Eat-Mor-Chikin: My Pleasure

Enchubben

21 hours ago, Rimbo said:

overly expensive and not open on Sundays. pass

best fast food chicken is KFC in China. super cheap and insanely better than kfc here

So lots of  legitimate 'Cue houses are off the reservation for you too then, right?

Edited by slorch

Anyone getting a sandwich over a 4 piece spicy at Popeyes needs to be drug outback and beaten.

-red member on the Chick-fil-A app. The highest honor.

Yea Chick-fil-A is the goat. Large unsweetened tea, spicy chicken sammich and some chicken nuggets with cfa dipping sauce. Kids crush their grilled nuggs and Mac/cheese. In and out in less than 10 min despite the parking lot being completely full besides mobile order parking area.

I need to go back there. It’s been almost 2 weeks. CFA just hits harder with college football on tv too

Edit just opened my app for shits. Manager at my cfa just rewarded me a chicken sandwich.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Popeye’s with one car currently in the drive thru  vs.  CFA with 15 cars in the drive-thru….   CFA still gonna get you on your way faster and without making you weep for the future of humanity.  

Your typical CFA manager could probably give any major city traffic planner a leson on how to move cars and get the most efficiency out of your roads.  

Edited by Your Mom
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Haven't ever had raising canes chicken , but what are your thoughts on whataburger ?

Cause that  would seriously affect my reliance on your critique of chick fil a

pro tip: again, their breakfast chicken biscuit  is among the best in the business 

I haven’t had whataburger in about 2 years. I don’t eat fast food that often but when I do, it’s raising canes about once every 3 months.

22 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Yeah.

I've never paid $3k for a flight to China. Our round-trip tickets were usually $1400, using either ANA or KAL (fantastic airlines for int'l travel, by the way), going from LAX to Incheon to Qingdao.

Why Qingdao? Two reasons. One, it's my wife's hometown, and two, it is fucking beer country. Because when Europe occupied China, the Germans had Qingdao, and they built a brewery there. Now the entire Laoshan province is full of breweries, and the shit is pretty damned good. If you ever head out that way, try Laoshan #5, if you can find it. They pour it straight from a cask into plastic bags that you can take home -- you pay by the yuan. So you'll say "er yuan pi jiu" and get yourself a bagful of beer for the evening. (Pouring beer out of a bag into a glass is difficult.)

Of course, if you're white, you'll pay 20 for that. They know not to do that to me in the local neighborhood, but if I ever leave, I have to make myself scarce while my wife orders for me.

Also, if you go to large chains, like KFC, the prices are right there on the menu, so you won't get ripped off. And they are always sold out of nuggets, so you have to wait for them to be fried fresh... Yum. :P 

Both ANA and KAL kick ungodly ass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hornmpa96 said:

The BBQ place isn’t taking up prime real estate in an airport where I fly out of every other Sunday. 

Airport meals are of the liquid variety, not offered at Chic FilA, anyhoo.

Spot on. The food is just okay at best. It’s every other little detail that they nail. Service, cleanliness, speed, packaging, etc. Hell their employees are trained so well they won’t even say “no problem” when you thank them. They say “my pleasure”. They even have the best ketchup packets. Just goes to show there is a lot more to a good restaurant than good food.

Best ketchup packets?

“The fucking fuck are you talking about?”

Sincerely,

Whataburger awesome dipping packs of ketchup and SPICY KETHCUP.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Anyone getting a sandwich over a 4 piece spicy at Popeyes needs to be drug outback and beaten.

Yea Chick-fil-A is the goat. Large unsweetened tea, spicy chicken sammich and some chicken nuggets with cfa dipping sauce. Kids crush their grilled nuggs and Mac/cheese. In and out in less than 10 min despite the parking lot being completely full besides mobile order parking area.

I need to go back there. It’s been almost 2 weeks. CFA just hits harder with college football on tv too

Edit just opened my app for shits. Manager at my cfa just rewarded me a chicken sandwich.

lulz. I got curious about how many points I have because of your post. My kids love Chick-Fil-A.
dcc58bd138a95ede06de6c1b64a8eeb6.jpg
  • Like 1

I only learned recently that now all strips are spicy. WTF?!? That's some really stupidass shit. There is no reason to ditch the original method and force people who far prefer strips to nuggets to eat an altered version of the favorite original that we crave.

