Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)

texifornia

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Tested positive, in quarantine, is not publicly advocating for the vaccine, won't say whether he's vaxxed (sounds like he isn't), and missing fall camp in first season at Auburn. What could possibly go wrong?

I thought people in Alabama would be supportive of being anti-vaxx. Did he not mention Trump?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 8

I remember when he and his wife visited Austin in 2011 it was a big selling point that his church was right there on the drag. I’m going to need someone else to confirm because I’m loaded on pain killers right now and could be confusing Harsin for Cruise and Christian Scientists with Scientology.  

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I remember when he and his wife visited Austin in 2011 it was a big selling point that his church was right there on the drag. I’m going to need someone else to confirm because I’m loaded on pain killers right now and could be confusing Harsin for Cruise and Christian Scientists with Scientology.  

Why are you posting on the Bama board?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Christian Science probably right, they don't buy modern medicine, which is weird considering the name and all...

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Thujone had a funny cartoon where he superimposed his caricature of Harsin over a photo of the Scientology center.  I tried, but couldn't find it.  Anyone have it?

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Well, they would support him in the abstract when the only things at stake are hundreds of thousands or even millions of lives and shutting down our economy, but as soon as there are more serious real world consequences  involved like their football team’s season possibly being derailed, then they can’t put up with any anti-vax nonsense. 

Also most of the players are nigras.  They don't care if the nigras get 'sperimented on.  Or forced to do anything against their will.

I never quite believed the Scientology rumor.

LDS makes a lot more sense.  And, I just saw this article, where the mrs. is quoted twice as saying "Be Of Good Cheer."  https://www.eaglemagazine.com/2014/08/28/the-harsins/

Well, that is scriptural in origin, appearing a couple of times in Matthew and elsewhere in the gospel  But it is also engrafted into the Book of Mormon and is a popular Mormon slogan.

Aaaand, while Mormon leaders endorse the vaccine, Mormons have been gene therapy "skeptics" historically, and their vaccine skepticism is high and uptake is low.

Edited by TwiceHorn

One of the best human beings I know is an Auburn grad. They’re beaten down as a fanbase and need a win. 

That said a Scientologist from Boise was never going to be a good fit. Unless he’s bringing Tom Cruise with him, how that’s going to play in predominantly Southern Baptist living rooms? 

I don’t think the game has passed Harsin by, but he’s far from a cutting edge offensive mind right now. If Auburn wanted to roll the dice, they should have hired Joe Brady. 

Harsin’s best bet for Power 5 success: 

image.gif.bcd98dfba6fa4bd978ce35666e33d2b4.gif

Edited by billfromlaketravis

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I never quite believed the Scientology rumor.

LDS makes a lot more sense.  And, I just saw this article, where the mrs. is quoted twice as saying "Be Of Good Cheer."  https://www.eaglemagazine.com/2014/08/28/the-harsins/

Well, that is scriptural in origin, appearing a couple of times in Matthew and elsewhere in the gospel  But it is also engrafted into the Book of Mormon and is a popular Mormon slogan.

Aaaand, while Mormon leaders endorse the vaccine, Mormons have been gene therapy "skeptics" historically, and their vaccine skepticism is high and uptake is low.

He's not Mormon. The scientology rumor may be true, only xenu knows. 

But I do know he's a weird fucker that is horrible with boosters/fans. There were plenty in boise that were glad to see him go. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also most of the players are nigras.  They don't care if the nigras get 'sperimented on.  Or forced to do anything against their will.

There was probably a more tactful way to say this.  For instance... here's Ole Miss answering whether or not they plan on requiring their players to get the vaccine

thujone.jpg.97f455bfc381ad9f382d404647690cb8.jpg

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

There was probably a more tactful way to say this.  For instance... here's Ole Miss answering whether or not they plan on requiring their players to get the vaccine

thujone.jpg.97f455bfc381ad9f382d404647690cb8.jpg

Except Ole Miss did. They're at 100%. They're not forfeiting a game for dumb shit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Missed this WR coach firing... also benching Bo Nix

"Auburn Football: Factors that led to Cornelius Williams firing after week 4 "

by Zach McKinnell4 days ago

Auburn football officially announced on Sunday afternoon that first-year wide receivers coach Cornelius Williams has been fired after only four games in the 2021 season. This comes after Auburn only mustered one offensive touchdown against Georgia State in a 34-24 win this Saturday in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Williams previously served as the wide receivers coach at Troy, but was hired by Bryan Harsin in January and signed a 2-year contract worth $600,000, which came with a buyout according to Auburn Undercover. Before his time at Troy, Williams served as the wide receivers coach at UAB and also served the same role at Jacksonville State (2014), North Alabama (2013), & Murray State (2012).

Eric Kiesau will take over the vacant wide receivers coach role for the Tigers for the rest of the season. Kiesau was originally an offensive analyst for Auburn football and was brought to Auburn by Harsin from Boise State. He served as the offensive coordinator at Boise State from 2019-2020, in which the Broncos averaged over 400 yards of offense and scored over 30 points per game in that period.

The Auburn wide receivers have struggled throughout the first four games of the season, which was a predicted weak spot for this Auburn football team in the preseason due to inexperience after multiple key departures. The wide receiving group did not have a single player returning with double-digit catches coming into the 2021 season, which was a huge concern for many fans and experts.

According to Pro Football Focus, Kobe Hudson is the only Auburn football wide receiver with a receiving grade above 80.0, and every other wide receiver on the roster grades below 70.0 for the season. This unit has also struggled with drops and generating separation all season and has combined for 9 drops so far this year.

Bryan Harsin has made a giant statement this weekend by benching 2-year starter Bo Nix and now firing an assistant coach only four weeks into the season. Harsin wants to set a standard for Auburn football and has made it clear that those who do not meet this standard will be held accountable regardless of their status in the program.

Auburn football looks ahead to a huge matchup in Death Valley this weekend in a primetime matchup (8 pm/CT on ESPN) against LSU. Will the move pay off for the Tigers? Time will tell and this weekend will be a huge test for the Tigers, who are looking for their first win in Baton Rouge since 1999.

• immamac changed the title to Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)