2021-2022 hunting thread

markstanco

47 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

It was 117 degrees on Saturday afternoon. CHIEF Jr., Clark, and I had to find somewhere to cool off.

Man, that's rough.  Dangerous territory.  I remember as a kid and even lately getting sun sick and feeling nauseous and light headed.  Water alonemade your stomach turn.  We'd pound Gatorade and my wise old grandfather knew to have me hold a bottle of ice water.  Capillaries in your face, feet, and hands are closer to the skin and conduct heat/cold much better, so I'd sit in the truck with the AC on holding this bottle of ice water with two hands and it really helps.  

My daughter had games at the turf FC Dallas soccer fields this weekend.  Same thing.  Getting sick, so at half time she'd open her big ice water jug and stick a hand in it to lower her core temp.  Nice little life/heat hack I learned as a wee lad that I can pass on to the my little carbon copies.  

59 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Man, that's rough.  Dangerous territory.  I remember as a kid and even lately getting sun sick and feeling nauseous and light headed.  Water alonemade your stomach turn.  We'd pound Gatorade and my wise old grandfather knew to have me hold a bottle of ice water.  Capillaries in your face, feet, and hands are closer to the skin and conduct heat/cold much better, so I'd sit in the truck with the AC on holding this bottle of ice water with two hands and it really helps.  

My daughter had games at the turf FC Dallas soccer fields this weekend.  Same thing.  Getting sick, so at half time she'd open her big ice water jug and stick a hand in it to lower her core temp.  Nice little life/heat hack I learned as a wee lad that I can pass on to the my little carbon copies.  

We're already to that time of the year where we have to work at night, and sleep during the day.

The only bright spot was the United Grocery, in Seymour, has a shit ton of baby formula.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Turf fields are horrible in this heat. That shit just absorbs all the heat and radiates it. 

It was bad.  She plays center back, and when the play was on the opposite side of the field I kept wondering why she kept shifting back and forth.  After the game she told me how hot her boots were getting and how she had to keep raising one off the turf, then switch.  

They also "eat knees".  As we've seen with so many CFB players get injured.  Your cleats bite in, but the turf won't give and torques the knee out.  At least grass gives and it much safer on the players.  

Edited by BabaYaga

One of CHIEF Jr.'s buddies (he is the first kid in the first aoudad shot) thought about getting on our lease, last year, but it is too far of a drive for his buddy from Houston/Austin to our lease. The buddy is a CPA for Price Waterhouse in Houston currently, but has been mainly working remotely in Austin (girlfriend lives in Austin, and pussy is undefeated). His dad is the head of radiology at our hospital, here, in Granbury. They are originally from Turkey, Tx. and hunted out west, but are looking for something more central Texas. They are good at aging, and managing practices. They both make great money, and are willing to invest it in the lease. Best of all, they are big Longhorn Fans.

If anyone has a spot open for two guns, I would not hesitate to recommend them. They also have their own RV, so a cabin isn't necessary. It is set up to be able to receive Longhorn games from anywhere.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
location/games
  • Hook 'Em 2

(I posted in Dec 2021 that I was on a mission to take a Bull Elk in 2022 with my dad’s Weatherby Mark V chambered in 300 Weatherby Magnum, the rifle given to him for that very purpose 35 years ago upon his retirement but that he never got to shoot before cancer took him.  Here’s where I am now.)

Finally getting to work on zeroing the Mark V.  Been a busy spring, but now all I can think about is Utah at the end of August.  Set up a range at the farm for 50, 100, 200, and 300 yards.  The Mark V is on the lead sled, buddy’s suppressed Ruger American .308 on the table.

3590C82A-3A22-425F-999A-3BFF45AE56D9.thumb.jpeg.e9b0d87bf81d25713b17dff6049d3380.jpeg

I was able to dial in a decent grouping in the orange at 100 yards, but rain cancelled the session before I could work at the 200.

F20204F7-28FA-47B7-8478-19F30A9A23C2.thumb.jpeg.c84cf055fe92381a659ac3cbc6f39d95.jpeg

The action initially was very tight but loosened a bit as I ran it though its paces; need to be able to quickly initiate follow-up shots.  Before long, she’ll be purring like a mountain lion.

