Smart home AC controller

I’ve asked before but a while back. Time to do something.

I have one of those “bonus rooms” that are popular nowadays in the attic. The downfall is got damn it gets hot during the day with the air off. Even with closed cell foam, when I come up here at 630, it’s 95.

Looking for a single controller I can use with iPhone home, and wondering what y’all have or wish you had.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an ecobee, and it's great.  Three separate a/c units, all with remote temp controls. 
Kids' rooms are upstairs, I can have it warmer during the day when no one is home, cool down in the evening, and at night, only use the remote thermometers in their bedroom to maintain the upstairs temp.

Now, you may just need a separate a/c unit for that room, it sounds like a wild imbalance.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:45 PM, dcbc said:

You often can get a better deal on a Honeywell controller.  We have one downstairs and the app control is pretty solid.

I have one I want to install, but apparently I need to put a wire on my controller board in the unit, which I don't want to mess with... 

6 hours ago, Snacks said:

I have one I want to install, but apparently I need to put a wire on my controller board in the unit, which I don't want to mess with... 

Is it a power wire?  That's why we haven't bothered putting one upstairs.  Figured that was standard for all smart controllers though.