Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

Just now, Hermanator said:

GIF by Giphy QA

Buffalo definitely and Miami probably better especially with a rookie QB. 

Some saying Cam isn't vaccinated so that becomes an issue wasting one of your allowed unvaccinated spots on a backup QB. I bet he either doesn't play this season to signs in Houston for starter money (if they have it available)

No doubt Buffalo is a better team, but year to year variance in the NFL is a real thing, and I think Mac Jones is gonna do really well in NE.  

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I heard that Nashon and the 2 DTs look like studs too. 

I've read the Nashon is looking like he can contribute early as a boundary guy.  He did get beat vs Jax for a TD.  Osa looks like he's going to pretty good.  The safety, Mukuamu, has been talked about well and he could contribute this season.  Bohanna will probably be active on game days.  Then Parsons and Cox looks like studs.  Ball and Gholston probably start on IR.  Joseph has struggled and is now hurt so he's the one with the most questions, but don't see any way folks could be talking shit about this draft yet..... maybe the end up sucking, but hard to develop that opinion this early.

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Every team in the league is toast if their starter goes down for any prolonged period of time.  

Mostly true but there are a few teams that would certainly fare better than others. I'd bet the Cowboys backup situation is near the bottom, if not the absolute bottom, as things stand today.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

No, they were utterly devoid of talent particularly when Michel went down. Quick, name some Pats receivers and TE. 

They’ll be competitive because of BB and their D. But no way will they compete with Buff. Miami may continue to pass them by too. 

+360 right now is the going rate.  I'll lay $100 with you if you want  

33 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I've read the Nashon is looking like he can contribute early as a boundary guy.  He did get beat vs Jax for a TD.  Osa looks like he's going to pretty good.  The safety, Mukuamu, has been talked about well and he could contribute this season.  Bohanna will probably be active on game days.  Then Parsons and Cox looks like studs.  Ball and Gholston probably start on IR.  Joseph has struggled and is now hurt so he's the one with the most questions, but don't see any way folks could be talking shit about this draft yet..... maybe the end up sucking, but hard to develop that opinion this early.

if we're having to rely on mukuamu as a starter this season i hope he plays better than what he has been in these preseason games.  he's been beat a lot.

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

if we're having to rely on mukuamu as a starter this season i hope he plays better than what he has been in these preseason games.  he's been beat a lot.

Doubt he’s going to be a starter but frankly, our corner situation is pretty lousy.  A few ideas, trade for CJ Henderson or sign Desmond Trufant if he’s cheap.

Neither option is without warts, as Henderson has attitude questions and Trufant has injury ones but we need depth at CB, not as much safety if Hooker can round into form.  

59 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I know we don't have him anymore you dumbass. You're just proving my point. Why don't you quit the website again.

the red rocket would have easily had us in the playoffs and competing if the entire starting OL didn’t get hurt.

cooper rush would go 2-15 if everyone else on the team doesn’t miss a snap. 

I know I keep bringing this name up, but the price on Bortles has to have gone down at this point. Bring him tomorrow. He’s started a shit ton of games, and I’d feel decent about him if we needed a 2-3 game bridge. We won’t do it, but I really think that’s the move if we’re upgrading our backup situation 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I know I keep bringing this name up, but the price on Bortles has to have gone down at this point. Bring him tomorrow. He’s started a shit ton of games, and I’d feel decent about him if we needed a 2-3 game bridge. We won’t do it, but I really think that’s the move if we’re upgrading our backup situation 

I felt the same about Dalton, and I was wrong. But anyone with experience would be better than Cooper Rush. He is horrible. Can't believe he can still call himself an NFL backup QB.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I felt the same about Dalton, and I was wrong. But anyone with experience would be better than Cooper Rush. He is horrible. Can't believe he can still call himself an NFL backup QB.

Dalton would’ve been fine if we didn’t lose both of our tackles for the season. Steele and Knight are garbage. Nobody on our roster is going to look good at qb if we lose both tackles, Including Dak. 