However, there is an issue.  I was hoping to run with the original Zeiss 3-9x36, but, with a nasty astigmatism in my dominant eye and generally shitty vision, I think I’m going to need more magnification for a potential 250 yard shot in the field without the niceties of a shooting bench and lead sled.  Indeed, I feel like I’d get better results at 200 with my 5-20x ATN X-Site II HD day/night scope.  Anyone have any suggestions for a good Elk scope (lightweight, magnification, objective lens size, etc.) ?  I’ve never had the need to venture beyond the 3-9x40 glass universe before.  @686 had mentioned some manufacturers.  @Brisketexan, you mentioned that you had the same rifle but wanted to upgrade the glass.  Have you, and if so, to what?

Been working on the cardio and techniques to prepare for the shot, as @686, @BabaYaga, and @deadshank advised.

With regard to the ammo we discussed, mostly all the 300 Weatherby Magnum ammo I’ve found on the market this year has been Weatherby Select and Select Plus 165 and 180 Grain Hornady Interlock with a box or two of Remington Core-Lokt 180 grain softpoints here and there.  I decided to go heavy (and cheaper) and went with the Select 180 interlock to shoot-in the rifle.

BE487D3E-B285-4BC0-900C-A33D767142AC.thumb.jpeg.cd25347764c2bbb9605173b8b6ec96e6.jpeg

That said, just last week, more variety started hitting the market, including Weatherby Select Plus 180 grain Barnes TTSX and 200 grain Accubond, plus tons more Remington 180 grain Core-Lokt.  @Gladeite, thanks for the recs for the 200 Accubond and others in your post.  Anyone else have any thoughts on ammo?

Guide is supposed to contact us in June with more details; he gave us the basics earlier this year so that we could start planning (good call, @686).  More posts to follow more frequently.  Shaping up to be epic.

Thanks again for any and all input/advice/insight.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, solamente73 said:

@Brisketexan, you mentioned that you had the same rifle but wanted to upgrade the glass.  Have you, and if so, to what?

I have not.  I haven't even shot that rifle in probably 8 years.  And shit, ammo is so damned hard to find now.  I've been shooting my dad's old Mark V in 30/06, so that's probably going to be my first glass upgrade.  Been looking at Vortex products, but haven't decided on one yet.

That .300 Mag is a thunderstick, no doubt.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, solamente73 said:

That said, just last week, more variety started hitting the market, including Weatherby Select Plus 180 grain Barnes TTSX and 200 grain Accubond, plus tons more Remington 180 grain Core-Lokt.  @Gladeite, thanks for the recs for the 200 Accubond and others in your post.  Anyone else have any thoughts on ammo?

Guide is supposed to contact us in June with more details; he gave us the basics earlier this year so that we could start planning (good call, @686).  More posts to follow more frequently.  Shaping up to be epic.

Placement is probably more important than the specifics of the ammo.  That thunderstick will do the job quite well.  Might want to pick the guides brain on what you should be doing to prepare, especially off-hand shooting with a elevated heart rate as you might be chasing animals up and down the mountains.  You might be shooting from a elevated or depressed position as well.  That will chance the calculus of your shots.  Good luck!

• Hook 'Em 1

Can you buy a minor a lifetime hunting license in Texas? It seems they have to be 17 but figured it was worth asking the experts since I am not finding anything 100% definitive on the TPWD website. I can just keep buying the youth license but it would be nice to get a head start on the ROE for the boys.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Can you buy a minor a lifetime hunting license in Texas? It seems they have to be 17 but figured it was worth asking the experts since I am not finding anything 100% definitive on the TPWD website. I can just keep buying the youth license but it would be nice to get a head start on the ROE for the boys.

Yeah, min age is 17

• Hook 'Em 1

BY, here is what I use:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/zeiss-conquest-v4-rifle-scope?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Cabelas|Search|DSA|CatchAll|General|NAud|NVol|NMT&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhLKUBhDiARIsAMaTLnE9yePx0s-QslJuxWLv-BFzQf59ZtDgSBIMc9k2GXHCDQK73uh68b0aAjCLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

mine is stainless, and I paid about half as much 16 years ago. But it's a great scope. I had perfect vision when I got it, but now need glasses. It has an adjustable focus on the rear objective, so I can shoot it without my glasses. I like the 44mm objective, it's a noticeable difference, in size, to the 50mm. Less chance of getting knocked off, and easier to put in cases. The objective is not wider than the gun, so a gun case doesn't pressure it from the sides.

