Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)

texifornia

17 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I can’t believe they didn’t hire Hugh Freeze last time when they hired Harsin, and I guess I’ll be similarly shocked when they don’t hire him this time.  He’s the most Auburn coach ever, and he would win until he is forced out for cheating or some other scandal.  But that will be years from now, and is the Auburn way.  The coaches they don’t like are the ones who AREN’T shady scoundrels.

They hired Bruce Pearl whose baggage is like a steamer trunk compared to Freeze's small carry on bag. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sold on Deon being a successful coach at a major program.  I don't think Jackson State is a good measuring stick for the likes of Auburn.  And I haven't done a deep dive into the history of the most successful coaches, but it seems awfully rare that one of the true greats as a player finds anything close to that level of success as a coach.

But Auburn is pretty fucking stupid as an institution, so who knows.

Deon seems like an inspirational leader that today's players can relate to, almost like a father figure.  He feels more authentic than the usual retreads. While I think what he has accomplished is fairly amazing, I agree that it may not necessarily translate into a big, complex of world of major college football. I sure wish him success! 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Deon seems like an inspirational leader that today's players can relate to, almost like a father figure.  He feels more authentic than the usual retreads. While I think what he has accomplished is fairly amazing, I agree that it may not necessarily translate into a big, complex of world of major college football. I sure wish him success! 

Is this sarcasm?  Deion Sanders is a terrible human being.  If you would like evidence that he is a terrible human being, just google Deion Sanders charter school.  If you’re lazy, see below.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2016/02/02/the-spectacular-collapse-of-deion-sanders-prime-prep-academy/?outputType=amp

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Is this sarcasm?  Deion Sanders is a terrible human being.  If you would like evidence that he is a terrible human being, just google Deion Sanders charter school.  If you’re lazy, see below.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2016/02/02/the-spectacular-collapse-of-deion-sanders-prime-prep-academy/?outputType=amp

Life is complex, as are people. Maybe he did something bad. Now he is doing something awesome, in my opinion. Cheers.  

Just now, TreatyOak said:

He said nice things about you. 

I’m quite certain he said whatever he thought would benefit him the most today, with little thought about tomorrow.  He’s a conman with football credibility.   I can certainly see how viewed from afar this might seem like a feel good story.  Don’t be fooled about what Deion is, he is about the glorification of Deion and grifting every dollar he can grift along the way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m quite certain he said whatever he thought would benefit him the most today, with little thought about tomorrow.  He’s a conman with football credibility.   I can certainly see how viewed from afar this might seem like a feel good story.  Don’t be fooled about what Deion is, he is about the glorification of Deion and grifting every dollar he can grift along the way.

You just described Jimbo, Orgeron, Herman, and probably half the guys who have ever coached football. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

So how what was the relationship between Harsin and his players?  Will they be depressed and lay an egg against aggy, or will they be relieved, play loose, and move the ags one step closer to bowl ineligibility?  

You just described the perfect Win Win. Fuck both programs.

16 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

He’s the most Auburn coach ever, and he would win until he is forced out for cheating or some other scandal.  But that will be years from now, and is the Auburn way.  The coaches they don’t like are the ones who AREN’T shady scoundrels.

After the past 13 years, I have become ethically ambivalent about “cheating” in college sports. Nobody really polices it and it’s never going to stop. Now with NIL it is quasi-legalized. Does anyone not think of Reggie Bush as a 2004 champion and a Heisman winner, and are Trojan fans’ happy memories less meaningful to them today? Do Auburn fans (or anyone really) give a crap about Cam’s dad getting $200k or just remember they won? Winning the right way is best, but winning via cheating is probably better (at least in real time) than going 5-7 every year and no longer feeling confident or caring when your team plays Iowa State and Kansas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Say what you will about ex-corch Harsin, he got those fuckers ready to play in last year's Iron Bowl. But for Bryce Young's heroics in the last minute of regulation and four fucking overtimes, Auburn wins that game, with a gimpy qb, no less, and the Unwashed Philistine Hottentots rush the field like maggots on a two-day old skwushed possum on U.S. 82. I still remember with not a little pleasure, how Harsin noticeably smirked when Bama failed to convert on 4th and 1 with about three minutes to go in regulation. That was his mistake - the football gods don't like smirking before 0:00. It is written.

12 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Say what you will about ex-corch Harsin, he got those fuckers ready to play in last year's Iron Bowl. But for Bryce Young's heroics in the last minute of regulation and four fucking overtimes, Auburn wins that game, with a gimpy qb, no less, and the Unwashed Philistine Hottentots rush the field like maggots on a two-day old skwushed possum on U.S. 82. I still remember with not a little pleasure, how Harsin noticeably smirked when Bama failed to convert on 4th and 1 with about three minutes to go in regulation. That was his mistake - the football gods don't like smirking before 0:00. It is written.

Let’s not pretend the tide fans are any better.  I was at the championship game in Pasadena. I saw you people. 

• immamac changed the title to Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)
2 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Their dumbass RB running out of bounds on their last drive when they could have run out the clock didn't help matters.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

23 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Listen to what this terrible human being had to say today. Total jackass telling his kids to think hard about who they associate with and the kind of life they want. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Let’s not pretend the tide fans are any better.  I was at the championship game in Pasadena. I saw you people. 

I was there too. I saw 60/40 Horns fans, a great site, a beautiful day, two well-coached teams playing hard. Even after Colt went down, Squints brought Texas back within 3 and Texas had big momentum. One more long pass to Shipley and you guys are in FG range and if the kick’s made, we go to O/T where anything goes. The sack-fumble changed all that. I didn’t see any Bama fans storming the field. If you’re saying we’re “no better” than Aubies that’s your prerogative. I respectfully disagree.

• Hook 'Em 1

There were 3 wasted Bama fans in front of me.  The girl had a pompom that she kept shaking at everyone.  A Texas lady in front of her finally had enough.  She turned around and told her if she put that pompom in her face one more time she was gonna take it and shove it up her ass.  They behaved better after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Helobious said:

Listen to what this terrible human being had to say today. Total jackass telling his kids to think hard about who they associate with and the kind of life they want. 

Was that really that inspirational of a speech? Was it truly moving? Or just a sneaky way for him to tell his players they aren't leaving their hotel room in Houston?

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Was that really that inspirational of a speech? Was it truly moving? Or just a sneaky way for him to tell his players they aren't leaving their hotel room in Houston?

It’s not that it’s inspirational, it’s just an important message a lot of people need to hear, especially anyone from an unideal  background that has had or wants to have success. 

I thought it a good speech to his players explaining why they need to break away from low lifes and hangers on and focus on themselves. He is able to talk to his players more bluntly than a white coach. If that had been Jimbo or Brian Kelly it would have gone over like a turd in a punch bowl.