Evangelical Christians

Washpark

Putting people to work...giving them a feeling of accomplishment.  
Quit telling everyone their a victim...make people responsible for their actions. 

What's the plan?

I'm sure XR4ticlone LOVES OPM when it comes to his pet projects like bombing brown people half way across the world.  When it comes to things that actually advance the interests of this country like education and health care, he quickly hides his bible under his pillow to hide the fact that Jesus advocated paying your taxes.

All of these together. Put people to work. But don’t educate them. And taxes are ok...so long as they’re used to blow people up 10,000 miles away.

There is no concept of the commonwealth or the common good. Every man for himself, fuck you, I got mine, and I can do whatever I want.

What fold like our Iowa pal don’t know or want to know is that community and the common good in government is part of our national DNA, from the very beginning. Things like environmental regulation, for example (eg, you couldn’t divert water from the stream for a mill without getting approval of a body of leaders). Or the fact that public education is one of the great triumphs of the past century-plus; we are no longer just a nation of millworkers and farm laborers.

The myth of pure individualism, and fuck everyone else is just that, a myth. And it’s utterly inconsistent with Christianity as well. We are called to be in community.

Do you think Xrt wants to be in community with other people? He wants them to work, but they better not use any of his money to be educated so they can do anything but dig ditches.

Sneering cruelty is the brand, and business is good.

You know you can be for helping people help themselves and not assuming someone with a severely disabled child is mooching off the system, or that Medicaid expansion is a bad thing. That’s the thing here - if you want both there’s zero room at the table in the republican Christian party.

some people's definition of "community" is that i give all my shit to them.  or that freedom doesn't require accountability.

We aren't a Christian nation, so get off your ass and help your own fucking self.

See how it goes both ways?  yeah, me neither.

Fuck the Christians.  Fuck the achievers.  Let's all be miserable.

Edited by slorch

11 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Yea...how dare I want Gov limited to the provisions of the US Constitution!   <outrage>

Please explain.  Nothing you've said on this thread has anything to do with the Constitution. 

2 hours ago, VRHorn said:

And your party is stringing you along based on the promise of stopping abortion.

Narrator - it won’t.

while doing this, they are doing everything Brisket says and actively making life harder for (at least) 60 million ACTUAL souls. You are delusional, which is nicer than “a fucking moron”.

Democrats don’t win elections by helping the poor. They win by promising to help them but doing things to keep them poor.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Whose?

the people living on the eternal guilt trip.

Everyone else should be taxed like motherfucker...except us.  we will not pay extra.

Themsfolks.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

What's the plan?

My plan — stop paying them not to work. 

Notice how illegals who can’t get welfare like food stamps, disability or Section 8 housing magically are not homeless and starving in the streets?   A little hunger will make that roofing or landscaping job look good.  

If we stopped paying our citizens not to work, there’d barely be any jobs for illegals. Man can be very resourceful.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Yep. It's the schadenfreude party.

For people who continually fuck up?  You betcha.

yeah i am anti-bailout too.  It ain't just limited to individual fucksticks.  let em fucking suffer.

take away the pain and there is no learning.

it isn't wrong to let people fail.

Lefties just prefer to string folks along.  Crack dealers for the soul...

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

My plan — stop paying them not to work. 

Notice how illegals who can’t get welfare like food stamps, disability or Section 8 housing magically are not homeless and starving in the streets?   A little hunger will make that roofing or landscaping job look good.  

If we stopped paying our citizens not to work, there’d barely be any jobs for illegals. Man can be very resourceful.  

Who gets paid not to work?

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

That’s some dumbass logic there. 100 percent of births end up in death

Ok, so then why is abortion bad, if everyone is going to die anyway?  You can't pick and choose which fetus deaths matter to you and which don't. It's a binary decision.  Either all unborn lives are sacred, or they're not. 

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Ok, so then why is abortion bad, if everyone is going to die anyway?  You can't pick and choose which fetus deaths matter to you and which don't. It's a binary decision.  Either all unborn lives are sacred, or they're not. 

If someone kills my neighbor by dismembering them, it’s bad and a crime. If my neighbor dies of natural causes,there isn’t a crime. Pretty simple.  

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

If someone kills my neighbor by dismembering them, it’s bad and a crime. If my neighbor dies of natural causes,there isn’t a crime. Pretty simple.  

What if your neighbor is on your property threatening your life?  Can you kill him then?

19 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Atheists have typically been some of the best humanitarians in history. The commie dictators in Asia and Europe were lovely people. 

And how would American poors have ever managed without all the wonderful orphanages, hospitals and food banks that atheists start and maintain? 

When I go to Haiti every year to work and when I make my monthly donation to the orphanage that feeds, educates and pays for medicine to Haitian orphans we couldnt’t survive without all the money atheists give. 

Oh. Wait. Nope. Just us racist white Christians down there. The NSA couldn’t find an atheist helping out in Haiti.

But the surly morally superior atheist liberal cabal whose major contribution to humanity is advocating taking money from people like me to piss away with government overhead to buy votes for their side is the moral fucking majority. 

dude.  I give plenty to charity in both money and time.  I don't do it because I''m afraid of some skyfairy or because some preacher told me to..I do it because it's the right thing to do.  

• Like 2

Maimonides says: https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/986711/jewish/Matnot-Aniyim-Chapter-10.htm

Spoiler

There are eight levels in charity, each level surpassing the other. The highest level beyond which there is none is a person who supports a Jew who has fallen into poverty [by] giving him a present or a loan, entering into partnership with him,10 or finding him work so that his hand will be fortified so that he will not have to ask others [for alms].11 Concerning this [Leviticus 25:35] states: "You shall support him, the stranger, the resident, and he shall live among you." Implied is that you should support him before he falls and becomes needy.