CHIEF

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Good thing it’s not hot or humid. What a leisurely stroll that must have been!

I went from 8:30 to 1:00.  It was hot but not stupid hot.   Windy enough to make the sweat work well with Dryfit under a Wrangler work shirt.  

Made about 2 miles.   The fence was bad overgrown in quite a few areas while others were just fine with no growth.   

Plenty of water, Gatorade, Copenhagen, bar oil and 50:1.   

• Hook 'Em 5

Was out back a moment ago while cooking supper for one.  

Saw Biden’s Kelly AFB bound air flotilla go by just to the north of our camp.  Several Ospreys and Marine One.  Looked like there was a few high fliers way up doing overwatch.  

Garner Field is about 10 miles away as the crow files.  

• Hook 'Em 4

(I posted in Dec 2021 that I was on a mission to take a Bull Elk in 2022 with my dad’s Weatherby Mark V chambered in 300 Weatherby Magnum, the rifle given to him for that very purpose 35 years ago upon his retirement but that he never got to shoot before cancer took him.  Here’s where I am now.)
Finally getting to work on zeroing the Mark V.  Been a busy spring, but now all I can think about is Utah at the end of August.  Set up a range at the farm for 50, 100, 200, and 300 yards.  The Mark V is on the lead sled, buddy’s suppressed Ruger American .308 on the table.
3590C82A-3A22-425F-999A-3BFF45AE56D9.thumb.jpeg.e9b0d87bf81d25713b17dff6049d3380.jpeg
I was able to dial in a decent grouping in the orange at 100 yards, but rain cancelled the session before I could work at the 200.
F20204F7-28FA-47B7-8478-19F30A9A23C2.thumb.jpeg.c84cf055fe92381a659ac3cbc6f39d95.jpeg
The action initially was very tight but loosened a bit as I ran it though its paces; need to be able to quickly initiate follow-up shots.  Before long, she’ll be purring like a mountain lion.
However, there is an issue.  I was hoping to run with the original Zeiss 3-9x36, but, with a nasty astigmatism in my dominant eye and generally shitty vision, I think I’m going to need more magnification for a potential 250 yard shot in the field without the niceties of a shooting bench and lead sled.  Indeed, I feel like I’d get better results at 200 with my 5-20x ATN X-Site II HD day/night scope.  Anyone have any suggestions for a good Elk scope (lightweight, magnification, objective lens size, etc.) ?  I’ve never had the need to venture beyond the 3-9x40 glass universe before.  [mention=2146]686[/mention] had mentioned some manufacturers.  [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention], you mentioned that you had the same rifle but wanted to upgrade the glass.  Have you, and if so, to what?
Been working on the cardio and techniques to prepare for the shot, as [mention=2146]686[/mention], [mention=1701]BabaYaga[/mention], and [mention=680]deadshank[/mention] advised.
With regard to the ammo we discussed, mostly all the 300 Weatherby Magnum ammo I’ve found on the market this year has been Weatherby Select and Select Plus 165 and 180 Grain Hornady Interlock with a box or two of Remington Core-Lokt 180 grain softpoints here and there.  I decided to go heavy (and cheaper) and went with the Select 180 interlock to shoot-in the rifle.
BE487D3E-B285-4BC0-900C-A33D767142AC.thumb.jpeg.cd25347764c2bbb9605173b8b6ec96e6.jpeg

That said, just last week, more variety started hitting the market, including Weatherby Select Plus 180 grain Barnes TTSX and 200 grain Accubond, plus tons more Remington 180 grain Core-Lokt.  [mention=2928]Gladeite[/mention], thanks for the recs for the 200 Accubond and others in your post.  Anyone else have any thoughts on ammo?
Guide is supposed to contact us in June with more details; he gave us the basics earlier this year so that we could start planning (good call, [mention=2146]686[/mention]).  More posts to follow more frequently.  Shaping up to be epic.
Thanks again for any and all input/advice/insight.

