCB about his interpretation of "key."

11 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

That’s very quick to write him off as a transfer.  Unless you are implying that Sark will take the Saban approach and gently suggest that he transfer or retire in order to open a scholarship. 

Saban "gently" suggests?....probably while holding a chain saw...

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2021/9/30/22702598/joshua-moore-ankle-injury-texas-longhorns-tcu-horned-frogs

Texas Longhorns junior wide receiver Joshua Moore will be available for Saturday’s game against the TCU Horned Frogs in Fort Worth — head coach Steve Sarkisian said on Thursday that Moore is “good to go.”