Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

Even a good OL would have a difficult time run blocking an 8-man box with blitzers shooting the gaps. Where are the quick passes? Can't we hit on a slant or a dig?

We did hit a quick slant that was taken 85 yards the other way

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Even a good OL would have a difficult time run blocking an 8-man box with blitzers shooting the gaps. Where are the quick passes? Can't we hit on a slant or a dig?

That's precisely what was dialed up and missed horribly multiple times

Sark calls a lot of great plays. he can't also execute them

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Agreed, but at some point the play caller has to start scheming around the weaknesses. We get off to fast starts. Like playing with house money.

Why keep trying to run between the tackles time after time when in the 2nd half the OL can't block my sister? How about a regular dose of play action, end around, reverses, screens, etc. Something to keep the defense guessing and off balance. Traditional play calling doesn't work with this OL.

how is any of that going to work when the whole oline is getting drove into the backfield every play?

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

gotta love it when Sark calls a slant and it's wide open but Casey throw a shit pass so it was a stupid call.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Well, then our QB and WRs just suck. I know X isn't the guy to make a tough catch over the middle. Not yet, anyway. Too light in the britches.

Maybe get the TEs more involved? 

Did y’all hear Sarks Presser??? Maybe y’all should take a listen

Im not saying is not the coaches , but this is definitely a problem no matter who the coach is, and we have hired coaches who have won everywhere else.  It could definitely be a psychological issue, . We have 4-5 stars , Winning coaches , everything you need to be successful, so what else???? 

Y’all: Fire Sark!!! 
For what?!? So the next coach can come in and do the same thing??  

That’s probably the fucking problem. What successful program keeps hiring and firing coaches but us?? Even after 1 or 2 sub-par seasons 

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 1

Quentin Johnston is eating blOwU alive. Thanks herman. How many guys on this roster in their current player development would any of the top 15 teams take? Maybe 5…let that sink in before you burn sark, pk, or flood at the stake. This is going to be a long journey with this staff but at the end I’m betting it looks a lot fucking better than it does right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

So tell me, if changing play calling an adjustment? Is playing different players an adjustment? I’m not really sure why you’re so dug in on this. 2007 Nebraska saw Jamaal Charles carry the ball 8 times in the first half. We won because in the second half he carries the ball 25 times. That’s not an adjustment though

You are a muppet and taking a Greg Davis example of muppet play calling is entirely on point. We absolutely would of win this game if we leaned in Bijan in the second half, like your muppet example, so please suck my micropenis

7 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Is it me but I notice that dick gobbler Lincoln Riley is more engaged and emotional and at least bitches at refs for shit calls. When was the last time we had any emotion from the sidelines from coaches(and even the players).

There was that time Tom put his backpack on. Oh and that other time he tried to run across the field to fight Gundy. 

That’s all I got. 

22 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Is it me but I notice that dick gobbler Lincoln Riley is more engaged and emotional and at least bitches at refs for shit calls. When was the last time we had any emotion from the sidelines from coaches(and even the players).

That dick gobbler is about to win another Big 12 championship, go to the playoff (again), and position his team to win a national championship.

We are 4-3 and have an offense that managed to gain one whole yard in the fourth quarter.

Texas football is an unmitigated disaster.

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Do you think he changes game plan in second half….or can’t beat opponents adjustments at half? 

Or does our D fold? 

Our defense had literally nothing to do with our offense gaining one whole yard in the fourth quarter. 

Edited by Tex Pete

7 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Sark a fraud?  Too early to be sure.  But, other than ‘05 and ‘09, Texas football has been one for a long time.

Perennially overrated and still living off of DKR’s achievements.  Then, there’s the false security of MB’s string of 10-win seasons, all the while conveniently forgetting we have been and continue to be Oklahoma’s bitch since Switzer. We are King of the Holiday and Alamo Bowls, so we got that much …

Only thing changing is the calendar.