My eyes aren’t great either. Good glass useable up to at least 16 power helps me a lot. The absolute highest magnification on a scope usually causes too much eye strain for me, so I back off the max power for what is really useable. My Swarovski Z6i 3-18 x 50 really reduces eye strain for me.

Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 x 44 would be great glass. $1400, 1” tube, 16oz. weight

Zeiss V6 3-18 x 50 fantastic $1800 30mm tube, 22oz.

Zeiss V4 4-16 x 44 $1150 slight step down, 30mm tube, 22oz.

There are boatloads more at lower price points, but when I put people behind my various riflescopes in the field in lower light conditions, they usually enjoy looking through the Swarovski glass versus lower end glass. My other scopes are mid-tier vortex, Sig BDX, and Nikon.

If it is work/a struggle to get on target / see target / focus, etc. and you’re feeling eye strain off the bench in the middle of the day, it’s only going to be worse hunting in lower light conditions when your under pressure.

My dad was being cheap years ago and took a 40 year old Leupold 3-9x40 scope on a hunting trip that he was struggling with as I described above, and it almost really screwed things up for us.

We are in a golden age of optics right now. It’s really incredible if you think about it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, deadshank said:

One man. 

One pole saw. 

3 miles of overgrowth to cut.  

A200D10C-C6C4-421A-9FF5-C96C980E2E78.jpeg

FB63BA36-2F73-460C-90DA-886C6CEE4B9C.jpeg

If we didn't have such a coyote problem I always joked with my dad about turning loose a few dozens goats.  They'll have those younger mesquites eaten back in weeks.  

Dad's like sure, let's get a herd of goats, then a week later, we have a pack of fat coyotes....

I still attack the old fashioned way.  A backpack sprayer, a wand, and gallons of diesel and remedy/sendero.  Fun times.  I would like to see one of those mulching attachments they make for skid steers.  

Installed some new feeder pens this weekend.  I introduce you to the “ManSaver” - quite possibly the greatest poor man invention known for driving  T posts.  It feels like cheating and I love it!  (Too bad this thing wasn’t around when I was 18 and spent a whole f’ing summer constructing a horse pen:) 

Edited by JCHIL

17 minutes ago, JCHIL said:

Installed some new feeder pens this weekend.  I introduce you to the “ManSaver” - quite possibly the greatest poor man invention known for driving  T posts.  It feels like cheating and I love it!  (Too bad this thing wasn’t around when I was 18 and spent a whole f’ing summer constructing a horse pen:) 

I knew you when your were 18.  I can confirm it took you the WHOLE summer. 

You're not any good but at least you're slow.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Bruh how you gonna get them nice big lats if you don’t put in the work driving in those posts?

Lats are low on my priority list at this point in my illustrious and well lived life.  I'm really into the art of how to work smarter, not harder...Im a slow learner but catching on pretty quick now😄

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JCHIL said:

Lats are low on my priority list at this point in my illustrious and well lived life.  I'm really into the art of how to work smarter, not harder...Im a slow learner but catching on pretty quick now😄

When we moved out to the sticks when I was young I had never seen one of those post pounders. It quickly became my nemesis and my dad was happy to let me do the dirty work. After long ass days of fence work I would sleep like a rock, but I swear the noise would repeat in my dreams subconsciously. 

45 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

This was for a pen around a feeder? How much of a pussy are you that you need to haul that thing and a compressor out just for a handful of T-posts? And the spray paint on the ground?

Mostly kidding, I bet the ground is a bit harder out y'all's direction than it is over here.

These are large feeder pens and we did 5 of them and yes, there is sporadic limestone about 5-6" beneath the surface that we hit on about 1 out of 5....Not pictured is the rock drill we use prior to setting the posts....Yes, my hunting partner is an engineer so spray paint is a requirement-haha!  We also string the top of the fence with electric wire to keep the cows from messin with the pen..

