Move Oregon's border.

SKJ

Is this crazy talk?  Yes. It clearly is, but why are these people considering this as an actual solution?  

Rural America already has an outsized voice in national politics because of the Senate, but that's not quite enough for these people.  They want to jerrymander states according to their will. 

I don't know.  I just don't get it.  Privilege out of control?  Or is this actual sanity that I just don't understand? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SKJ said:

Is this crazy talk?  Yes. It clearly is, but why are these people considering this as an actual solution?  

Rural America already has an outsized voice in national politics because of the Senate, but that's not quite enough for these people.  They want to jerrymander states according to their will. 

I don't know.  I just don't get it.  Privilege out of control?  Or is this actual sanity that I just don't understand? 

I'm fine with making every Trumpkin county in the US a part of Idaho.  They don't have to actually touch.  Just make them "Idaho."  Subject to Idaho laws, all that shit.  That way, they can have their two shittastic senators (Ted Cruz will likely be available), and the rest of us can have actual representation in proportion with our numbers.  I see this as a huge win.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, SKJ said:

It seems every few months these small groups of idiots get some coverage.  If they don't like it here they should pull themselves up by the boostraps and get the hell out.  Oregon won't miss them.

• Like 1

He just needs to pull himself up by his bootstraps, take personal responsibility and move.

I’m not a fan of Abbott overriding things done in Houston, but I don’t think Houston should leave Texas just yet.

What a bunch of snowflakes

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

It seems every few months these small groups of idiots get some coverage.  If they don't like it here they should pull themselves up by the boostraps and get the hell out.  Oregon won't miss them.

they're pulling themselves alrighty.

2 hours ago, SKJ said:

Such is the mindset from the world of Make Believe and Pretend. These are people who mentally reside there. They do not live in reality. These are the same people that think Trump is returning to the fucking White House today. These motherfuckers cannot handle losing, and the problem is how they see electoral politics in the first place: it's a spectator sport between "we" and "they." They "lost" the last game and they've gone full aggy about it. The sun was shining in their eyes, they weren't ready, the goal lines were painted too thick, the referees were in on it, etc. 

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

We hear that a ton in Washington State as well... people want to put eastern WA into Idaho.

Where in the holy fork is that state going to get any funding for basic state services and infrastructure? 

Way back in the day, they really should have split Oregon Territory east-west, instead of north-south.  (And let Canada have the east part.)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Way back in the day, they really should have split Oregon Territory east-west, instead of north-south.  (And let Canada have the east part.)

Shit, I'm still trying to trade Michigan for British Columbia, straight up.

• Hook 'Em 4

50 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

We hear that a ton in Washington State as well... people want to put eastern WA into Idaho.

Where in the holy fork is that state going to get any funding for basic state services and infrastructure? 

Yeah I don’t get these people. “I want to live here but under another state’s government!”

Thats not how that works. I’m sure Houston, Austin, Dallas, SA and ELP would love to live in Texas under a blue state government but you don’t see them trying to secede. 

The modern GOP doesn’t want to put in the work to make their situation more to their liking, they’d rather try to destroy their state/country to get their way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Seems like there are several assumptions built in to the story:

1. That Idaho even wants them

2. That the rest of Oregon wants to keep them

3. Something else (had to list at least 3 because I already typed "several" and it's too much work to go back and change it to "a couple of.")

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The better question is why do we stop them? My irrational dream is to break up with the south 

Do you even SEC, bro? Seriously though, a good chunk of Texas is culturally part of the deep South. With that said, we should cut off anything east of Bastrop and give it to Louisiana.

Bye aggy, sorry Houston but ya have to go.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Why would Idaho want the poorest parts of those two states?

Why is it that only shithole places want to secede?

Florida's not poor, and yet we're mostly willing to cut the fuckers loose...

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Do you even SEC, bro? Seriously though, a good chunk of Texas is culturally part of the deep South. With that said, we should cut off anything east of Bastrop and give it to Louisiana.

This is a horrible idea. Give them Bastrop also.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The federal government and from places like NY and CA. Farmers are welfare caddy drivers we all heard about.
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Underdog said:

<---  Googling Sydney Sweeney. 

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, I don’t know who that is either.

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Turned out to be a worthwhile google.

12 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Indeed x3

motorboating GIF

13 hours ago, F250 said:

That would include a huge chunk of DFW too.

14 hours ago, F250 said:

I'm fine with that as long as you leave CC/PA the hell out of that.

21 hours ago, SKJ said:

Can't believe I'm the first ...

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Why doesn't Idaho make an financial offer to the Oregon govt? Sounds like they expect the Oregon (and part of WA and CA) to just be given freely to Idaho. Including coastal land. 

In the original video, I laughed how the land owner didn't want to move within Idaho's current borders. "Why should I have to move, I like it here."

Perhaps Idaho should offer to swap land to the landowners that want the borders to change. Give your parcel of land in Oregon to the Idahoan govt, and they give an equivalent property within Idaho to that OR landowner. This could actually help Idaho's bid to annex that land if they owned eastern Oregon outright.

And if Texas split up so that Austin, Houston, DFW, SA, El Paso and the Valley left Texas, the remaining Texas would be screwed. Yes, there would be tremendous oil revenue but is that owned by private business/people? Also in today's world, a state doesn't have to be contiguous to operate.