Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)

texifornia

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Missed this WR coach firing... also benching Bo Nix

Auburn Football: Factors that led to Cornelius Williams firing after week 4 

Auburn football officially announced on Sunday afternoon that first-year wide receivers coach Cornelius Williams has been fired after only four games in the 2021 season. This comes after Auburn only mustered one offensive touchdown against Georgia State in a 34-24 win this Saturday in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Williams previously served as the wide receivers coach at Troy, but was hired by Bryan Harsin in January and signed a 2-year contract worth $600,000, which came with a buyout according to Auburn Undercover. Before his time at Troy, Williams served as the wide receivers coach at UAB and also served the same role at Jacksonville State (2014), North Alabama (2013), & Murray State (2012).

Eric Kiesau will take over the vacant wide receivers coach role for the Tigers for the rest of the season. Kiesau was originally an offensive analyst for Auburn football and was brought to Auburn by Harsin from Boise State. He served as the offensive coordinator at Boise State from 2019-2020, in which the Broncos averaged over 400 yards of offense and scored over 30 points per game in that period.

The Auburn wide receivers have struggled throughout the first four games of the season, which was a predicted weak spot for this Auburn football team in the preseason due to inexperience after multiple key departures. The wide receiving group did not have a single player returning with double-digit catches coming into the 2021 season, which was a huge concern for many fans and experts.

According to Pro Football Focus, Kobe Hudson is the only Auburn football wide receiver with a receiving grade above 80.0, and every other wide receiver on the roster grades below 70.0 for the season. This unit has also struggled with drops and generating separation all season and has combined for 9 drops so far this year.

Bryan Harsin has made a giant statement this weekend by benching 2-year starter Bo Nix and now firing an assistant coach only four weeks into the season. Harsin wants to set a standard for Auburn football and has made it clear that those who do not meet this standard will be held accountable regardless of their status in the program.

Auburn football looks ahead to a huge matchup in Death Valley this weekend in a primetime matchup (8 pm/CT on ESPN) against LSU. Will the move pay off for the Tigers? Time will tell and this weekend will be a huge test for the Tigers, who are looking for their first win in Baton Rouge since 1999.

WarEagle playing LSU this week...

"LSU's Derek Stingley Jr. Out for 2nd Straight Game vs. Auburn with Foot Injury"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10013769-lsus-derek-stingley-jr-out-for-2nd-straight-game-vs-auburn-with-foot-injury

Edited by LTtxfan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Harsin is a disaster at War Eagle...  Four of Harsin's 10 original hires have departed the staff after one season on the job. Both coordinators gone --  WOW!!!

ZACH BARNETT         3 HOURS AGO

Derek Mason leaving Auburn as Bryan Harsin continues staff shakeup

Harsin has responded to a disappointing 6-7 debut by replacing both coordinators.   Derek Mason will not return for a second season as Auburn's defensive coordinator, according to multiple reports.  The move comes as Bryan Harsin re-tools his staff following a disappointing 6-7 debut on The Plains.

He will promote Jeff Schmedding, a former Boise State compatriot, to defensive coordinator. Brought over as assistant head coach, linebackers coach and defensive run game coordinator, Schmedding ran Harsin's defenses in 2019-20. 

Sources tell FootballScoop that a Pac-12 program looked into hiring Schmedding as defensive coordinator but he chose to remain at Auburn, and will now be rewarded with a promotion to coordinator.

According to Phillip Marshall of Auburn Undercover, Schmedding will coordinate the defense without a specific positional assignment. Marshall also reports Mason appears headed to Oklahoma State. 

Multiple outlets reported Friday morning that former Tiger Jimmy Brumbaugh has been hired to coach the defensive line, and former Florida linebackers coach Christian Robinson will take over Schmedding's linebackers duties. Bert Watts will continue coaching edge rushers and outside linebackers, and Zac Etheridge will now coach the entire secondary after handling corners in '21. 

The move means Harsin will enter a crucial second season with new coordinators on both sides of the ball. 

Mike Bobo was not retained after one season running the offense; Harsin hired Seattle Seahawks quarterbacks coach Austin Davis to replace him.

An SEC outsider, Harsin originally hired 'SEC guys' in the former Vanderbilt head coach Mason and Bobo, the former Georgia quarterback and coordinator. In Year 2, he's banking on Schmedding and Davis, who have one combined season of SEC experience. 