Edited by JCHIL

38 minutes ago, JCHIL said:

These are large feeder pens and we did 5 of them and yes, there is sporadic limestone about 5-6" beneath the surface that we hit on about 1 out of 5....Not pictured is the rock drill we use prior to setting the posts....Yes, my hunting partner is an engineer so spray paint is a requirement-haha!  We also string the top of the fence with electric wire to keep the cows from messin with the pen..

Shit. Last one I built I swore would be the last, and we don’t have limestone, just no moisture. Mine pens are just large. Lots of rodeo arena jokes around camp. I need to look into the hot wire. Fuck them cows.  

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Shit. Last one I built I swore would be the last, and we don’t have limestone, just no moisture. Mine pens are just large. Lots of rodeo arena jokes around camp. I need to look into the hot wire. Fuck them cows.  

We built our pens at 36' diameter circles - large enough to not have our feeders throw too close to fence to tempt the hogs or cows to lean over or try to get under and fuck up the hog wire.  We had a few very athletic cows that could hurdle the 36" hog wire so we went with electric fence on top to curtail the jumping bastards.

17 hours ago, JCHIL said:

Yes, my hunting partner is an engineer so spray paint is a requirement-haha!  We also string the top of the fence with electric wire to keep the cows from messin with the pen..

Did he show up with a drawing and lay out the pens with a transit and chain?  If not, tell him to step up his game for next time.

• Hook 'Em 1

I bought one of these last year:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073DBLL29/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CHIEF Jr. gets paid to move the feeder pens and feeders on our lease. We pull down about four or five pens and move them per year. With the T-post puller from Tractor Supply, and this driver, we can move a pen and rebuild it in about 3 hours. It stays at the lease, and anyone can use it. It has already paid for itself twice.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF Jr. gets paid to move the feeder pens and feeders on our lease. We pull down about four or five pens and move them per year. With the T-post puller from Tractor Supply, and this driver, we can move a pen and rebuild it in about 3 hours. It stays at the lease, and anyone can use it. It has already paid for itself twice.

CHIEF

So, uh, does CHIEF Jr. have 3 hours to spare this weekend?

• Haha 1

I would have paid good money to see this interaction last night. My charger can run 11 miles of hot wire, it only has about 100 feet on it. You have to keep the wire at least 3/4" away from panels or posts, or it will jump to the grounded item. will shoot a flame for 1/2":Hog-Hotwire.png

CHIEF

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

You could buy one for what the diesel would cost. LOL. It would probably be worth checking to see if there is someone who rents them, they are life changing.

CHIEF

It’s costing a king’s ransom in fuel to round trip it nowadays. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've been meaning to post about this for a few weeks but haven't sat down to do it, but here it goes. At the beginning of May, me and three friends went dove hunting in Argentina. We got the trip in August of 2020 almost through happenstance. I live in a Gulf Coast County in Southeast Texas, and my county's Ducks Unlimited chapter held their annual banquet and live auction online because of COVID. It also happened to be the weekend that Hurricane Laura was supposed to hit us so nobody was paying attention to the auction and we bought the trip for the minimum bid. Ultimately, we think it might have saved us $750 at most, but it was definitely the impetus for us to go.

Two of us had some trouble getting down there (United delayed our overnight flight from Houston to Buenos Aires by 12 hours, making it a day flight and turning our 4-hour layover from BA to Cordoba into a 12-hour layover where we had to spend a night in BA and causing us to miss almost a full day of sightseeing in Cordoba), but once our outfitter picked us up at the Cordoba airport, the experience was fantastic.

Our lodge was about an hour and a half from the airport, but they took us straight to the field to start hunting. We all shot 20 gauge Benelli Montefeltros--two of ours being brand new--that we rented from the lodge. The bird boys (men) were all fantastic and reloaded our shotguns for us (I'm still not sure how I feel about that). They built nice blinds each day and had plenty of beer for us while we hunted. Each day we had a 7:00 wakeup call followed by breakfast and a ~30 minute drive to the field. We would usually hunt for about 3-3.5 hours then break for lunch. The would cook lunch for us in the field then serve it to us at a table under a tent with beer and wine. After, they had hammocks and cots set up for us to nap for about an hour before the afternoon hunt. 

