Who ya got: Cade Cunningham or Jalen Green

shadow_operative

Better NBA player: Cade Cunningham or Jalen Green  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Better NBA player: Cade Cunningham or Jalen Green

I'm sure cade will be a solid player, but I would have picked Green or Suggs with the #1 pick before cade. I didn't watch a ton of OSU games last season, but what I did watch didn't leave me thinking he was the consensus #1 player. 

i haven't watched a whole lot of Green in real time, but over the last couple of weeks i've watched plenty of people whose options i trust just raving over him and predicting greatness, which has led me to catching more of his highlights a mixtapes. he looks like a future star to me. it didn't take a whole lot of film for me to say, "wow. this guy is for real."

i'll say it like this: i was very impressed by Kevin Porter Jr last year, and he actually helped my fantasy team win the double- simply meaning he was not only good on the court, but he was fantasy relevant- the guy put up numbers. as much as i love KPJ because of all that, i'm convinced that Green is the superior player, and that his ceiling is clearly well above that of KPJ. i may end up being wrong, but im sold on Green. 

Cade looks more polished overall but less athletic. Green can certainly score, and he still looks raw yet smooth doing it. His upside is seems higher than Cade, but Cade seems to have the safer floor. 

Im team Green if rebuilding around one player, the gamble of higher upside seems worth it when you have nothing to lose. 

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i haven't watched a whole lot of Green in real time, but over the last couple of weeks i've watched plenty of people whose options i trust just raving over him and predicting greatness, which has led me to catching more of his highlights a mixtapes. he looks like a future star to me. it didn't take a whole lot of film for me to say, "wow. this guy is for real."

i'll say it like this: i was very impressed by Kevin Porter Jr last year, and he actually helped my fantasy team win the double- simply meaning he was not only good on the court, but he was fantasy relevant- the guy put up numbers. as much as i love KPJ because of all that, i'm convinced that Green is the superior player, and that his ceiling is clearly well above that of KPJ. i may end up being wrong, but im sold on Green. 

KPj is so young and he has a great skill which is coveted in the league which is being able to generate his own shot, which may keep him in the league for awhile if he can mature and become much more efficient and effective at it.  However, (and I totally get it from a fantasy perspective) most of the number he put up were really hollow.  Scoring 16 but needing 14 shots on .425/.311/.734 is not good.  Neither was his 12.1 PER or .000 WS/48.  Again, totally get it, he's young and folks want to see the potential at this stage, but I've seen 3 games of Green, and I think I agree in that he's already better.  KPj's career could go a number of different ways but Green looks like he'll at least be able to score in the league much easier.

Cade has the higher floor but Jalen Green has the higher ceiling is my thought. Some super athletic guys have an injury and then their career derails but gambling seems like the right move.

Usually teams go the safe route ie Suns taking Ayton over Luka.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster
  • Hook 'Em 2

I'm not sure why people are so down on Cade. He struggled when he was double and triple teamed, and that won't happen in the NBA. I saw some Green highlights and he's good no doubt, but so is Cade. I can agree that his floor is pretty high, but his ceiling is too. 

i can't speak for everyone but i wouldn't say that people are "down" on Cade, but rather high on Green who has been making waves since the draft. and being the top two picks they're naturally going to be compared to each other. i still think that CC will have a long and successful career, but Green has looked like he's ready to come into the league at potentially a near all star level. 

i'll make another comparison to another player like i did with KPJ earlier: Devin Booker has played six seasons in the NBA already and everyone is all over his jock, with some calling him the next Kobe. now i admit that i'm going off of just a couple weeks of watching this guy, but if we look up in six years and Green isn't better than Booker is right now i'll be surprised. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'm not sure why people are so down on Cade. He struggled when he was double and triple teamed, and that won't happen in the NBA. I saw some Green highlights and he's good no doubt, but so is Cade. I can agree that his floor is pretty high, but his ceiling is too. 

Also, the games I watched OSU this season, when they needed points, Cade took over the game and could score from anywhere.  Not the most athletic but he's crafty and knows who to score.

i'm a rockets fan who wanted them to take mobley, but i could not be more impressed with green through the 2.5 games he played in summer league.  he was billed as a pure scorer and he is very clearly that.  he also shot the three at an incredible percentage.  he scores so effortlessly that it reminds of some of those harden runs where he scored 25+ points in an obscene amount of consecutive games.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Small sample size is small I feel like this m would be best asked midway into the season. I hope both players go on to excel in the league and we can look back on it as an amazing draft class.

Yeah I'm fine if I'm wrong on this one but summer league is kind of meaningless and probably swinging opinions here. Plenty of dudes have lit up summer league then never done shit or barely played in the NBA. 

I have the fewest concerns about Cade but any of the top 4 this year could wind up with the best career and I wouldn't be shocked.