You forgot about 08.  I think 08 Texas was better than 09.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

Did y’all hear Sarks Presser??? Maybe y’all should take a listen

Im not saying is not the coaches , but this is definitely a problem no matter who the coach is, and we have hired coaches who have won everywhere else.  It could definitely be a psychological issue, . We have 4-5 stars , Winning coaches , everything you need to be successful, so what else???? 

Y’all: Fire Sark!!! 
For what?!? So the next coach can come in and do the same thing??  

That’s probably the fucking problem. What successful program keeps hiring and firing coaches but us?? Even after 1 or 2 sub-par seasons 

holy shit.  seriously?  tons of programs fire coaches until they find the right one.   7 win Steve is exactly what we thought he was.   CDC took a flyer that he might be successful at Texas.  he was wrong.  

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

I don’t think he’s a fraud. I need more time for final diagnosis.

Do you think he changes game plan in second half….or can’t beat opponents adjustments at half? 

Or does our D fold? 

Head scratcher.

he's not a fraud.  he's just not a very good head coach.  CDC took a big risk and it's coming up snake eyes.

7 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I think offensively, Sark (and everyone from the Saban tree) falls into the Alabama mindset. Come out and fly high, scheme your ass off, get a good lead. Then, lean on your big studs up front to put the game away for you. 

We don’t have the damn studs up front. He can’t coach the normal way. It literally has to be all gas. 

no pick 6, we win

we didn't even have to score on that drive

i'm way behind, but i hope others have come to that conclusion

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

This is what’s missing.  There is no real quick game other than WR screens and trying to hit Bijan out of the backfield if we get the defense to line up where it’s impossible for the defender assigned to him to beat him to the flat.  I’m not saying there is a great plan out there to deal with a sieve offensive line, but just continuing to base the passing game on slow developing plays, or play action that requires guys to pull and then protect, isn’t going to consistently work with this group.   

I’ll repeat myself from another thread, but it’s all very reminiscent of Mackovic.  We do lots of clever things on offense.  And we keep doing them no matter what, because we’re sure they’re clever and “correct” even if they don’t suit our personnel, require too many moving parts to work in that situation, or don’t account for the way the other team has adjusted.  Our plan is our plan and it stays that way.

And on defense our base can’t stop simple running games … and again we don’t adjust anything as multiple teams run for 300+ on us, as if that’s in any way acceptable.  

And our coach seems smart, yet he is oddly aloof about all of this and there never seems to be a sense of urgency or emotion from him or the team.  

At least Sark doesn’t seem like a dick, but otherwise I’m having a lot of Mackovic era flashbacks.

I'd be ecstatic is Sark won us 3 conference titles, so please let him be Mackovic. 

18 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

At least Sark doesn’t seem like a dick, but otherwise I’m having a lot of Mackovic era flashbacks.

this.  I do know Sark probably wouldn't stop running Ricky Williams for 9 yards a carry against Baylor though.

7 hours ago, chemHORN said:

I guess you could realize coaching has screwed us in the last 2 games.  Along with the general team attitude that they don'f really care if we win because they are headed to the NFL (which outside of Bijan isn't happening for anyone else)    

is that really what you saw today?

9 hours ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Sark will succeed at Texas. This team has a lot of turtle left in it, and it was addressed in the post game press conference if any of you regarded bastards were wondering. We won't be great until we have a great offensive line and that's not happening anytime soon. I get that some of you are pissed about the defense but if our offense continues to shit the bed in the third and fourth quarters opponents are going to start scoring. If you want to blame someone blame Mack, Chuck, and Tom for the last decade of O line recruiting and development. Oklahoma state scored 6 offensive points in the first half and only started scoring when our offense proceeded to go 3 and out 4 times in a row. The loss sucks and I'm mad but nobody is getting fired. 

truth.  you can't put the D back on the field for 15 minutes nonstop without a 4-score lead (and that means 33 points) .   the o-line has 2 quarters in the tank.

11 hours ago, troph said:

What did he say in the post game presser? 

He said the players are stupid and making completely unforced errors because they are too in their own heads to execute the plays properly. He also talks about how big penalties led to scores for Oklahoma state and how poor offensive play is what broke the team. He held the team accountable. 