After we hunted, they would take us back to the lodge, which was an experience itself. They had a fully stocked bar, a full menu for us to order from, a hot tub. They also had a masseuse available and dry cleaning. We almost wished we had an afternoon off so that we could relax there. 

On the hunting, we had all heard stories about people shooting 1,000 birds a day, but frankly we didn't see those flights. Each of us budgeted to shoot 1,000 shells a day, but we all ended up shooting half that. Having said that, we all agreed that was a nice, steady pace and weren't upset by it at all. Anymore would've been work. The bird boys picked up as many dove as the could after we hunted, which they cleaned and donated to local schools. 

In all, each of us spent about $5,500 on the trip including airfare, with the costs spread out over almost two years. I would recommend doing it once and can see myself doing it again several years from now. I would use the same outfitter but stay at a different lodge, only to get a little different of an experience.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Publiushorn said:

I've been meaning to post about this for a few weeks but haven't sat down to do it, but here it goes. At the beginning of May, me and three friends went dove hunting in Argentina. We got the trip in August of 2020 almost through happenstance. I live in a Gulf Coast County in Southeast Texas, and my county's Ducks Unlimited chapter held their annual banquet and live auction online because of COVID. It also happened to be the weekend that Hurricane Laura was supposed to hit us so nobody was paying attention to the auction and we bought the trip for the minimum bid. Ultimately, we think it might have saved us $750 at most, but it was definitely the impetus for us to go.

Two of us had some trouble getting down there (United delayed our overnight flight from Houston to Buenos Aires by 12 hours, making it a day flight and turning our 4-hour layover from BA to Cordoba into a 12-hour layover where we had to spend a night in BA and causing us to miss almost a full day of sightseeing in Cordoba), but once our outfitter picked us up at the Cordoba airport, the experience was fantastic.

Our lodge was about an hour and a half from the airport, but they took us straight to the field to start hunting. We all shot 20 gauge Benelli Montefeltros--two of ours being brand new--that we rented from the lodge. The bird boys (men) were all fantastic and reloaded our shotguns for us (I'm still not sure how I feel about that). They built nice blinds each day and had plenty of beer for us while we hunted. Each day we had a 7:00 wakeup call followed by breakfast and a ~30 minute drive to the field. We would usually hunt for about 3-3.5 hours then break for lunch. The would cook lunch for us in the field then serve it to us at a table under a tent with beer and wine. After, they had hammocks and cots set up for us to nap for about an hour before the afternoon hunt. 

After we hunted, they would take us back to the lodge, which was an experience itself. They had a fully stocked bar, a full menu for us to order from, a hot tub. They also had a masseuse available and dry cleaning. We almost wished we had an afternoon off so that we could relax there. 

On the hunting, we had all heard stories about people shooting 1,000 birds a day, but frankly we didn't see those flights. Each of us budgeted to shoot 1,000 shells a day, but we all ended up shooting half that. Having said that, we all agreed that was a nice, steady pace and weren't upset by it at all. Anymore would've been work. The bird boys picked up as many dove as the could after we hunted, which they cleaned and donated to local schools. 

In all, each of us spent about $5,500 on the trip including airfare, with the costs spread out over almost two years. I would recommend doing it once and can see myself doing it again several years from now. I would use the same outfitter but stay at a different lodge, only to get a little different of an experience.  

Can you share which outfitter you went with?  My son has three buddies who are all going into their freshman year of HS in the fall, and all four dads have already been talking about taking the boys down to Argentina when they graduate from high school.  Probably going to start planning in a year or two.  Appreciate the write up and info on cost.

5 minutes ago, Spaulding Smails said:

Can you share which outfitter you went with?  My son has three buddies who are all going into their freshman year of HS in the fall, and all four dads have already been talking about taking the boys down to Argentina when they graduate from high school.  Probably going to start planning in a year or two.  Appreciate the write up and info on cost.

we used David Denies and stayed at the la Dormice Lodge. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I got extremely close to a trip once, and it got postponed, then cancelled altogether.  Need to get back on that. Argentina is full of great wing shooting, meat, and wine.  This was several years ago and we were told it would be about 5k all in, with some gifts/tips sprinkled in for the bird boys (men).  Glad to see it hasn't gone crazy, especially with the inflation they are fighting (>50%).