Gavin Newsom Recall

Horn Dogg

On 9/2/2021 at 6:37 PM, washparkhorn said:

For the Californians, did any of you Registered Republicans receive two ballots?  I received one, but I am registered with the Democratic Party.

Anecdotally, I know of four Registered Republicans who each received two ballots. San Diego County for reference.

Oh - and F the Dodgers.  

if all of those ballots are completed and mailed in do they all count?

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Candidates should be able to sue for libel or slander over false election fraud crimes.  Back that shit up in court or shut the fuck up and stop trying to destroy our democracy.

Legally, yes that's what needs to be done.

Culturally, we should be so conditioned as to categorically reject such tactics as real men do not do those things. This supposed "grown man" is sitting there, in advance, letting the whole world hear his complaints and whines ahead of the results of the election. 

If any of you live in California and you happen to come across that loser in person, you should do your civic duty and throw tampons at him.

20 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

In order for democracy in America to survive the current version of the Republican Party must be eliminated. 

And the earth from which they sprung salted.  And their wells tainted.  

My whole life, I read -- as a hobby and area of interest -- about various entities and belief systems that would try to destroy our country.  I read about the cold war.  I was writing papers in school on islamofascism and jihad in the 80s.

I gotta admit, seeing the actual Republican Party have the most success on that front blindsided me.  I really didn't see it coming until Obama ran for president, and even then, I kept lying to myself and saying that it would fizzle out.  I feel so damned stupid for missing the obvious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

if all of those ballots are completed and mailed in do they all count?

No. You can’t vote multiple times and the county is supposed to investigate if you do. If you vote with an older ballot it is held provisionally until voting ends, and if you vote with the newest ballot that one counts and all older ones are voided. 

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And the earth from which they sprung salted.  And their wells tainted.  

My whole life, I read -- as a hobby and area of interest -- about various entities and belief systems that would try to destroy our country.  I read about the cold war.  I was writing papers in school on islamofascism and jihad in the 80s.

I gotta admit, seeing the actual Republican Party have the most success on that front blindsided me.  I really didn't see it coming until Obama ran for president, and even then, I kept lying to myself and saying that it would fizzle out.  I feel so damned stupid for missing the obvious.

mmmm, taint

27 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Is there some rule that every Republican "celebrity" must be someone whose popularity peaked between 1985-1995?

well, you see, most republicans are fucking old. so their heroes are equally old.

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Similar to Georgia senate race results, if you think it’s rigged then just don’t run. Sit it out. Or you are automatically/immediately removed from the ballot if you assert fraud before the polls are even closed.

Stacey Abrams over there in the corner complaining as well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

Candidates should be able to sue for libel or slander over false election fraud crimes.  Back that shit up in court or shut the fuck up and stop trying to destroy our democracy.

cool,cool.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/05/06/hillary-clinton-warns-2020-democratic-candidates-stolen-election/1116477001/

Hillary Clinton says she has been telling candidates seeking the 2020 Democratic nomination that even if they run a perfect campaign, the election could be "stolen" from them, implying that was what befell her in 2016. 

27 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

tell me you never played baseball, without telling me you never played baseball.

My enduring image of Piazza is Clemens throwing the broken bat back at him in the 2000 World Series. Clemens got him to groundout to 2nd like a bitch on the next pitch.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Oh look, it's Incredulity drawing false equivalencies between a butthurt Hillary Clinton using ambiguous wording to explain her defeat behind closed doors and GOP candidates publicly and loudly decrying widespread fraud before, during, and after elections to see what they can get to stick.

Color me shocked.

I’m incredulous at this news 

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Oh look, it's Incredulity drawing false equivalencies between a butthurt Hillary Clinton using ambiguous wording to explain her defeat behind closed doors and GOP candidates publicly and loudly decrying widespread fraud days before an election even takes place.

Color me shocked.