9 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I literally just did. Apparently reading isn’t a fundamental part of playing RG

This is the problem with our players. They are stupid. I don’t want to pick on them, but we have a bunch of idiots who are big on the oline. 

8 hours ago, hookem48 said:

gotta love it when Sark calls a slant and it's wide open but Casey throw a shit pass so it was a stupid call.

Exactly. Love that people don’t get super pissed off at Casey when he comes back in the game after getting his ribs smashed makes a perfect throw to a receiver who just scored easily. Hits him in the hands and drops the pass.

there is a lot of things this team is, and disciplined is not one of them. There were so many errors that extended drives, passes dropped that were for sure catches. Wide open play calls that got blown up because the oline literally blocked no one. All these idiots blaming sark don’t know anything about football. This team forced the loss. That’s on the coach to fix, but it’s not the coaches fault. 

• Hook 'Em 7

35 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Stages of grief. Are we in anger or denial with Sark? 

Shit, I've already motored through acceptance rounding the corner towards apathy. That 4th qtr feeling was all too familiar. Even though Texas was ahead, the imminent pants shitting was clear for all to see. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, immamac said:

He said the players are stupid and making completely unforced errors because they are too in their own heads to execute the plays properly. He also talks about how big penalties led to scores for Oklahoma state and how poor offensive play is what broke the team. He held the team accountable. 

This is the problem with our players. They are stupid. I don’t want to pick on them, but we have a bunch of idiots who are big on the oline. 

Exactly. Love that people don’t get super pissed off at Casey when he comes back in the game after getting his ribs smashed makes a perfect throw to a receiver who just scored easily. Hits him in the hands and drops the pass.

there is a lot of things this team is, and disciplined is not one of them. There were so many errors that extended drives, passes dropped that were for sure catches. Wide open play calls that got blown up because the oline literally blocked no one. All these idiots blaming sark don’t know anything about football. This team forced the loss. That’s on the coach to fix, but it’s not the coaches fault. 

you have to think a lot of guys are drunk posting stupid shit so there's no reason to get into arguments about stuff but then they come back a few days later posting the same stupid shit so they must be drunk and stupid

24 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Didn’t get why Sark didn’t leave Card in for a few series when Casey got injured to see if he could provide a spark.  Worked for OU.

It could be because Card has kind of shown he does terrible with pressure when the OL sucks (See Arkansas game and even his one pass yesterday).  Maybe Sark is “protecting him” from getting destroyed mentally and physically since our OL can’t pass or run block.  I think Card must have looked good in practice over the Summer against our defense but when he played other schools during the season he looked overwhelmed with his reads and throws.  I really have no idea but I am pretty confident that if Card played a few series yesterday or the rest of the game it wouldn’t have made a difference in the final outcome.

9 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

And our coach seems smart, yet he is oddly aloof about all of this and there never seems to be a sense of urgency or emotion from him or the team.   “Can’t expect to beat Rice every time.”   I know Sark hasn’t said anything like that yet, but in practice that’s pretty much what he projects.  The broader point is we don’t adjust, but consider we didn’t even try to set up a lateral on the last kick return vs. OU.  

A "sense of urgency"?

Hell, man, he's making $5MM + per year with a $20MM buy-out. Sark's already won the lottery and is playing with house money. Chill, brah.

18 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Fraud? No. It's not Sark. Even if he went 6-6, it's not like his past HC gigs pointed to anything else. If he's better than that, great. 

This program is a fraud. The fake turf, Longhorn Network, put on a carnival outside the stadium instead of focusing on a winning football program, Jetpack guy, 6% blended increase, Salt-n-Pepa playing before the game, bullshit. Let's expand our stadium with a big Longhorn in the endzone seating that looks tacky and never has anybody sit there instead of building a program that wins on the field.

This team is such a parallel with the city of Austin itself. It used to be cool, have culture, and do good things. Now we're a bachelorette party with the girls wearing boots and cowboy hats and talking about how they are so Texas.

Accurate post is accurate.

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?