A lower [level] than this is one who gives charity to the poor without knowing to whom he gave and without the poor person knowing from whom he received. For this is an observance of the mitzvah for its sake alone.12 This [type of giving was] exemplified by the secret chamber that existed in the Temple. The righteous would make donations there in secret and poor people of distinguished lineage would derive their livelihood from it in secret.

A level close to this is giving to a charity fund.13 A person should not give to a charity fund unless he knows that the person managing it is faithful, wise, and capable of administering it in a proper manner as Rebbe Chananya ben Tradyon was.14

A lower level than that is an instance when the giver knows to whom he is giving, but the poor person does not know from whom he received. An example of this were the great Sages who would go in secret and throw money into the doorways of the poor.15 This is a worthy way of giving charity and it is a good quality [to express] if the trustees of the charitable fund are not conducting themselves appropriately. 16

A lower level than that is an instance when the poor person knows from whom he took, but the donor does not know to whom he gave. An example of this were the great Sages who would bundle coins in a sheet and hang them over their shoulders and the poor would come and take them so that they would not be embarrassed.17

A lower level than that is giving [the poor person] in his hand before he asks.18

A lower level than that is giving him after he asks.

A lower level than this is giving him less than what is appropriate, but with a pleasant countenance.

A lower level than that is giving him with sadness.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Of course

Good, then we can mark you down in the pro-choice category.  A woman's uterus is her property, and I think we can all agree that pregnancy causes harm to a woman's body, so if she feels that an embryo/fetus is threatening her, she has the right to terminate it.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Good, then we can mark you down in the pro-choice category.  A woman's uterus is her property, and I think we can all agree that pregnancy causes harm to a woman's body, so if she feels that an embryo/fetus is threatening her, she has the right to terminate it.

You said threatening a life

Edited by Johnny Sack

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Rex never answered my question. Amazing.   People are lazy and just need chain gangs and vagrancy laws to get them back to work. Preferably on the gates and fences around his property. 

Stop paying them with free food and housing not to work. Able bodied people of working age who don’t work are lazy. If you are able bodied and don’t work, you shouldn’t eat. 

Edited by Johnny Sack

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

And that’s not how the law of self defense works. I don’t get to shoot you and get away with it because I subjectively believed  you are a threat. It has to be an objectively reasonable belief. 

And how is a baby not a threat?  I harms a woman's body, it has the potential to ruin her life, and costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to raise.  If that's not objectively classified as a threat, I don't know what is.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Stop paying them with free food and housing not to work. Able bodied people of working age who don’t work are lazy. If you are able bodied and don’t work, you shouldn’t eat. 

Unless you have money. Then you don't have to work to eat.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

And how is a baby not a threat?  I harms a woman's body, it has the potential to ruin her life, and costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to raise.  If that's not objectively classified as a threat, I don't know what is.

so you’re okay killing people because they cost 100s of thousands to raise and can ruin a life?  How is an unborn child different than a one day old with regards to that?

you cool with killing them for costs savings and convenience too?

ive already said if it threatens the mother’s life, then I’m okay with it. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

That's quite fortunate for the able bodied rich who don't work. I guess "if you are able bodied and don't work, you shouldn't eat," only applies to the poor.

Cool.

If their family did well enough to cover them, I give zero fucks and am glad they aren’t mooching off me. They will likely be broke soon enough. Life isn’t fair.  They should be as hungry as the lazy poor. 

But neither the lazy poor or rich are hungry in the USA

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

If their family did well enough to cover them, I give zero fucks and am glad they aren’t mooching off me. They will likely be broke soon enough. Life isn’t fair.  They should be as hungry as the lazy poor. 

So what do you want to do about the able-bodied adults with no dependents who receive government assistance? 

7 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

But you’re not ok with paying for the brown/black aftermath, because they are lazy and should be happy working on your fence(plantation) got it.  

I support paying for kids. I pay to feed and educate 8 Haitians every month. And have for 15 years.  They aren’t white. 

How many black children do you support each month?

My posts are about nonworking able bodied adults.  They can starve for all I care. Society would be better off. Starve or work. 

You’re a smart guy. You can’t possibly believe that the US is free of hungry people.

Just now, VRHorn said:

For a thread that is ostensibly about Christians, there is some absolute gold here. Some of you guys should be in the Unintentional Comedy Hall of Fame.

I think my money should go towards helping disabled, elderly and kids.  And I put my money where my mouth is. It is horrible stewardship to enable laziness in able bodied adults. 

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

You’re a smart guy. You can’t possibly believe that the US is free of hungry people.

Where are they?  Our poorest seem to be the most obese. Go to Haiti.  I go once or twice a year. You will actually see hungry people. 

Edited by Johnny Sack

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Um, it was born...i.e. it's a "person" under the law.

We are discussing what the law should be, not what it is. Otherwise this discussion would take two seconds as we both know what the law is. Blacks weren’t really persons under the law 250 years ago, either. I believe abortion is an evil like slavery was. Or the Holocaust. Or the Khmer Rouge. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Nothing. They can sink or swim. 

Well, you're going to have to pay for them one way or the other, because they'll turn to crime when they sink. And if they don't, they'll become sick, which means they are no longer able-bodied. Then they get Medicaid. So, you're going to pay no matter what.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

We are discussing what the law should be, not what it is. Otherwise this discussion would take two seconds as we both know what the law is. Blacks weren’t really persons under the law 250 years ago, either. I believe abortion is an evil like slavery was. Or the Holocaust. Or the Khmer Rouge. 

Ok, if we're being hypothetical, let's throw out Roe vs. Wade for a moment, let's say it never happened, what's your specific Constitutional basis for outlawing abortion?