Origins of the Global Pandemic

Nicole44

Just now, David Dennison said:

I honestly don't care where or how it started.

I’m really only concerned about how we deal with the situation at hand, and given that we can’t stop stepping on our collective dicks on that front, and I can’t imagine how spending a bunch of time trying find something to blame is going to a constructive use of time. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yes, it is. They continue to obstruct the investigation. They orchestrated a cover-up of not just origin, but severity in their own country. Only 4,000 dead? Yeah right. They can get fucked. 

I love you. It’s the country song. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Royalfan5 said:

I’m really only concerned about how we deal with the situation at hand, and given that we can’t stop stepping on our collective dicks on that front, and I can’t imagine how spending a bunch of time trying find something to blame is going to a constructive use of time. 

Bingo.

The world should know the origin of the virus and China should be on the hook for the economic damages caused by Covid. Now that we are over a year into the pandemic the U.S., E.U. and our allies should pressure China for transparency and reparations.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

The world should know the origin of the virus and China should be on the hook for the economic damages caused by Covid. Now that we are over a year into the pandemic the U.S., E.U. and our allies should pressure China for transparency and reparations.

You want to change China's behavior?

Stop buying Chinese made goods.

Neither reparations nor economic damages are coming.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, F250 said:

But orange man bad!

Chinese lab shit the bed. Who could have seen that coming. They covered it up. Who could have seen that coming. We funded the work. We failed to practice even minimal oversight. The results have been that a bunch of scientists made fools out of themselves in attempt to save their golden goose. Bottom line just stop sending money to China to conduct dangerous research in substandard labs with no oversight and transparency. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

But orange man bad!

Chinese lab shit the bed. Who could have seen that coming. They covered it up. Who could have seen that coming. We funded the work. We failed to practice even minimal oversight. The results have been that a bunch of scientists made fools out of themselves in attempt to save their golden goose. Bottom line just stop sending money to China to conduct dangerous research in substandard labs with no oversight and transparency. 

The orange man is bad. Even you know that.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You want to change China's behavior?

Stop buying Chinese made goods.

Neither reparations nor economic damages are coming.

Yes, China's behavior can be influenced through economic policies. I doubt that Biden has it in him to rock the boat so I agree nothing will be done.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I can't believe people in charge of public health ever thought gain of function research was a super awesome idea. It sounds like a plot device from a cheesy sci fi movie. 

Gain of function doesn't mean create killer monster super death bug. God, people are stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Case in point. 

This. It was obvious that the orange man was using Chyna as a distraction to his incompetence.
However that doesn't mean that Chinese responsibility should be overlooked. Unfortunately, some have gone so far down the "orange man bad" rabbit hole they can't address this topic in a reasonable manner.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Just now, F250 said:

This. It was obvious that the orange man was using Chyna as a distraction to his incompetence.
However that doesn't mean that Chinese responsibility should be overlooked. Unfortunately, some have gone so far down the "orange man bad" rabbit hole they can't address this topic in a reasonable manner.

There is no way to address it. We are that economically dependent on China. 

There is no way to address it. We are that economically dependent on China. 

As I said earlier, the U.S., E.U. and our allies can address this. While China is too strong for the U.S. to battle alone without harming our own economy, China's economy isn't strong enough to deal with all the Western Liberal Democracies if they are united in their actions.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

OK, team. Let's hear some thoughts on how we are going to punish China for saddling us with COVID without destroying our own consumer based economy.

Purchasing power. And yes them a lot in the nostrils with no lube.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

As I said earlier, the U.S., E.U. and our allies can address this. While China is too strong for the U.S. to battle alone without harming our own economy, China's economy isn't strong enough to deal with all the Western Liberal Democracies if they are united in their actions.

Globally we refuse to acknowledge that they contribute the most to climate issues. They caused the global pandemic and yet we are their bitches.

• Like 1

Just now, F250 said:

Can all of those western liberal democracies handle the kind of price shocks that would go with a trade war with China?

• Like 1

I think there is a fair chance that China fucked up (unintentionally) and started all this.  I think that it is something worth investigating and having a serious discussion about, if for nothing else to figure out some proactive steps to take to try and mitigate that fuck up risk in the future (let's face it, we ain't gonna stop studying viruses and neither are they). 

That said I also know you don't spend a lot of time when you are the fire chief talking about or worrying about the arson investigation to come when the skyscraper is still in the middle of burning down.

The idea anybody is punishing China over this is laughable...again let's just figure out if there is anything to be done to stop it from happening again once we put this fucking fire out.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Can all of those western liberal democracies handle the kind of price shocks that would go with a trade war with China?

LOL you are arguing with me as if I am advocating a Trumpkin trade war.

TDS bro.

Because if anything this pandemic has showed us is that people here will quietly tolerate shortages and inconvenience as part of a perceived greater good, right? 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

So, who wants to stop buying Chinese sourced goods first?

Just now, F250 said:

LOL you are arguing with me as if I am advocating a Trumpkin trade war.

TDS bro.

What do you suggest we do to show our collective displeasure and how do you propose we deal with the inevitable retaliation?

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

I think that it is something worth investigating and having a serious discussion about, if for nothing else to figure out some proactive steps to take to try and mitigate that fuck up risk in the future (let's face it, we ain't gonna stop studying viruses and neither are they). 

This. A root cause must be determined if the world wants to avoid a repeat. China is not known for being transparent nor cooperative so obviously a stick instead of a carrot must be used.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

What do you suggest we do to show our collective displeasure and how do you propose we deal with the inevitable retaliation?

Kill their government. Swift strike and kill Russia’s government too. 

What I will do is avoid engaging your CR trolling shit posting.

• Hook 'Em 2