Do I really have to quote the cavalcade of D legislators calling the 2016 election rigged/stolen/fake?

be better

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Oh look, it's Incredulity drawing false equivalencies between a butthurt Hillary Clinton using ambiguous wording to explain her defeat behind closed doors and GOP candidates publicly and loudly decrying widespread fraud days before an election even takes place.

Color me shocked.

It’s so clear I can’t believe you can’t  see it. 
Repubs now have a complete game plan of why they lost. 

As a former pub I apologize for my studity and will never let it happen again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Do I really have to quote the cavalcade of D legislators calling the 2016 election rigged/stolen/fake?

Yes.

Anastasis tried the both sides approach on this one a couple months back as well, and all he found was a couple of tweets from low-level state legislators. Maybe one Representative mixed in. Hardly the party-wide fraud narrative that the GOP is haphazardly perpetuating lie after lie to prop up at the direct expense of our democracy.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

Back to the non-rigged recall election, Dems made Elder the face of it. 83% of voters have an opinion of him. He’s 15 points underwater (34-49). 

Arnold was +5. And it was effectively keep Davis or vote Arnold or Bustamante. This race was keep Newsom or get Elder. No third candidate to split Dem votes 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Pretty sure Trump even said the 2016 was a rigged election, he was just as shocked(allegedly) as the rest of us that he actually won.  

This is true.

And Democrats have been screaming the same song sing 2000.

So spare me the sanctimonious bullshit about, “our democracy”(cue piss down leg)

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You don’t read the links you post do you. 

Rep. Barbara Lee of California brought up voting machines and Russian hacking when she objected following the counting of Michigan’s votes.

“People are horrified by the overwhelming evidence of Russian interference in our election,” Lee said.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Rep. Barbara Lee of California brought up voting machines and Russian hacking when she objected following the counting of Michigan’s votes.

“People are horrified by the overwhelming evidence of Russian interference in our election,” Lee said.

You suck at reading comprehension. 

Here’s your stupid quote

“Do I really have to quote the cavalcade of D legislators calling the 2016 election rigged/stolen/fake?”

Do, you mean you can’t tell the difference between a stupid congressman with an ambiguous objection from the president of the United States and leader of the Republican Party calling the entire election stolen and sending a mob to attack congress?

it’s pointless debating with a moron like you. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

You suck at reading comprehension. 

Here’s your stupid quote

“Do I really have to quote the cavalcade of D legislators calling the 2016 election rigged/stolen/fake?”

Do, you mean you can’t tell the difference between a stupid congressman with an ambiguous objection from the president of the United States and leader of the Republican Party calling the entire election stolen and sending a mob to attack congress?

it’s pointless debating with a moron like you. 

Self own status 100%

• Fuck You 3

Just now, Incredulity said:

This is such bullshit, and you fucking know it. Gore never once claimed fraud. He wanted recounts in a state that he lost by a couple hundred votes that would have won him the presidency.

But I'm consistent: I thought that him and his lawyers dragging it out as long as they did was shameless and harmful.

So what the fuck would you call an entire political party rallying around the bogus fraud claims of a dude who lost by 7M votes with tens of thousands of vote  separation in the deciding States? And then continuing to perpetuate those lies in subsequent elections to rile up the base and pass bullshit election laws. Even after they saw exactly what lying to people about their votes not counting can lead to. 

Both sides, right?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

This is true.

So spare me the sanctimonious bullshit about, “our democracy”(cue piss down leg)

At least the 2000 election was actually close enough where if Florida flipped, the entire election would've flipped.

And, IIRC, Hillary didn't pursue any recount measures in any states for 2016. She took the loss, something Dotard still hasn't done.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, C-Man said:

At least the 2000 election was actually close enough where if Florida flipped, the entire election would've flipped.

And, IIRC, Hillary didn't pursue any recount measures in any states for 2016. She took the loss, something Dotard still hasn't done.

Only 2016 recounts were Jill Stein stealing money 

We're going to see more and more of this, especially in Texas, where the new election law allows greater power to this "poll watchers." In my opinion, it'll prove to be the worst part about what the lege passed.

Some elections officials are seeing ‘more aggressive behavior’ from partisan poll watchers.

