Jane Kerkovich

Max Blum

Troy Barnes

Abed Nadir

Pierce Hawthorne

for starters anyway 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

The Wire is an incredible show. I feel confident in saying that there has never been a show more stacked with great characters. You get ten deep into “best characters on..” with any other show and you’re starting to reach. Except with The Wire you’re not even talking about guys like Cheese, Slim Charles, Bunny Colvin, Cutty, Ziggy, Rawls, Norman Wilson, etc etc yet. Out of all of those characters, Bubbles has the combination of… realism, arc, casting, performance. Bubbles inspires me and breaks my heart, and there’s no weirdness caring that much about a fictional character because he is real life.  They did a good enough job at making Omar a human, but he’s still a walking tall tale. There are Bubs walking around in every city.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

The Wire is an incredible show. I feel confident in saying that there has never been a show more stacked with great characters. You get ten deep into “best characters on..” with any other show and you’re starting to reach. Except with The Wire you’re not even talking about guys like Cheese, Slim Charles, Bunny Colvin, Cutty, Ziggy, Rawls, Norman Wilson, etc etc yet. Out of all of those characters, Bubbles has the combination of… realism, arc, casting, performance. Bubbles inspires me and breaks my heart, and there’s no weirdness caring that much about a fictional character because he is real life.  They did a good enough job at making Omar a human, but he’s still a walking tall tale. There are Bubs walking around in every city.

Taxi

• Hook 'Em 2

Maybe not Top 5, but definitely belong in the thread, you recency biased motherfuckers...

Benjamin Franklin Pierce

George Jefferson

Jim Rockford

Jack Tripper

Mork from Ork