Four of Harsin's 10 original hires have departed the staff after one season on the job. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Harsin is a disaster at War Eagle...  Four of Harsin's 10 original hires have departed the staff after one season on the job. Both coordinators gone --  WOW!!!

ZACH BARNETT         3 HOURS AGO

Derek Mason leaving Auburn as Bryan Harsin continues staff shakeup

Hip Hop Television GIF by WE tv

• Hook 'Em 1

This tweet found by @Big Woodrows

Davis' status as offensive coordinator in flux

Davis was hired formally on Dec. 18, 2021, as Auburn's offensive coordinator.

y2txmridkgporyfeoxsc

(Abbie Parr/Getty Images)

Jay G. Tate • AuburnSports

Auburn offensive coordinator Austin Davis has indicated a desire to resign his position, multiple sources have confirmed to AuburnSports.com.

Still, the former NFL quarterback and Seattle Seahawks quarterbacks coach is scheduled to be in Auburn tomorrow to meet with head coach Bryan Harsin and members of the Tigers' coaching staff. One Auburn source on Sunday night said that Davis' Monday meeting could go in a couple different directions — with Davis perhaps offering a formal resignation or instead requesting a reprieve of sorts.

Attempts to reach Davis on Sunday night were unsuccessful.

Davis was with the Seahawks when hired by Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin in mid-December. The timing was odd; Seattle's final game wasn't until Jan. 9 and Davis all along vowed to finish the NFL season in Seattle.

Davis, 32, didn't participate in the Tigers' Junior Day recruiting event this past weekend. The Tigers nonetheless played host to several high-profile offensive recruits from the 2023 and 2024 classes, which made Davis' absence notable.

Sources on Sunday night indicated that Davis sent a text message to fellow staff members earlier in the day indicating that he no longer wished to serve as coordinator.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 1/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, bullet said:

He's been good for basketball.  Auburn is #2 and students were lining up at 10 PM and camping to get tickets for a game vs. Kentucky at noon the next day.  Harsin is turning Auburn into a basketball school!

Pearl back to his cheating ways again?  Never would have thought it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Scientologist who audits all of his players with an electropsychometer and makes them wear Suppressive Person letters on their clothing if he so deems them

Still, would've been cool if we hired him and had Tom Cruise and John Travolta on the sidelines at DKR.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Is there something about Harsin that everybody hates? I don't have much of an opinion about him either way, nor have I followed him since he left Texas.

Talked to a guy that worked for him at Boise, said he worked insane hours and of course expected the same from the staff. And just a weird guy in general. He passed on joining him at Auburn

• Like 2

Translation: 
My wife found the emails from the last recruiting trip to the ATL with the pics of big booty black hookers all over my cock and now she's threatening to leave with the kid(s) to her daddy's house. 

Not at all. With the money coaches now make as assistants there is no need to move every year for an extra two grand. Wives want to stay put and raise their babies with some stability. Hardin needs to figure it out; most good head coaches these days want happy staff and homes and urge some life work balance because of what they missed. I was a workaholic being raised by two. I am glad my son saw it as bullshit and chose a different path. I missed a lot Chasing bullshit.

2 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Not at all. With the money coaches now make as assistants there is no need to move every year for an extra two grand. Wives want to stay put and raise their babies with some stability. Hardin needs to figure it out; most good head coaches these days want happy staff and homes and urge some life work balance because of what they missed. I was a workaholic being raised by two. I am glad my son saw it as bullshit and chose a different path. I missed a lot Chasing bullshit.

who the fuck is hardin?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Every time a college/pro coach quits a high paying position 1 month after accepting it and saying it's because they "miss their family" it means the wife is threatening to leave. Every. Time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Rumor on the plains is he’s screwing a female staff member who isn’t qualified for the job she has.

Mintz is a buddy of mine. Absolutely blows my mind he's a twitter blue check guy now with people all over sharing his tweets. Good dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Never understood this hire -- just a terrible culture fit...

Petrino, Hugh Freeze, Mike Price...off the top of my head.  If this is the reason he gets canned, seems like a perfect culture fit.

If this happens, does Jaxon Dart follow Kiffin to Auburn?

Edited by quigley

• immamac changed the title to Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)