Bobby and Giada in Italy

closetohumping

On 8/20/2021 at 11:42 AM, Deej said:

If there was any chef you'd really hope they find hanging from the shower rod in his hotel room, it's Bobby Flay. 

I dont know,  man. I've eaten at a couple of his restaurants and I know he wasn't in the back cooking, but fantastic fucking food. And he pulls ass. And strange. He's Surly in my book. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/21/2021 at 4:41 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Anybody got nudes of Giada?

No, but there's some of Nigella Lawson.  

Another hot one was Sandra Lee.  Just perfect.

Going to sidetrack this just a bit, but Food Network seems to have no trouble booting some of their old legacies.  The aforementioned Lawson, Rachel Rea, Alton Brown.  All have reduced or no roles.

38 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Going to sidetrack this just a bit, but Food Network seems to have no trouble booting some of their old legacies.  The aforementioned Lawson, Rachel Rea, Alton Brown.  All have reduced or no roles.

Not sure what happened to Lawson.  Ray got really fat and Alton has been doing more of his own thing and pretty sure still has one of the bigger followings of anybody ever to grace that network.  

Not sure what happened to Lawson.  Ray got really fat and Alton has been doing more of his own thing and pretty sure still has one of the bigger followings of anybody ever to grace that network.  
Alton is about to start or already started a good eats live tour.

7 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
9 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Alton is about to start or already started a good eats live tour.

Yea he's done things like that before before. I went to one in Dallas back 3-4 years ago called "Eat Your Science". It was actually damn entertaining.  One of his bits was making a cocktail and having people come up on stage and spin this wheel for  their spirit, mixer and finisher.  Chick when I was there got tequila, amaro and fish sauce.  He then went into this whole bit about freezing and how it removed the taste...entertaining sciency shit like that.   And yes they consumed it.

Edited by Surly Bevo

IIRC when discovery bought food network they wanted to steer away from the cooking shows and concentrate more on the contest and food tourism shows. I can't remember the reasoning behind it but that's why you all of a sudden saw Emeril disappear and bobby flay move out of a studio kitchen and into the "beat bobby flay" series etc. That's about the same time Rachael ray went to her talk show and they stopped showing reruns of any studio cooking shows. They got moved to the cooking channel instead. That's pretty much when I stopped watching the food network. They used to have such a good lineup starting from primetime through 2am (galloping gourmet reruns!) and then they ruined it
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, pops said:

I dont know,  man. I've eaten at a couple of his restaurants and I know he wasn't in the back cooking, but fantastic fucking food. And he pulls ass. And strange. He's Surly in my book. 

Flay's daughter is not too shabby either

9 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

IIRC when discovery bought food network they wanted to steer away from the cooking shows and concentrate more on the contest and food tourism shows. I can't remember the reasoning behind it but that's why you all of a sudden saw Emeril disappear and bobby flay move out of a studio kitchen and into the "beat bobby flay" series etc. That's about the same time Rachael ray went to her talk show and they stopped showing reruns of any studio cooking shows. They got moved to the cooking channel instead. That's pretty much when I stopped watching the food network. They used to have such a good lineup starting from primetime through 2am (galloping gourmet reruns!) and then they ruined it

This right here.....

I remember the first show I watched on the network back in the mid 90's was Grillin and Chillin with Jack McDavid and Bobby Flay.

Of Sandra Lee, Anthony Bourdain famously stated, “This frightening Hell Spawn of Kathie Lee and Betty Crocker seems on a mission to kill her fans, one meal at a time.”
  • Like 1

tyler's ultimate prime rib was the first prime rib i ever did right after college.  i still use that same method to this day.  

other shows i miss:

iron chef reruns

east meets west

good eats

barefoot contessa

everyday italian

boy meets grill

naked chef (jamie oliver) all of the jamie oliver ones actually

two fat ladies

all of the nigellas

• 2 months later...

Always liked Bobby Flay. I watched all of his FN show religiously like a decade ago when I was really trying to learn how to cook.  His shows on grilling were the best.

Now it seems all of the shows are cooking contests or something. I miss the shows where they would show techniques, basics, etc.