They won't sell the regular breast filets without being in a sandwich, they had great slaw and discontinued it, and now this bullshit. On top of the ridiculously poor volume per dollar ratio already  (though not the complete joke that Cane's and their stupid secret thousand island dressing sauce), it makes me even less likely to get any food there unless somebody give me a gift card. They do so many things well, they need to stop fucking it up with aggy decision making.

8 hours ago, cafe society said:

Both ANA and KAL kick ungodly ass.

I made a boo-boo. I only flew ANA once, after Fukushima, because the price through Tokyo was ungodly low.

meant to say Asiana, the other really good Korean airline. (Not ANA, which is Japanese.)

Edit: What you say is still true, though. ANA does not suck at all.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

If they could combine Popeyes food with chikfila service I would gain 50 lbs pretty fast.

Chikfila is very good, very consistent, and very fast.

Strips > nuggets.

Pro tip - ask for fries well done. Guaranteed fresh and just a bit more crispy.

Popeyes - incredible, horrible service, Can wait 15 mins, and they will likely mess up your order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Chik Fil A does have great service (and 2 of my nephews worked there, and have told me the training and emphasis they go through for customer service) but the absolute best customer service for fast food, hands down, has to be In-N-Out.

Don’t appreciate their tone when I ask for jalapeños. 

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Chik Fil A does have great service (and 2 of my nephews worked there, and have told me the training and emphasis they go through for customer service) but the absolute best customer service for fast food, hands down, has to be In-N-Out.

Doesn’t make up for their god being dog shit(In & Out)

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, DougO said:

I only learned recently that now all strips are spicy. WTF?!? That's some really stupidass shit. There is no reason to ditch the original method and force people who far prefer strips to nuggets to eat an altered version of the favorite original that we crave.

They won't sell the regular breast filets without being in a sandwich, they had great slaw and discontinued it, and now this bullshit. On top of the ridiculously poor volume per dollar ratio already  (though not the complete joke that Cane's and their stupid secret thousand island dressing sauce), it makes me even less likely to get any food there unless somebody give me a gift card. They do so many things well, they need to stop fucking it up with aggy decision making.

Are you talking about CFA here or somewhere else?

CFA most certainly has non spicy strips, will still sell a breast without the sandwich, and a 4ct meal is cheaper than whataburger.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:48 PM, Yesh said:

Why the fuck did they get rid of the spicy chicken biscuit?

Despite the national headquarters eliminating it in 2016, a large number of franchise locations still have it available, including the locations in Austin I usually visit.  There's a list of locations in this article:

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/food/missing-your-spicy-chicken-biscuit-heres-where-you-can-still-find-it

Edited by utee94

16 hours ago, scottsins said:

Best ketchup packets?

“The fucking fuck are you talking about?”

Sincerely,

Whataburger awesome dipping packs of ketchup and SPICY KETHCUP.

If you have to ask, you obviously haven’t had them. Whataburger’s are fine, CFA’s superior. Basically mini bottles that can either be opened one way for dipping or another way for squeezing. And they’re bigger than the whataburger ones. Just better that’s all

• Hook 'Em 1

A spicy sammich with Chick-Fil-A sauce slams very hard. Their mac and cheese ... very legit.  The grilled nuggs with buffalo sauce make a very tasty and healthy snack (around 150 cal).  And... I don't get told to "fuck off and stop bothering me" when I attempt to place my order.  

Edited by Dutch

Good sandwiches and fries, but their customer service is what sets them apart. I did try a grilled version once and it was terrible. They should stick with fried. That said, Popeyes is far superior of a sandwich as are most casual sit-down places, especially a few local places that are closer to me than any CFA. I never go out of my way to find a CFA but I'll stop by if I see one and I'm hungry. 

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Good sandwiches and fries, but their customer service is what sets them apart. I did try a grilled version once and it was terrible. They should stick with fried. That said, Popeyes is far superior of a sandwich as are most casual sit-down places, especially a few local places that are closer to me than any CFA. I never go out of my way to find a CFA but I'll stop by if I see one and I'm hungry. 

I like the grilled sandwiches but the grilled nuggets are not good.

