Eat-Mor-Chikin: My Pleasure

Enchubben

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I've been signature status for a while-- I don't have a lot of available points (425) because I use them for free food. 2021 points over 25,000.

I pulled my paypal report (the app hits my paypal for payment), and there was one month I spent $1400 at CFA during the summer (A family of 6 who ate CFA for lunch daily).

We started cooking more from home and I gave myself a raise.

what. the. fuck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 8/29/2021 at 1:48 PM, Your Mom said:

Your typical CFA manager could probably give any major city traffic planner a leson on how to move cars and get the most efficiency out of your roads.  

i hired a kid that was an asst manager at CFA, was 19/20 years old.   In less than two years that guy now runs my warehouse and all shipping logistics for overseas freight.   Dude just gets it.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I avoid CFA because they cause traffic jams at every single strip mall they occupy.  and they’re product is average.  I mean it’s pretty hard to fuck up chicken nuggets as long as you use actual chicken. 

Not as hard as one would think.  Everyone in the fast food business wants to be CFA.

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not as hard as one would think.  Everyone in the fast food business wants to be CFA.

Seriously. The last Nuggets I had from McDonald's were disgusting and that used to be a relative strong suit for them. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 2:51 PM, Rimbo said:

overly expensive and not open on Sundays. pass

best fast food chicken is KFC in China. super cheap and insanely better than kfc here

If this is supposed to be some weird flex, I went to KFC in Shanghai a few times. It is not better than anything here, certainly not Chick-fil-A

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

My gf hates their fries, I don't mind them but yea not the best

The ratio of crispy outside to tender inside is all fucked up because of how they choose to cut them. Half the time it's like biting into a half cooked potato. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Deej said:

The ratio of crispy outside to tender inside is all fucked up because of how they choose to cut them. Half the time it's like biting into a half cooked potato. 

Consistency is the problem. When the fries are done right they are crispy and soft on the inside. Bust since they are all different sizes you never get a whole batch that are good. 

With CFA fries I always wind up getting 2 or 3 potato end pieces that have the leathery potato foreskin still attached. Which most times take up 20-30% of the medium sized fry container. And a lot of them have the darkened bad spots/bruises that any normal human being would slice off of a potato while prepping. Lackadaisical that these aren't culled before being served.

kxgsa6i3q4a21.jpg

4 minutes ago, smuggs said:

With CFA fries I always wind up getting 2 or 3 potato end pieces that have the leathery potato foreskin still attached. Which most times take up 20-30% of the medium sized fry container. And a lot of them have the darkened bad spots/bruises that any normal human being would slice off of a potato while prepping. Lackadaisical that these aren't culled before being served.

kxgsa6i3q4a21.jpg

Those are the best ones!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, smuggs said:

They should hire a potato mohel. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not a regular CFA diner, but I had a scrambled egg chicken biscuit this morning and it was very good.  That line is a mastery of efficiency.

Had Whataburger for lunch and that app makes it even more efficient than CFA somehow.  Can't believe I waited so long.  I'm sure CFA has one that's better, but . . . .

On 8/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, orange dream said:

I order mine with extra pickles so I get a fresh one also and don't have to suffer through the sandwich with no pickles.

Their fries are complete TRASH.  Can't believe the love those get.  I think people must just dip them in sauce or something. TRASH!!

I’m pretty sure just about everyone who eats fries dips them in some kind of sauce. Nice revelation there dipshit. 

On 8/31/2021 at 7:33 PM, Deej said:

Had Chick-fil-A today. Damn, they do have the shittiest fries of all the fast food places. 

In & Out and it’s not even close, animal style can’t even save that literal dog shit.  Nice hyperbole though. 

On 9/2/2021 at 9:24 AM, smuggs said:

kxgsa6i3q4a21.jpg

Yeah those are the best pieces for sure. 

19 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I think I’m the only one who actually  likes in-n-out’s fries lol

If you get them we'll done they are serviceable but when you watch them literally cut piles of potatoes fresh right in front of your face it's hard to understand how they suck so bad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pops said:

If you get them we'll done they are serviceable but when you watch them literally cut piles of potatoes fresh right in front of your face it's hard to understand how they suck so bad. 

I hear you but I prefer the fresh potato taste to over fried shit you get from a lot of places.  🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, pops said:

Been making the drive to Centerville lately, eh?

Chick-fil-A isn't the best, and their prices are relatively steep, but the food is consistent and the service is fantastic. Contrast that with Whataburger or Popeye's, both of which have higher ceilings as far as taste but the service and product quality is often a roll of the dice.

And I still contend that if someone served those little nuggets to me on a conveyer belt, I'd never stop eating them.

13 hours ago, pops said:

The best fries are double fried from fresh. There’s an Alton Brown episode about it that goes into the science. 

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

McDonald's double fries from frozen, I believe.  

I think that's correct. They do the initial lower temp fry then freeze and distribute to the stores where the final fry is done. Regardless,  it blows the fuck out of fresh single frying. Or maybe their salt has Crack in it. 

Waffle fries are awesome. I don't eat CFA often but I've never had a complaint about the fries. Most fast food restaurants "double fry" not only for the science but because it makes them cook quicker at the restaurant. Anyone had the new Wendy's fries that were engineered to stay crispy in the DoorDash world?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/26/business/wendys-new-french-fries/index.html

On 9/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, Both Tacos said:

Ask for them extra crispy next time. You won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Until technology figures this one out I think this is the best strategy.  While we all rave about the waffle fry’s catsup and salt holding capacity, the design of the fry essentially mimics a radiator.  It convoluted surface with high surface to volume ratio dissipates heat too readily. They become cold and limp like Jimbo Fisher’s dick.  Got to get them fresh and eat them fast. 

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

WTF ??!!  I love 'em, I think they're the best.  Am I a bad person ?

Yeah, I think you must be.

I had them yesterday. I didn't order them, but in a rare Chick-fil-A order fuckup, they ended up in my bag, which technically should probably be considered a fuckup in my favor since they didn't charge me for them and everything else in the order was spot on. Anyway, I tried a couple trying to be completely objective, solely to see if this thread is being too hard on them. They suck. They're mushy, they're unbelievably bland, they weren't all that warm, they were horrendous. I guess they're not overly greasy, so they have that going for them...I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah, I think you must be.

I had them yesterday. I didn't order them, but in a rare Chick-fil-A order fuckup, they ended up in my bag, which technically should probably be considered a fuckup in my favor since they didn't charge me for them and everything else in the order was spot on. Anyway, I tried a couple trying to be completely objective, solely to see if this thread is being too hard on them. They suck. They're mushy, they're unbelievably bland, they weren't all that warm, they were horrendous. I guess they're not overly greasy, so they have that going for them...I guess.

You got a bad batch. That will happen to any fry sometimes.  I find them damnable good when hot ,and fresh, which is 99% of the time.

Until technology figures this one out I think this is the best strategy.  While we all rave about the waffle fry’s catsup and salt holding capacity, the design of the fry essentially mimics a radiator.  It convoluted surface with high surface to volume ratio dissipates heat too readily. They become cold and limp like Jimbo Fisher’s dick.  Got to get them fresh and eat them fast. 
Maybe that's why I don't understand the Chick-fil-A fry hate. I pretty much always eat in the place.