Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

Okay..... no masks.... It's Texas!!!  Now, it's 17 games and 18 weeks of terrible coaching, dysfunctional management, excuses, and misplaced hope to endure.  Maybe this is the season!!!  Probably not though, not with Thumb McCarthy at the controls.

Stephen already saying shit as dumb as his Dad.

Hope!!!!

Hmmm...... 

On the face, we have a winnable division with Philly sort of in transition and the Giants having OL issues and still employing Red to call plays.  WFT is looking like a compelling competitor if Fitz doesn't get hurt.  Their defense is nasty and they can run the ball.  In Mike we Trust, right?  No, no one thinks that..... Aaron Rodgers is cracking up at the thought.  The good news?  8-8 should be impossible!  Knowing Dallas, we'll somehow get there.

What are your thoughts on the Cowboys this year?  Record?  How far do they get?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Cooper Rush is fucking terrible. Go get one of these QBs that have been cut.

I wonder if Cam asked to be released to try and desperately find a starting spot somewhere. Not sure where this would be at this point. Are any teams looking for a starter? I have not looked over all 32 teams but it seems everyone has their starter ready to go. Mac Jones being named the starter in NE means the Cam era is over forever. They are not going back. Would Cam want to be a backup here? I'd love Cam as a backup as he is 100x better than what we got, even though he is not what he used to be.

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Also waived Squints

This was so fucking stupid to not address our backup situation. We did well last year with getting Dalton. Gilbert, Rush and DiNucci all played real snaps last season and we didn't win a game and our offense looked like shit. Although Garrett moved the ball against Pitt, all we could muster was one TD. He can move the ball between the 20s and then bogs down when it counts.

So now fucking Cooper Rush seems to be our #2.

We used to have guys like Orton and Kitna backup Romo. Those are great guys to have. Then we switched to shitty ass players who have zero experience taking real snaps for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wonder if Cam asked to be released to try and desperately find a starting spot somewhere. Not sure where this would be at this point. Are any teams looking for a starter? I have not looked over all 32 teams but it seems everyone has their starter ready to go. Mac Jones being named the starter in NE means the Cam era is over forever. They are not going back. Would Cam want to be a backup here? I'd love Cam as a backup as he is 100x better than what we got, even though he is not what he used to be.

The panthers could prob use an upgrade 😅

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Interested to see what the plan is for backup QB.  DiNucci back on PS for sure, though, right?

Why?? He might be the single worst QB I have ever seen. There is zero hope for him. Move on and find someone else to stash away on the PS. Cooper Rush needs this treatment, too. He has been here for years and has improved none.

32 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I dont get all the hand wringing over a backup QB. We had what was supposed to be the best backup QB in football last year and still missed the playoffs in a shit ass division.

That's what I say. If anything having Dalton last year didn't help them it just kept them from having a top 2-3 pick in the draft. Even if they didn't want a QB they could have leveraged an extra 1st and more from a team that did. 

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Rush is awful and we are fucked if we get to that point. Cowboys are pretty much toast if Dak doesn’t stay healthy and play pretty well.

Every team in the league is toast if their starter goes down for any prolonged period of time.  

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I dont get all the hand wringing over a backup QB. We had what was supposed to be the best backup QB in football last year and still missed the playoffs in a shit ass division.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

That's what I say. If anything having Dalton last year didn't help them it just kept them from having a top 2-3 pick in the draft. Even if they didn't want a QB they could have leveraged an extra 1st and more from a team that did. 

If Dak goes down for the season, then yeah, we're fucked either way. Doesn't matter if it's a grizzled vet like Andy Dalton or some bum like Ben DiNucci, we probably ain't making the playoffs in that scenario.

The difference is what happens if Dak goes down for, say, 6 games. Do we have someone that can help the team keep its head above water and go 3-3 in those games, or are we gonna crater and go 1-5?

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Nick files
Jeff hostetler
Trent dilfer

Great defense

Great defense

Great defense

If you want to survive with a backup QB then have a top 5 defense. No backup is surviving with this defense. 

Definitely get the best backup you can for almost no money, but don't put any money into that position. 

Edited by Hermanator

1 hour ago, DougO said:

LOL, people thinking Cowboys can get something from Cam that Belichick couldn't.

Cam is a cancer.

That NE offense was void of talent. We have much better offensive weapons than NE. 

Is he any more of a "cancer" than Zeke? I doubt it. That shit only comes out when they stop winning. Also, Belichik regressed once Brady left. As expected.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

That NE offense was void of talent. We have much better offensive weapons than NE. 

Is he any more of a "cancer" than Zeke? I doubt it. That shit only comes out when they stop winning. Also, Belichik regressed once Brady left. As expected.

Because of Cam's awful play.  I'm entertaining betting on NE to win the AFC East this year, and I think I'm gonna wager pretty heftily on it.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Rumored he asked to be cut after learning he lost out to Mac Attack.  Some of that may be pride, some may be not wanting to be in Boston.  Who knows?  You definitely call his agent and ask what's the deal.  He probably hopes he can see if Houston is possible, which is pretty much his only starting option.  If he's not interested in being a backup then he'll sit and wait for an injury.  The problem for him, is he's a moron and not vaccinated, so he makes it that much harder for him to come in and really start learning a new system with reps quickly.  If he doesn't accept a backup position, I could see him sitting out all year.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

LOL, people thinking Cowboys can get something from Cam that Belichick couldn't.

Cam is a cancer.

Cam has never had a player or coach say anything bad about him. Not once. I’m fact, everyone has called him a great leader and a great teammate. You’re showing your ass on this one more than your corny ass nicknames. With that being said, I’d prefer someone that can throw better than cam as our backup 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Because of Cam's awful play.  I'm entertaining betting on NE to win the AFC East this year, and I think I'm gonna wager pretty heftily on it.   

GIF by Giphy QA

Buffalo definitely and Miami probably better especially with a rookie QB. 

Some saying Cam isn't vaccinated so that becomes an issue wasting one of your allowed unvaccinated spots on a backup QB. I bet he either doesn't play this season to signs in Houston for starter money (if they have it available)