There is no evidence of any fraud in the California recall election so far, but that hasn’t stopped a large number of partisan election observers from hunting for nefarious actors.

Across California, partisan poll watchers have been monitoring ballot boxes, early-voting locations and Election Day polling sites. Some have been aggressive toward voters, while others have repeatedly challenged voter signatures, according to election officials. And some have even tried to obtain personal information about election administrators.

“Our office is seeing more aggressive behavior by observers,” said Mike Sanchez, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder, the county’s elections office. “Election-related activities are open and transparent, and we welcome members of the public to observe the process. But observers cannot disrupt the election process, or interact/interview our employees.”

Multiple groups that call themselves election integrity outfits have been focusing on the recall election, including one from Larry Elder, the leading Republican candidate. The California Republican Party has also revamped its election integrity operation for the recall. The expansion of such groups comes as false allegations of election fraud in California have become widespread among conservatives both in the state and nationally.

Mr. Elder has suggested, without any evidence, that there might be “shenanigans” in the administration of the election and that there are fraudulent mail ballots. Former President Donald J. Trump has repeatedly made the false claim that the election is rigged. That narrative quickly spilled into the voting process on Tuesday.

“Our inbound calls that we receive in our phone bank have very similar and consistent themes,” said Neal Kelley, the top elections official for Orange County. “It’s almost like people are kind of reading things on the internet and then they’re just kind of repeating that to us. And we’re seeing the same things from the observers as well.”

One group, known as the Election Integrity Project, has been particularly prevalent across the state, with observers continually making challenges or disrupting the process, as reported by The Los Angeles Times. Mr. Sanchez confirmed that the Los Angeles County elections office had received complaints of aggressive behavior by members of the Election Integrity Project.

Formed roughly nine years ago, the Election Integrity Project claims to be a nonpartisan nonprofit group. The organization says it seeks “to fulfill our duty to actively participate in the governing of our state/country by helping to defend the integrity of the voting process that protects our freedoms and way of life,” according to its website.

Despite its claims of nonpartisanship, the project has teamed up with conservative groups such as Judicial Watch and has espoused conspiracy theories about American elections, especially about mail ballots. The group claims to have trained more than 10,000 observers since its formation, though election officials across the state estimate that only a small percentage of those observers have actually shown up at the polls.

The group is well known to Shirley Weber, a Democrat who is California’s secretary of state. She said the group had been challenging signatures at registrar’s offices, which was causing confusion because it did not have the authority or right to make such challenges.

“That’s been an issue that we’ve had to kind of restrict folks to make sure that they understood what their role was as observers, and not as persons who work here in the secretary of state’s office,” Dr. Weber said in an interview.

The Election Integrity Project did not respond to a request for comment. Dr. Weber noted that the group claims to be gathering information for a possible legal action or challenges after the election.

“We know that they’re collecting material,” Dr. Weber said. “Whatever that is, we have yet to see it, because I understand all of that is being collected for a lawsuit, and not necessarily just to be given to us as, ‘Here’s some things we think will help you do a better job.’ So it’s not like they’re the helpful hands that we get. No, they’re not.”

27 minutes ago, Foosters said:

You really are a dumb motherfucker. There's no way you're reading the links you're posting. 

One Representative citing Russian interference with no support from the Senate and getting told to shut the fuck up by Biden equals a "cavalcade"!!!

The recall gained some real traction once Delta started getting out of hand. So far, exit polls show really good news for Newsom on that front.

For instance, only three in 10 California voters said his pandemic control measures were too strict, and 69 percent supported the state’s mask mandates for students.

More than two-thirds of recall voters feel like the state’s coronavirus situation is getting better or staying the same. And in addition to the 69 percent support for the school mask mandate, 63 percent say they see getting vaccinated as more of a public-health responsibility than a personal choice.

Also of note: COVID-19 ranks as the No. 1 issue on voters’ minds — ahead of homelessness, wildfires, crime and the economy.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/california-recall-election-newsom/

• Like 1