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Cam has never had a player or coach say anything bad about him. Not once. I’m fact, everyone has called him a great leader and a great teammate. You’re showing your ass on this one more than your corny ass nicknames. With that being said, I’d prefer someone that can throw better than cam as our backup 

For whatever reason Cam never fixed his throwing motion upon entering the league. He's all arm and doesn't use his lower half to provide any additional torque. You combine that with the wear and tear on his body spending the better part of his career as a run option there's no doubt that his shoulder is absolutely fucked. 

19 hours ago, futureman said:

the red rocket would have easily had us in the playoffs and competing if the entire starting OL didn’t get hurt.

cooper rush would go 2-15 if everyone else on the team doesn’t miss a snap. 

The red rocket sucks donkey dick and is about to get Tom Savage'd.

Edited by Pam Cummings

7 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Did you see DiNucci's sidearm though? It was like Bret Favre. 

Ya I guess we haven’t seen enough of him since he made the PS. It doesn’t appear like we are taking the backup QB thing seriously. It’s shocking how almost all but a handful of teams have a solid backup. We are in the minority. Cooper Rush has been on the team as long as Dak basically. I don’t care if he knows the playbook he can’t win if we need for him to win. Rush should be much better. That’s fine if you have him as a QB3 if he does well in the QB room but as QB2!? Fuck no.

21 hours ago, D_Goose said:

I guess GG fucked McCarthy's wife or something to have gotten shafted in favor of Rush and Will fucking Grier.

I'll be standing by waiting to hear that we're bringing in Paxton Lynch this afternoon.

Gilbert is bad a pro QB.  He just is, so who cares if your reshuffling the chairs on the Titanic.  Grier is a probably a foolish pickup, but it's really a dumb transaction to spend your waiver claim on.  Really fucking dumb.  Could have just signed him after he was a FA.  All of that said, Grier should be that younger guy you're trying to develop into a good backup QB.  We still need an actual backup QB, because Cooper ain't it.  And get DiNucci the fuck out of here.  The old boy system just never goes away.  Fuck McCarthy, such a shitty fucking hire.  

Can't remember, but I think he started the SB for them.... he played a lot and actually had 100 yards receiving in that game.  In reality, he's a jack of all trades and master of none.  I would have preferred Jordan Howard or Charcandrick West as a 3rd but Clement is also a ST wizard so I get it.  

This team is no different than the past decade.  Top tier talent at sexy positions, but will need unbelievable health.  Very thin.  Still need another pass rusher, another CB (maybe 2), another DT, a swing OT of consequence, and of course a better backup QB, but besides that..... we're golden.

41 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I was looking at the 53 today and the cowboys are super lean on offensive weapons.  3RBs, 2TEs, 5WRs.  Crazy.

lulz, like you know shit about how to build a team. how about you let the three-time world champion general manager who has been running this thing for over 30 years make the personnel decisions. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, futureman said:

lulz, like you know shit about how to build a team. how about you let the three-time world champion general manager who has been running this thing for over 30 years make the personnel decisions. 

Excuse me sir, but I've built countless championship teams in Madden on All-Madden difficulty.  I'm pretty sure I know a thing or two about roster management...

Apparently he’s not vaxx’d because they wouldn’t have to rule him out so early if he was. Fucking dipshit 
He's a dipshit because he won't get vaxed for your entertainment of watching him play?? Good for him for not getting that jab if he doesn't want to. No matter if the NFL is trying to strong arm him.
  • Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He's a dipshit because he won't get vaxed for your entertainment of watching him play?? Good for him for not getting that jab if he doesn't want to. No matter if the NFL is trying to strong arm him.

No he’s a dipshit for not getting vaccinated during a pandemic when he has access to get the vaccine. He’s letting his team down, but more importantly, he’s a dipshit because he isn’t listening to science and doctors that have his best interests In mind. I would say that about anyone who doesn’t get vaccinated

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He gets paid to play. If he can’t play because he refuses to get vaxed then take away his game check. Then see how fast the dipshit gets vaccinated. 

• Hook 'Em 4