Shave like a man meta thread

nnm

Two years ago I made the switch to a $3 pair of tweezers from the cosmetics aisle at Walgreens and just pluck out the hairs on my face after the shower.  Sure it takes a little longer, you may want to go ahead and clear your morning schedule, but you won't get a smoother face than plucking out the hairs by the roots, and you'll only have to do it a couple of times a week instead of daily.  The tweezers will last several lifetimes.

Edited by Tom
Actually I just use electric clippers and get as close as they allow. I don't care about a close shave. I'll dry shave the lower part of my neck and cheeks with a disposable where I don't want stubble. Takes very little time.

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Two years ago I made the switch to a $3 pair of tweezers from the cosmetics aisle at Walgreens and just pluck out the hairs on my face after the shower.  Sure it takes a little longer, you may want to go ahead and clear your morning schedule, but you won't get a smoother face than plucking out the hairs by the roots, and you'll only have to do it a couple of times a week instead of daily.  The tweezers will last several lifetimes.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:53 AM, Post Oak said:

Have an Edwin Jagger razor and have used Feather blades but I've become disappointed with them and recently switched to Astra blades and have been happy.

Had a sample pack of different blades and Astra was the best for me. After 10 years, it's still the only brand I buy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...