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn’t make up for their god being dog shit(In & Out)

I'll never understand the need for hyperbole in fast food wars. In & Out makes tasty burgers. Probably not worth the hype, but "dog shit" is such a stupid and untrue opinion. Unless you hate burgers in general, it does not taste like dog shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/29/2021 at 9:45 AM, utee94 said:

I order the sandwich without pickles so I always get a fresh one.  No sogginess, just pure deliciousness.  Best spicy chicken sandwich in fast food.

I order mine with extra pickles so I get a fresh one also and don't have to suffer through the sandwich with no pickles.

Their fries are complete TRASH.  Can't believe the love those get.  I think people must just dip them in sauce or something. TRASH!!

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, orange dream said:

I order mine with extra pickles so I get a fresh one also and don't have to suffer through the sandwich with no pickles.

Their fries are complete TRASH.  Can't believe the love those get.  I think people must just dip them in sauce or something. TRASH!!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Literally.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/29/2021 at 12:13 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

There's a new Popeye's close to me. They've been open like 6 months, and they've already nailed the Popeye's guest experience. They're always out of something I want, the drive through line takes hours, the food is usually cold, and they almost always get my order wrong. 

Popeye's may not have anywhere near the best customer service, but it always has the potential to be the most entertaining. 

On 8/28/2021 at 3:17 PM, Rimbo said:

Yeah.

I've never paid $3k for a flight to China. Our round-trip tickets were usually $1400, using either ANA or KAL (fantastic airlines for int'l travel, by the way), going from LAX to Incheon to Qingdao.

Why Qingdao? Two reasons. One, it's my wife's hometown, and two, it is fucking beer country. Because when Europe occupied China, the Germans had Qingdao, and they built a brewery there. Now the entire Laoshan province is full of breweries, and the shit is pretty damned good. If you ever head out that way, try Laoshan #5, if you can find it. They pour it straight from a cask into plastic bags that you can take home -- you pay by the yuan. So you'll say "er yuan pi jiu" and get yourself a bagful of beer for the evening. (Pouring beer out of a bag into a glass is difficult.)

Of course, if you're white, you'll pay 20 for that. They know not to do that to me in the local neighborhood, but if I ever leave, I have to make myself scarce while my wife orders for me.

Also, if you go to large chains, like KFC, the prices are right there on the menu, so you won't get ripped off. And they are always sold out of nuggets, so you have to wait for them to be fried fresh... Yum. :P 

Qingdao rocks.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/29/2021 at 1:19 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I'm 622 points from "Signature Status" - which is even higher than Red. Take that. 

Also, this thread made me go get a spicy chicken biscuit for breakfast. I didn't realize they weren't nationwide. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, hornian said:

I'm 622 points from "Signature Status" - which is even higher than Red. Take that. 

Also, this thread made me go get a spicy chicken biscuit for breakfast. I didn't realize they weren't nationwide. 

I've been signature status for a while-- I don't have a lot of available points (425) because I use them for free food. 2021 points over 25,000.

I pulled my paypal report (the app hits my paypal for payment), and there was one month I spent $1400 at CFA during the summer (A family of 6 who ate CFA for lunch daily).

We started cooking more from home and I gave myself a raise.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I've been signature status for a while-- I don't have a lot of available points (425) because I use them for free food. 2021 points over 25,000.

I pulled my paypal report (the app hits my paypal for payment), and there was one month I spent $1400 at CFA during the summer (A family of 6 who ate CFA for lunch daily).

We started cooking more from home and I gave myself a raise.

Jeez, I thought I was bad (family of 4, my wife/kids eat there at least 1x a week, sometimes more). I think our worst damage in a month was like $200.00 - $300.00

2 minutes ago, hornian said:

Jeez, I thought I was bad (family of 4, my wife/kids eat there at least 1x a week, sometimes more). I think our worst damage in a month was like $200.00 - $300.00

Not my proudest moment. I lost like 10 lbs since May (that was the worst offending month). When I am in my busy season there are costs we pay for convenience and speed/time; both in dollars and health.

Funny tidbit; they’ve been pushing notifications trying to hook me back in (e.g. we miss you, here are free points/coupons, etc.). Like with Vegas trying to get their whale back to spending money.

• Haha 1