Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Zach Martin is a fucking moron for not getting vaxxed. My entertainment is gonna be here no matter what - now I just know they’re gonna get embarrassed. 

The poster was wrong up above. Martin is vaxxed. The reason he's on the longer protocol timeline is because he began feeling symptoms. I believe he lost his sense of taste.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32154292/cowboys-og-zack-martin-tests-positive-covid-19-thursday-opener-vs-tampa-bay-buccaneers

Because of the return-to-play protocols, Martin will not be cleared in time to play, although he is vaccinated. A fully vaccinated player can return to play in five days if he does not have symptoms following two negative tests separated by 24 hours. An unvaccinated player faces at least a 10-day quarantine. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

10 hours ago, dcar00 said:

So Martin the supposed fuckup is vaccinated but can't play? 

Breakthrough case.  He would have probably been fine if he was asymptomatic but unfortunately he had flu-like symptoms and felt terrible.  Totally sucks but it's akin to someone getting the flu the night before the game and missing it or at least that's how we have to treat it.  Just have to eat it and do they best we can.  

There is a tiny chance Martin can play.....

50 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Breakthrough case.  He would have probably been fine if he was asymptomatic but unfortunately he had flu-like symptoms and felt terrible.  Totally sucks but it's akin to someone getting the flu the night before the game and missing it or at least that's how we have to treat it.  Just have to eat it and do they best we can.  

There is a tiny chance Martin can play.....

didn't some test negative after 2 days recently?  pump that guy full of monoclonal, horse paste, z pack, and vitamin D and lets get to work.

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Good thing Martin got the vaxx so he wouldn’t miss oh wait. 
some of you cloak room guys are wild 

cowboys are gonna get skull fucked with or without him mike McCarthy sucks 

pray for Dak 

This will be one of those games where the hapless Cowboys inexplicably beat a superior opponent by 10+ points.  

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

This will be one of those games where the hapless Cowboys inexplicably beat a superior opponent by 10+ points.  

Please don’t get my hopes up hahah. Actually we prob win tonight and get destroyed next week lol 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

Apparently there are coaches, teammates and many others that have a problem with Cam...

Receiver Steve Smith took matters into his own hands after the Panthers were decimated by the New York Giants in Week 3 by telling Newton to learn from defeat and stop sulking (via ProFootballTalk):

"I watched D.A. and Jimmy (Clausen), they don’t play in 20-something games last year. And they get up and they observe and learn and get those mental reps...I told him, ‘You can get some mental reps or you can sit on that bench and sulk.’"

The jury is still out on whether or not Newton elects to receive the message. What he fails to realize is that his every action will now be placed under an enormous amount of scrutiny. For example, his alleged sulking in the locker room after a defeat that held up the team bus, according to Ed Werder on Twitter:

Cam Newton held up team buses for long time while sitting in locker room alone and setting record most lotion applied post shower.Nfl

— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) October 1, 2012

------------------

Draft scout Nolan Nawrocki criticized Newton like no other draft prospect has been before. If you don’t believe me, take a look at the quotes from Nawrocki:

“Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room … Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”

-----------------

By Tim Kelly
August 2, 2019
7:29 am

DeAngelo Williams wasn’t shy about voicing his opinions during his 11-year NFL career, and whatever filter the ex-running back may have had during his career has become non-existent since he last played in the league in 2016.

Williams infamously questioned the football credentials of Good Morning Football host Kyle Brandt, only for Brandt to remind him that he was a running back at Princeton. Friday morning, Williams shared some of his rawest opinions on Cam Newton, who he was a teammate with on the Carolina Panthers from 2011 to 2014.

“He’s a good quarterback, he’s not great,” Williams said of Newton on The Mac Attack on Sports Radio WFNZ in Charlotte. “He’s a great football player, but he is a good quarterback.”

ESPN’s Booger McFarland made headlines in 2017 for saying that “people he’s talked to in Carolina” questioned Cam’s leadership skills and didn’t think he was particularly well liked by “a lot” of his teammates. That’s a vague statement, but it’s part of a larger notion that questions Newton as the leader in the huddle, a notion that Williams didn’t go out of his way to dispel Friday.

Williams then shockingly told WFNZ, “I don’t know, because things progress. But when I was there he was still young and the leadership fell under Steve Smith. That’s one of the reasons why they got rid of Steve. I can tell you this, though: the entire time that I was there, Cam Newton was never voted captain but he had a captain 'C' on his jersey when we stepped out on gameday.”

Edited by Mileslong